-----------Rugani Benatia Chiellini/Evra
Cuadrado Khedira Marchisio Pjanic Sandro
---------------Higuain Mandzukic

------------------Buffon
Lichtsteiner Benatia Rugani/Chiellini Sandro
---------Khadira Marchisio Lemina
---------------------Pjanic
-------------Higuain Mandzukic
Yeah, this will be fitting if we dont loose another player mid-week with a training injury.....

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Marchisio, is not playing holding mid because he's recovering, but because he's a $#@!ing beast at that position, and it's his best position.
Khedira is better at B2B than in front of the defense, though his form right now is awful.
Pjanic is no CAM.
When has Dybala every played wide? Imo it's the same annoying tuz tradition as was the "Tevez can play as a winger" a while back.
Cuadrado is pretty bad at the opposite wing.

This really surprises me honestly, I actually find myself agreeing with you much more often than not, but in this post I find very little of how I'd view our team :p
Marchisio can play regista or in a 2 man mid.
Khedira has played in a 2 man mid his whole career whether with Madrid or Germany. I don't agree that he's better as B2B.
Pjanic is a CAM and nothing else IMO. He has to play in the centre of the field so that he can link with Dybala and is closer to Higuain. Lighter defensive duties as well.

As far as Dybala goes. Yes, it is not a comfortable position for him but this is the only way to get our best players on the field together. In the 3-5-2 he is already drifting wider and deeper as it. I'm sure people have noticed that this year. Because our midfield play is poor, he is dropping into the RW area very often like how Messi might do to initiate play at Barca.

Allegri tried to get Pjanic in the centre of the pitch because it is common sense that you want your best passer to have access to your best attackers. But he used him as a regista because that's the only central player in the 3-5-2. Does it make sense for Pjanic to play LCM while Cuadrado and Dybala operate on the right side? It's very far from optimal in my eyes.

Marchisio and Khedira can't offer anything near an in-form Pjanic in attack, so let's just have them focus on protecting the defense and let Pjanic operate ahead of them centrally. He can find space easier because he's naturally placed in between the lines and he can have easier access to all 3 attackers.

Cuadrado won't produce anything on his own at LW because he has a better cross than shot and that option will mostly be lost. But in conjunction with Alex Sandro, I think it could be beneficial. If it was Cuadrado and Lichtsteiner, then I wouldn't think about it.

But again, this is an alternative to scenarios where you have to play Evra as a CB in the 3-5-2 or bench Pjanic in 4-4-2 or bench Cuadrado in 4-3-1-2. These situations are not more favourable to me.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Marchisio, is not playing holding mid because he's recovering, but because he's a fucking beast at that position, and it's his best position.
Khedira is better at B2B than in front of the defense, though his form right now is awful.
Pjanic is no CAM.
When has Dybala every played wide? Imo it's the same annoying tuz tradition as was the "Tevez can play as a winger" a while back.
Cuadrado is pretty bad at the opposite wing.

This really surprises me honestly, I actually find myself agreeing with you much more often than not, but in this post I find very little of how I'd view our team :p
Thanks for saving me the time.

The two CMs are alright in such a formation (alright bit is for Khedira, is ait as DM as he shows for Germany but better off b2b), but everyone else in attacking position are all playing in positions that make them weaker.

- - - Updated - - -

Does it make sense for Pjanic to play LCM while Cuadrado and Dybala operate on the right side? It's very far from optimal in my eyes.

Pjanic is better as RCM, besides needing to play with aggressive players that will baby sit him hustle wise (aka NOT Khedira...), RCM is what he played for Roma, LCM doesnt suit him because he isnt the type to cut in, besides struggling with how to move in our midfield, its not ideal for him in that side. Thats why the two times we used him as AM so far, he used that freedom to go the right and combine well with Cuadrado/Dybala.

If we dont have a choice use him as AM, but if we do, he is better as CM. Seen him as AM several times for Roma, completely dissapears...

