Lichtsteiner------Barzagli----Chiellini------Ogbonna
-------Pogba-------Pirlo--------Marchisio----------
-------------------Vidal-----------------------
--------Vucinic----------Tevez-----------------
Bonucci won't be dropped.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
I haven't seen Bonucci play with 4 at the back since we were atrotious a few years ago, however, I can't see Barzagli or Chiellini being dropped, and I would rather not see Chiellini play LB. Though if in training Bonucci is playing well as a CB in a two man pairing, I say go ahead with him starting

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
I don't particularly like playing either Ogbonna or Chiellini as a dedicated left back.

Peluso can probably do it better - at least in terms of offering something going forward - and both those centre backs are wasted there in my opinion. Peluso's main problem when played at LCB has been offering attackers too much space on the outside, as he doesn't look comfortable with the added duties toward the middle. The extra space behind him/to his right seems to make him indecisive. When he has the touchline to help him he's a good enough defender.

De Cegile is bollocks and we all know it, so we need another left back that's solid at the back and decent enough going forward.

Let's get Criscito. :snoop:

A 4-man backline of Lichtsteiner (Caceres), Barzagli (Bonucci), Chiellini (Ogbonna) and Criscito (Peluso) looks solid enough for me.

Sell Isla, get Martin healthy, buy a left back and a 4-man back line is good to go.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Honestly Peluso would be good at LB, as Deep C said, he isn't great at Cb but at Lwb he has preformed good for us and in a back 4 he would do better because there is less responsibility on him than a LWB where he must cover a whole side of a pitch

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Amazing how stories (whether it be claims of tactical changes or potential transfers) suddenly appear during an international break when there's nothing else to write about.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I'd imagine something along these lines, if we are full team:

--------------Buffon-----------
Lichtsteiner------Barzagli----Chiellini------Ogbonna
-------Pogba-------Pirlo--------Marchisio----------
-------------------Vidal-----------------------
--------Vucinic----------Tevez-----------------
Yes, yes and yes :tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport:CL winners of 2014 without a doubt.

Worth a shot would be Asamoah as LB and Pogba/Vidal to change positions.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
That team lacks width and for the same reason we are going to get exposed in Europe again if we use such a setup.
But look at that midfield. Mouthwatering. In defensive phase we would basically have 2 hardworking mids, Marchisio and Vidal, to cover our flanks and beside that Tevez would drop down a little bit to contribute even more in defensive part of the setup. With the players we currently have I honestly hope Conte tries this one. That extra CB is obsolete. Apart from Juve no other major European club played 352 for more than a decade. Last I recall were Real in 2002 but with very different type of players involved.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Did i ask you for advice ?

Also let me not forget ,the last Italian team that won the Champions League,Inter had to change from a 4-3-1-2 initially (with Sniejder behind Eto'o and Milito) to a 4-2-3-1 with Pandev and Eto'o on the wings with Eto'o playing even at WB sometimes and the results were there to see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)