Tactics and Formations (9 Viewers)

Jul 20, 2012
I dont see how this team can play a 4-2-3-1. Ever since Conte game the main influences in the team come from the midfield. If you drop Marchisio Pogba would have to play instead and if we lose Pirlo I just dont see how Vidal-Pogba-Marchisio would work because who would play the anchor man role? I would assume it to be Vidal given his attributes but then you will waste him in that position. If you also play a 4-3-3 then you waste tevez on the wing. It is a lot of work for conte to decide.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I dont see how this team can play a 4-2-3-1. Ever since Conte game the main influences in the team come from the midfield. If you drop Marchisio Pogba would have to play instead and if we lose Pirlo I just dont see how Vidal-Pogba-Marchisio would work because who would play the anchor man role? I would assume it to be Vidal given his attributes but then you will waste him in that position. If you also play a 4-3-3 then you waste tevez on the wing. It is a lot of work for conte to decide.
Yep, nearly no one in our squad is really suited for 4-2-3-1, that wouldn't make much sense. When Pirlo leaves, we should try to move back to a 4 man backline though, with either a 4-3-3, or some variation (4-3-2-1, 4-3-1-2).

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Yep, nearly no one in our squad is really suited for 4-2-3-1, that wouldn't make much sense. When Pirlo leaves, we should try to move back to a 4 man backline though, with either a 4-3-3, or some variation (4-3-2-1, 4-3-1-2).
List of players equally or more suited for a 4-2-3-1:

Lichtsteiner
Tevez
Vucinic
Llorente
Giovinco

The only ones who would struggle are:

Asamoah
Isla
Quags
Bonucci

I only picked the players we could expect to use on a consistent basis.

Jul 20, 2012

Lichtsteiner
Tevez
Vucinic
Llorente

Giovinco

Asamoah
Isla
Quags
Bonucci

Those three wont start together unless its a 4-3-3 with tevez and vucinic on the wings

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

Lichtsteiner
Tevez
Vucinic
Llorente
Giovinco

Asamoah
Isla
Quags
Bonucci

Why would he struggle? He could play as DM, couldn't he?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
maybe a 4-1-4-1 system with asamoah behind pogba vidal a RM a LM and tevez/llorente as a lone striker

- - - Updated - - -

------------------Buffon
Lichtsteiner Barzagli Chiellini Caceres
-----------------Asamoah
-------D.Alves Vidal Pogba Coentrao
------------------Tevez

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
So you are saying something like

licht-barz-chiellini-lb
--vidal--pogba
rw---tevez--vucinic
----llorente

?

If that were the cause we are wasting our 2 best midfielders
You don't "waste" anything here. It's an awesome formation which we could play without Pirlo actually. Marchisio and Asamoah would be rotation players for Vidal and Pogba here. Tevez as SS would feel like a fish in water and same goes for Vucinic who played his best games as LWF for us. Llorente would Love it too, he'd be backed up by Tevez and two wingers here.

If Pirlo leaves we definitely should go this way. Some players would have to be on the bench more but a strong bench is something we lack comparing to Europe's biggest guns.

At this point we need wingers either way, especially RM/RWF.

Jul 20, 2012
You don't "waste" anything here. It's an awesome formation which we could play without Pirlo actually. Marchisio and Asamoah would be rotation players for Vidal and Pogba here. Tevez as SS would feel like a fish in water and same goes for Vucinic who played his best games as LWF for us. Llorente would Love it too, he'd be backed up by Tevez and two wingers here.

If Pirlo leaves we definitely should go this way. Some players would have to be on the bench more but a strong bench is something we lack comparing to Europe's biggest guns.

At this point we need wingers either way, especially RM/RWF.
You would waste vidal and pogba. One of them will have to stay deep to defend while the other one pushes forwad

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
You would waste vidal and pogba. One of them will have to stay deep to defend while the other one pushes forwad
It's not like now they push forward both do they? In the last match vs Napoli Pogba played higher than Vidal. When Marchisio plays instead of Pogba, Vidal plays more advanced role.

I think just yesterday Pogba said he plays deeper role with France and he said he's ok with that. I don't see your problem.

Jul 20, 2012
It's not like now they push forward both do they? In the last match vs Napoli Pogba played higher than Vidal. When Marchisio plays instead of Pogba, Vidal plays more advanced role.

I think just yesterday Pogba said he plays deeper role with France and he said he's ok with that. I don't see your problem.
Okay if you look at the current way Juve play. Both cms do push forward. While Pogba seems to be in a more advanced role currently its not like Vidal wont push forward and be found on the wing or in the box. My problem is they are such a threat going forward that its a waste to let one of them push forward while the other one stays back. Do you see what I mean? Not saying they can't play there just saying they shouldn't

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-3-1-2 all nice formations and with suitable players every single one of these will work. I approve all of them. :D

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Okay if you look at the current way Juve play. Both cms do push forward. While Pogba seems to be in a more advanced role currently its not like Vidal wont push forward and be found on the wing or in the box. My problem is they are such a threat going forward that its a waste to let one of them push forward while the other one stays back. Do you see what I mean? Not saying they can't play there just saying they shouldn't
After all they are CMs. Their main job is to defend and control the midfield battle/possession. Scoring comes later especially if you had something like this upfront:

Cuadrado/* - Tevez - Vucinic
Llorente​

If you want CMs in advanced role then 433 is the way to go. Tevez on LWF and need to get a RWF.

4-3-3 tevez would have to play on the wing

- - - Updated - - -

We already so how useful he is on the wing
He's not that bad on the wing ffs. He played there like two matches both against RM where he had to do a lot of running and defending. In a normal Serie A match he'd be in a more advanced role.

He's better in the middle that's for sure but not that bad on the wing.

Jul 20, 2012
After all they are CMs. Their main job is to defend and control the midfield battle/possession. Scoring comes later especially if you had something like this upfront:

Cuadrado/* - Tevez - Vucinic
Llorente​

If you want CMs in advanced role then 433 is the way to go. Tevez on LWF and need to get a RWF.

He's not that bad on the wing ffs. He played there like two matches both against RM where he had to do a lot of running and defending. In a normal Serie A match he'd be in a more advanced role.

He's better in the middle that's for sure but not that bad on the wing.
LOL im contradicting myself. I dont even remember typing that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)