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Marchisio can play regista or in a 2 man mid.
Khedira has played in a 2 man mid his whole career whether with Madrid or Germany. I don't agree that he's better as B2B.
Pjanic is a CAM and nothing else IMO. He has to play in the centre of the field so that he can link with Dybala and is closer to Higuain. Lighter defensive duties as well.

As far as Dybala goes. Yes, it is not a comfortable position for him but this is the only way to get our best players on the field together. In the 3-5-2 he is already drifting wider and deeper as it. I'm sure people have noticed that this year. Because our midfield play is poor, he is dropping into the RW area very often like how Messi might do to initiate play at Barca.

Allegri tried to get Pjanic in the centre of the pitch because it is common sense that you want your best passer to have access to your best attackers. But he used him as a regista because that's the only central player in the 3-5-2. Does it make sense for Pjanic to play LCM while Cuadrado and Dybala operate on the right side? It's very far from optimal in my eyes.

Marchisio and Khedira can't offer anything near an in-form Pjanic in attack, so let's just have them focus on protecting the defense and let Pjanic operate ahead of them centrally. He can find space easier because he's naturally placed in between the lines and he can have easier access to all 3 attackers.

Cuadrado won't produce anything on his own at LW because he has a better cross than shot and that option will mostly be lost. But in conjunction with Alex Sandro, I think it could be beneficial. If it was Cuadrado and Lichtsteiner, then I wouldn't think about it.

But again, this is an alternative to scenarios where you have to play Evra as a CB in the 3-5-2 or bench Pjanic in 4-4-2 or bench Cuadrado in 4-3-1-2. These situations are not more favourable to me.
+1 agreed on all points.
Pjanic absolutely needs two dedicated stoppers to lighten his load for him to show his abilities..we don't need khedira ass to wobble forward in attack, he needs to do what he did all his life, holding mid.
With a healthy roster this team formation is 4231 with Pjanic at the one spot behind Higuain.
Some people are opposed to playing Dybala where messi plays for various reasons failing to understand it would completely distrupt and shift any defence, drawing the cbs opening the team up..Only missing ingredient here is Pjaca on the left, if he can be good there then 4231 is a must.
-----el gordo
Pjaca-pjanic-dybi
--march----khedir

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
scond half cua for dybala and stu for khedira
:tup:
If we need more defending we play evra/licht..Cuad will sub easily into Dybala position so Dybi can play behind Higuain. It's a much simpler system to tweak and adjust as needed. Furthermore our wings are covered more against Bayern and wider teams because of the stoppers covering our CBs asses when we get stretched and shifted, I'm sure we all remember..
This is not a pressing team anymore, it's more of a counter attack team to utilize our speed and technical level..llorente ain't up top anymore time to wake up Max.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
After January we should play 3412/4312

Buffon
Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini
Cuadrado Khedira Marchisio Sandro
Pjanic
Dybala Higuain

Buffon
Licht Bonucci Chiellini Sandro
Witsel Marchisio Khedira
Pjanic
Dybala Higuain​

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
I wonder if contes new best friend 3-4-3 would fit us
---------------------buffon
-------Barzagli- bonuci- chielini
Cuadrado-khedira-cheesio-sandro
----Dybala------higuain------pajaca
I think Dybala has the ability succeed as an RW much like Messi has. Left footed, lightning fast, fantastic dribbler and likes to drop deep to help. I remember him and Cuads combining really well at times last season on the right wing.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
i'm trying to keep my points low for when i need them :D

- - - Updated - - -

I think Dybala has the ability succeed as an RW much like Messi has. Left footed, lightning fast, fantastic dribbler and likes to drop deep to help. I remember him and Cuads combining really well at times last season on the right wing.

Chiellini would be a great goalkeeper. he's fearless in 1v1, has an accurate long trow, good kick, rather good jump, is tall and for his lenght rather agile, and he can dive when he has to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)