Tactics and Formations (27 Viewers)

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #581
    Dom, if you are talking about steps, then we just took one giant step backwards.

Selling your most creative force and most lethal poacher can never be considered good or intelligent, unless you have a surprise lined up. However, with the current board, I fear the worst!
    How do you know if Diego's replacement is not a step forwards on Diego himself? Our most creative force is not the best player out there, you are talking as if we sold Messi.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    How do you know if Diego's replacement is not a step forwards on Diego himself? Our most creative force is not the best player out there, you are talking as if we sold Messi.
    So as long as the player isn't the best in the world, we should sell him, even if it's a net loss on our books?

OK, right.

We should have followed the same policy with Del Piero, too.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    4-fucking-4-fucking-2

well guys we might end up winning serie A but god knows we will end up being humiliated in Europe again
    players make the formation work, not the other way around. you should know better. if your players are good, and coach is tactically sound, who cares what formation he plays as long as it works?

and since when did winning the league become bad? last i checked we still looking for 30th trophy and we haven't won this in 4 years.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    We're creating a decent and solid team, that'll get us in the CL. We'll get a lot of 1-0's and 1-1's this season. We're solid, but not that solid yet and we wont be so creative upfront. Come CL next season, come the money. We'll get two or three quality investments.

I honestly beleive these guys are plannig ahead well, even though one can disagree with some of their decisions. As do I.
    I don't know how you come to this conclusion.

The players are just as mediocre as last season, the coach isn't a real upgrade to Zaccheroni, and we still look miserable on the pitch against weaker opposition.

Gee, great planning this.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    I don't know how you come to this conclusion.

The players are just as mediocre as last season, the coach isn't a real upgrade to Zaccheroni, and we still look miserable on the pitch against weaker opposition.

Gee, great planning this.
    The bad side is for me losing Diego and Giovinco. But the midfield, defence, and squad as a whole has improved significantly.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    The bad side is for me losing Diego and Giovinco. But the midfield, defence, and squad as a whole has improved significantly.
    Don't agree. Motta, Pepe, Martinez, and Lanzafame are not upgrades at all. Losing Diego and Giovinco compensates for bringing in Aquilani and Krasic, one player who might only play half a season and another one who is somewhat unproven.

I don't see any real improvement at all.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    Unless we play Barca or Arsenal, then a flat 4-4-2 is pure:juventus:
    or Liverpool,or Fulham...or pretty much any English team taht will overrun us in midfield

players make the formation work, not the other way around. you should know better. if your players are good, and coach is tactically sound, who cares what formation he plays as long as it works?

and since when did winning the league become bad? last i checked we still looking for 30th trophy and we haven't won this in 4 years.
    yeah and 4-4-2 with world class players still got us bombed out of Europe year after year,even with Capello in charge. I thought i was not alone in being relieved that THIS Juventus were starting to think more progressively tactically, instead we will resort to type and pummel in Serie A but struggle against any team with pace

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    but the loss was because the players in the 4-4-2 weren't suitable againt that opposition and the coach had a bad mentality, not because 4-4-2 is a failure.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #589
    So as long as the player isn't the best in the world, we should sell him, even if it's a net loss on our books?

OK, right.

We should have followed the same policy with Del Piero, too.
    But I did not say that and it's really not my problem if you understood it this way.

Look, I will explain it to you in baby English:

1- We sold Diego
    2- We are buying a replacement
    3- If the replacement is better than Diego then the deal is an upgrade not a downgrade
    4- The reaction some are making is as if Diego is the best in the world

Got it now?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    But I did not say that and it's really not my problem if you understood it this way.

Look, I will explain it to you in baby English:

1- We sold Diego
    2- We are buying a replacement
    3- If the replacement is better than Diego then the deal is an upgrade not a downgrade
    4- The reaction some are making is as if Diego is the best in the world

Got it now?
    You would fail investment 101 class.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    but i Diego an investemnt? he did flop last year.

if he flops again his value will go down.

minimizing loss also important.
    It was one season. Start doing this with every player and you will have a humongous turnover, ten times worse than how Inter used to be.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #595
    It was one season. Start doing this with every player and you will have a humongous turnover, ten times worse than how Inter used to be.
    Last year he flopped and this year he will be fielded out of position thus the chances are big that he'll flop again.

And yes, I know what you will say:

Retarded board
    Idiot coach
    Mediocrity
    Shoot ourselves in the leg
    Sack them
    etc.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    So what Andy? Diego was expected to carry the team, just like Kaka carried Milan, Messi carries Barca, Ronaldo carried Man Utd, Del Piero carried Juve.

he failed, and subsequently Juve failed.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    as i posted elsewhere,i fear for us returning to the 4-4-2 formation we were so desperate to evolve from

the problem was we DIDN'T really build the team around him,we had a lot of (poorly performing) square pegs in round holes last season,this year with wingers is where we should have seena lot more of Diego.
    as for the 4-4-2,this is the same formation we stuck to rigidly for years and yes IT CAN be succesful,but think about every team that plays the 4-4-2 well and they all have marauding fullbacks that overlap and allow the wingers more space in which to play.
    do you honestly think we have the players to do this well,or,like me,do you fear that we are going to have 2 fullbacks that hate to get over the halfway line,2 wingers left high and dry as the opponents double up on them and a midfield pairing so lacking in pace that we are completely overrun in the middle?

god will be be crying for some creativity then.........

delpiero4life

Mar 23, 2010
    Don't agree. Motta, Pepe, Martinez, and Lanzafame are not upgrades at all. Losing Diego and Giovinco compensates for bringing in Aquilani and Krasic, one player who might only play half a season and another one who is somewhat unproven.

getting rid of cannavaro and replacing him with bonucci is already a significant upgrade dude-

pepe was one of italys best player in the world cup as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)