Tactics and Formations (9 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Must give Conte props for persisting with the 3-5-2 formation no matter the situation. He clearly wanted a settled formation where every player knows his specific role within the system and feels comfortable; there is no doubt that he has certainly created that feeling this season.

We saw on Tuesday just how aggressive the formation can be when Licht and Asa are playing high up the field. In Conte I trust.
:tup:

Very well said. Formations are just numbers at the end of the day, the most important thing is having the right personnel to play a certain formation (which we clearly do) and drilling a certain system and philosphy (in our case ultra attacking) into our players heads. That's why I always hated when people would call for the 4-3-3 after we had a poor game. If memory serves me correctly, when we went on our epic 8 or 9 win in a row run last season, we were playing the 3-5-2. I'm glad Conte stuck with his ideas, our players are now extremely tactically flexible.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
The triangles formed by the front 2 with the wide man show why Gio struggles in that position. His movement is decent, but picking up the ball back to goal with a defender tight to him is where he struggles badly as:
- either his first touch is bad.
- pressure from the centre back behind him forces him to lose the ball or the centre back nips in front of him.

Either way the end result is bad because the centre mid is committed high up the field ahead of the ball as is the wing back.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
and panties...someone stole zareyach's panties and replaced it with a dildo. He wore it in a hurry and is now complaining.

I know you did it Cumron, give them back!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
For me it isn't even about crossing. We are wasting Mirko & Gio. They would be better deployed on the left cutting in with the 433.

Only problem I see here is people won't like benching Asamoah, but that would only mean more competition for the CM spots for rotations.

The positive in the 433 aside of the two SSs probably producing more would be Licht back in his natural RB role and our back 4 going back to pure domination.

Can anyone tell us if we are on course to have a better or worse goals scored against by seasons end versus last year?
@Alen

- - - Updated - - -

Who is this guy?

I like him.
Rookies. :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)