Tactics and Formations (15 Viewers)

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Cuadrado's performance against Empoli highlighted that he is a great wing back and his speed is meaningful on counters. But he is unlikely to score from that position as he is right footed and the angle is always going to be against him. He needs to be less selfish and square it unless he is in a more central position.

Dybala and Higuain are clearly first choice. However, if Dybala is rested, I would like to see a 433 with Pjaca and Cuadrado flanking Higuain. That would be pretty effective in my view.

Other option would be to use Cuadrado as a mezzala in the central 3 regardless of whether we adpopt a back 3 or back 4. Cuadrado works hard in defense and offers a lot of speed going forward. Would be interesting to see him play in Khedira's position.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Does anyone actually use 352 formation with juve when they play pes/fifa/fm?
In FIFA 2016 it was a very very good formation in Ultimate Team. Very underrated.

Cuadrado's performance against Empoli highlighted that he is a great wing back and his speed is meaningful on counters. But he is unlikely to score from that position as he is right footed and the angle is always going to be against him. He needs to be less selfish and square it unless he is in a more central position.
His finishing has never been good so trusting him with scoring shouldn't be a priority, but his fantastic runs should be utilised very much like this:

A couple of 1-2s, Cuadrado blasts it down the flank, cuts inside, and passes it to a rushing mid/attacker. A very good player to use in the CL against teams like Bayern who hold the ball but are vulnerable on the counter.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I think this could be a viable formation:

------------------Buffon-------------------

Alves----Bonucci----Chiellini----Sandro

--Cuadrado----Marchisio-----Khedira---

------------------Pjanic--------------------

-----------Dybala------Higuain-----------

Cuadrado plays as a B2B which I think he could be rather good at.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
I almost always use 4-3-3 in FUT, my 2017 should be something like

Alves---BonBon----Chiello----AS
----Sami----Pjanic---Cheesio
---JGC------Pipa-----Dybala---

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
In FIFA 2016 it was a very very good formation in Ultimate Team. Very underrated.
Really? I never able to play with 352 in footie games, too vulnerable on wing counter, and the extra men on midfield is useless against stronger teams that use 4231/433

Which is exactly similar to what we can see in reality

I assume that many juventini would ditch 352 when they use this team on games

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Really? I never able to play with 352 in footie games, too vulnerable on wing counter, and the extra men on midfield is useless against stronger teams that use 4231/433

Which is exactly similar to what we can see in reality

I assume that many juventini would ditch 352 when they use this team on games
You need the right players to play it, and you need to give the right orders for the players. In FIFA16 there was extra focus on midfield possession and the whole game flowed through there, so it made things simpler for me at least. It really all depends how you like to play the game.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
We've tried to replace two of the most energetic midfielders in the world with Khedira and Pjanic, no wonder we aren't playing well. Then you take out Marchisio and put in Hernanes.....

Our midfield is awful as a unit and we are playing in a formation based on it. Worrying how few chances we create and how many goals have come from set pieces and long shots this season.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i'd be interested to see if dani alves could work as a cm for us like he played for brazil in wc

he has flair and fancy and is direct and likes to run behind defenders. and those flicks of his can be very useful.

it would also allow us to play him and cuadrado and still emply 3-5-2

9-21

18-8-23-

12-4-19-15-7

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Alves and Pjanic have been massive disappointments for me. Our most important players thus far this season are Dybala, Bonucci, Alex Sandro, Cuadrado, and Higuain. The rest have all been sub-par. I'm so glad Marchisio is back. Maybe the midfield will finally start doing its job.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
When/ if everybody gets fit I would like to see a
4-4-1-1
Alves-BonBon-Barza-AS
Cuad-Lemina-Marchisio-Pjaca
Dybala
Higuain

When we need a more defensive approach we could play Evra/Licht as LB/RB and move AS/Alves to LM/RM.

Pjanic as Dybala sub and Mandzu as Higuain sub. With the lack of quality CMs this could be the way to go.

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
When/ if everybody gets fit I would like to see a
4-4-1-1
Alves-BonBon-Barza-AS
Cuad-Lemina-Marchisio-Pjaca
Dybala
Higuain

When we need a more defensive approach we could play Evra/Licht as LB/RB and move AS/Alves to LM/RM.

Pjanic as Dybala sub and Mandzu as Higuain sub. With the lack of quality CMs this could be the way to go.
Exept for Chellini for Barza, This is more like it: a balanced formation (given Lemina ups his defensive game a bit) but still brings threat down those lines. Alves and Alex Sandro has great overlaping and crossing ability, but Allegri needs to instruct them when to break forward and when to sit back in the correct manner. Can't believe were having problems with this team, were stacked with talent, somehow we just can't play the way we should yet.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Marchisio
Khedira------Pjanic
Cuadrado-----------------Alex Sandro
Higuain​
4-5-1 á la bayern away game way :touched: i'm fine with that, but let's play lemina instead of khedira. sami is out of form atm, and khedira+pjanic are simply too soft together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)