Tactics and Formations (14 Viewers)

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
Does anyone else think our 4-2-3-1 resembles the 4-4-2 we played with Nedved (under Lippi), where Cammoranesi would drift wide right and Nedved would drift central and often play behind the strikers and we'd have a lopsided 4-3-1-2 with only 1 player constantly playing wide (Cammoranesi on the right) and Zambrotta would run the left flank when Nedved moved into the centre (like Sandro does now when Mandzu moves forward and Dybala sits in the hole just behind the strikers and Caudrado sits back a little)? I know when we don't have the ball Mandzu works like lion to get back and help out but when we're in position we always remind me of back then...

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Does anyone else think our 4-2-3-1 resembles the 4-4-2 we played with Nedved (under Lippi), where Cammoranesi would drift wide right and Nedved would drift central and often play behind the strikers and we'd have a lopsided 4-3-1-2 with only 1 player constantly playing wide (Cammoranesi on the right) and Zambrotta would run the left flank when Nedved moved into the centre (like Sandro does now when Mandzu moves forward and Dybala sits in the hole just behind the strikers and Caudrado sits back a little)? I know when we don't have the ball Mandzu works like lion to get back and help out but when we're in position we always remind me of back then...
Maybe cuz you're guts are telling you this team is gonna go to Cardiff and this time we are gonna be with all our main players (stupid yellow to Nedved) and we (Juve and Pipita) are gonna rise that trophy once and for all after such a long time

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Nedved would have destroyed them for sure. It was the same with his NT, they were in tune till Nedved went out against Grecia in euro 2004... I felt so bad for Pavel

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I must say that I am surprised that Allegri opted for the 4231. Nobody would have anticipated him using it especially while deploying Mandzukic on the left.

However, it is worth pointing out that this formation can only be used if Cuadrado is available as there is no natural substitute for him on the right. I also don't think Allegri would opt to have Dybala used in that position.

All of a sudden Cuadrado becomes an automatic starter assuming we persevere with this formation.

Also worth pointing out that it changes our transfer strategy somewhat if we persevere with it next season.

Currently we have 8 central mids if you include Mandragora (or Bentancur next season). 5 forwards with only 2 natural attacking wing players + Mandzukic. In this scenario, someone like Berrardi may actually find space.

- - - Updated - - -

I must say that I am surprised that Allegri opted for the 4231. Nobody would have anticipated him using it especially while deploying Mandzukic on the left.

However, it is worth pointing out that this formation can only be used if Cuadrado is available as there is no natural substitute for him on the right. I also don't think Allegri would opt to have Dybala used in that position.

All of a sudden Cuadrado becomes an automatic starter assuming we persevere with this formation.

Also worth pointing out that it changes our transfer strategy somewhat if we persevere with it next season.

Currently we have 8 central mids if you include Mandragora (or Bentancur next season). 5 forwards with only 2 natural attacking wing players + Mandzukic. In this scenario, someone like Berrardi may actually find space.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
4 2 3 1
Alves Rugani Bonucci Sandro
Rincin Marchisio
Cuadrado dybala pjanic
Higuain
You remember post about the 4231 a couple of months ago which you replied with the 4231 diagram? We were part of the few in here who believed it could be the answer and now we see..otherwise never even heard 4231 even mentioned as alternative before Max using it. Eyval siamaki
Also if we stick to this formation AND fail to buy our coveted players, I have zero doubt that Bonnuci is capable of doing a better job than khedira at this stage of his career to cover in midfield, especially since he is familiar with the CBs movements and so is Marchisio..

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
You remember post about the 4231 a couple of months ago which you replied with the 4231 diagram? We were part of the few in here who believed it could be the answer and now we see..otherwise never even heard 4231 even mentioned as alternative before Max using it. Eyval siamaki
Also if we stick to this formation AND fail to buy our coveted players, I have zero doubt that Bonnuci is capable of doing a better job than khedira at this stage of his career to cover in midfield, especially since he is familiar with the CBs movements and so is Marchisio..
in the 4231 we have more space and creativity in addition to a classic wingers with the strong flanks and the trequartista in the middle, all of whom can dribble, take long shots and attempt key, incisive passes.

Attachments

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
results speak for themselves.

some of us, me included..were asking... no...begging...for a system change...and when allegri did it... things started to roll.

thats to demonstrate that some of us has certain ideas that could be applied too, and that allegri is not infallible.

but credit when its due... his 4231 is better than a lot of things we came up with.....still i said numerous times that dybala could play as treq, and a lot of peeps here mocked at me saying he was strictly a support tsriker..

now her we are.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
results speak for themselves.

some of us, me included..were asking... no...begging...for a system change...and when allegri did it... things started to roll.

thats to demonstrate that some of us has certain ideas that could be applied too, and that allegri is not infallible.

but credit when its due... his 4231 is better than a lot of things we came up with.....still i said numerous times that dybala could play as treq, and a lot of peeps here mocked at me saying he was strictly a support tsriker..

now her we are.
I helped too :tup:
It's very close to my fifa formation.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You guys realize its not so much about formation, but about key offensive performers reaching their peak form, as it was last 2 seasons under Allegri too?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
You cant really say that without taking in account the inherent problems the 3 midfield had.

Higuain was not getting service, our midfielders were struggling a lot to dictate the play, dybala having to drop deep to get balls. That has nothing to do with form.

Jun 6, 2015
The biggest change this new formation has brought is that we look more solid defensively. There has been no more black moments where we are completely under pressure and look like conceding at any given moment. With three at the back if we lacked intensity it looked really tough for us, I feel this formation has helped us to manage games better even when not exerting all our energy.

With the old formation we needed the two box-to-box mids working really hard both defensively and offensively. Now that responsibility is on our wingers who are better suited for that job and Khedira/Pjanic/Marchisio can sit in front of the back four and rotate the play and keep the shape together.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The biggest change this new formation has brought is that we look more solid defensively. There has been no more black moments where we are completely under pressure and look like conceding at any given moment. With three at the back if we lacked intensity it looked really tough for us, I feel this formation has helped us to manage games better even when not exerting all our energy.

With the old formation we needed the two box-to-box mids working really hard both defensively and offensively. Now that responsibility is on our wingers who are better suited for that job and Khedira/Pjanic/Marchisio can sit in front of the back four and rotate the play and keep the shape together.
Spot on.

For our 352 to work, we needed heavy sacrifice from our mids, and them would need also good technique to start plays and dictate games. Vidal and Pogba were capabale of this because they had the age, stamina and technique to pull it. But without them and with our ageing wingbacl Licht ...the problems surfaced quickly. Licht specially was not able to pull those kind of game he did in our first 2 seasons.

Now our DMs can focus on defend and our wingers can focus on attack like it should be. Obvs this is not as robust as i said..because it is a group effort.... but the responsability is shared by many... instead of being waiting for our 3 mids to make work the whole formation or die.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)