Tactics and Formations (30 Viewers)

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
I'll need to watch more of Motta, but I'm not convinced.
I agree.. I liked Caceres, but boy did he give away silly PK's left and right..
Actually the one against Bayern right after Trez scored the opener ,focked us over for the entire match.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
How many penalties did he give away again? Two?

Folks make it seem like he gave away 50.

The good tackles were forgotten it appears. He really saved the match for us against Inter with two great tackles in on Milito, and also against one of the Roman clubs.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
He gave away two PK's in very crucial moments, and got away with many during the season..
Yes, sometimes he made some good tackles, but overall his timming was awful when lunging into tackles.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
How many penalties did he give away again? Two?

Folks make it seem like he gave away 50.

The good tackles were forgotten it appears. He really saved the match for us against Inter with two great tackles in on Milito, and also against one of the Roman clubs.
Yes he did good against Inter but he rarely played that well for us.

And do you mean the goal he scored away to Lazio? Before that he was getting owned by Kolarov all night.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yes he did good against Inter but he rarely played that well for us.

And do you mean the goal he scored away to Lazio? Before that he was getting owned by Kolarov all night.
That's not entirely true, IMO. The good and bad matches was split about 50/50.

Most of the time you had folks here highlighting the bad, then not mentioning the good. Moreover, two prominent posters here already were highly negative on the player from pretty much day one, and a lot of people believed them.

And again, no offense to Red but I have to discredit him here. I can't take someone who rates Grygera but claims Caceres is a disaster seriously. Sorry.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Which can be worked on, since he's only 23, but whatever.

I'm sure Motta will be humongous upgrade.
I agree. Like I said I liked the guy eventhough he made some costly mistakes, he certainly had good pair of legs, and seemed skillful on the ball.

But I wouldn't say he's the better "defender" between him and Motta..

You could say they both suck at defending tho! :)

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009

Most of the time you had folks here highlighting the bad, then not mentioning the good. Moreover, two prominent posters here already were highly negative on the player from pretty much day one, and a lot of people believed them.

And again, no offense to Red but I have to discredit him here. I can't take someone who rates Grygera but claims Caceres is a disaster seriously. Sorry.
Caceres had more good games than most of his team mates did last season.

I've seen 3 games of Motta and I'm not impressed.

As for Grygera - lol -

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Red likes Grygera? I find that odd.

May 22, 2007
Cáceres had critics straight from his debut against Villarreal, and I did find it hilarious during the season when people said they prefer Grygera to him. Agreed with those who say he'll improve defensively (we saw that very clearly during the season), he has qualities which none of our other defenders have currently so we should get him.

If (or when) he is eligible for a Spanish passport I say encourage him to get it and try and sign him as early as possible, he shouldn't cost a lot (like the 11m planned) because Barça will barely play him and they're in a few problems financially.

Bale as LW, my answer would be yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)