Tactics and Formations (17 Viewers)

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Strictly talking about Europe not league formation..with our style of football and type of players, playing traditional 4-3-3 would be moronic.
4-2-3-1> 4-3-1-2> 4-3-2-1>3-5-2...you can't expect pogba to give his all if you play him where we play him now. #1 priority = free up pogba. Two stoppers will help our CBs who aren't the quickest, plus we will have far greater ability to recover from a mistake, such as when we lose the ball during countering...4-3-3 means you have an extreme attack and play pressing football which we do NOT we sit and counter in Europe. Sit and counter means 4-2-3-1...playing Dybala on the wing but giving him the freedom to reverse cut or switch sides freely, WILL make any defence collapse..frees up mendzukic and pogba...we won't lose anything out of Dybala by doing this, he has intelligence to make it work.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
352 is trusted in the league I'm talking about Europe..
Contes biggest weakness was he was not flexible. we could have done much better had we been more fluid and adaptable...luckily Allegri is much better in that aspect.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Buffon
Neto
Lichtsteiner Bonucci Chiellini Sandro
Vrsaljko Caceres/Barzagli Rugani Evra
Khedira Marchisio Pogba
Tielemans Mandragora Sturaro/Asamoah
Oscar
Pereyra
Dybala Morata
Berardi Mandzukic/Zaza​

ADP.10

Jan 27, 2016
Both are benchplayers. Wich is testament to how great our bench is.
If Dybala isn't on the pitch we struggle to score without those "benchplayers". We could be a great team, instead we're a good team because of this 352. Put left-back and wingers instead of three fullbacks is what i say. I also like the three midfielders, but i mostly think we need actual left-back and wingers. In 433 we can have both.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
An assymetrical 4-3-3 worked for a while before dybala got proper in sync and mandzukic was out injured, so cuadrado's offensive impact was an improvement.

Currently, our 3-5-2 starters are performing SO much better as they were back then, that cuadrado became a bench player, and dybala has to be the SS. Therefore 4-3-3 is out of the window
with this players we can set different formations and subs in every game whenever need to use tactic based on the players available and in form. I'd love to see Allegri use dybala behind of forwards(morata-mandzu) and cuadrado and sandro on wings khedira is the variable(DM or CM) marchisio as Regista and pogba for free role he can push our forwards and would play more advance than marchisio and khedira with the characteristics of dybala and cuadrado we able to use a dynamic alternative that fits into our 3 5 2
cuadrado-khedira-marchisio-pogba-sandro
dybala-morata
bench mandzu or morata and just play to one of them
they also give us the option to play 4-3-1-2
cuadrado-Bonucci Chiellini Sandro
khedira-marchisio-pogba
dybala
mandzu-morata

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Dybala is an SS and needs to remain one. He can do his playmaking from there.

He is not a TQ, and we shouldnt use him there, because that would put a significant increase in defensive duties for the 3cm's.

- - - Updated - - -

Buffon
Neto
Lichtsteiner Bonucci Chiellini Sandro
Vrsaljko Caceres/Barzagli Rugani Evra
Khedira Marchisio Pogba
Tielemans Mandragora Sturaro/Asamoah
Oscar
Pereyra
Dybala Morata
Berardi Mandzukic/Zaza​
This for example, does work. Oscar puts in a significant workload, has his tactical guidelines, doesnt impact the offensive freedom of Pogba and Khedira, and allows Dybala to continue his job as SS.

At this point, i'm kinda wondering how Pereyra would do as an AM, considering the playmaking and ball retention that Dybala has developped. He's getting closer to Tevez levels of ball retention.

But at juventus, that AM is always going to have to do his pressing and tactical duties.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
If Dybala isn't on the pitch we struggle to score without those "benchplayers". We could be a great team, instead we're a good team because of this 352. Put left-back and wingers instead of three fullbacks is what i say. I also like the three midfielders, but i mostly think we need actual left-back and wingers. In 433 we can have both.
We won 11 in a row and our tactical setup is the problem. Priceless.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
We won 11 in a row and our tactical setup is the problem. Priceless.
I'm not understanding this irrational hate.

Conte won a 102 point season with its strict shape. One could argue about it looking like a grinder, but it got results.

Allegri moved back towards it after summer changes, and made it look pretty exciting and got that 11game winning streak. AND it was succesfull against big opponents in europe.
Furthermove, it gets the best out of out cb's, rugani, Sandro/Licht, our cm's, Dybala, and whatever foward with him. Only Cuadrado arguably a little less but then we see the inter game where he was ripping it up.

Yet the 352 isnt the best because when a good team like Roma parks the bus, we didnt tear it up. Wich was actually because we didnt have crossers on the wingbacks. Suggestions of 4312 when your opponent has in form Nainggolan.
They say you cannot counter with it, but we scored a great goal on our only counter we had.

But the 352 is somehow a problem ? No logic

But i understand this. People complaining, are people who want a fancy trequartista. They dont care about results, they just want that fancy player. They'll go as far as post formations with Pogba as trequartista, wich he isnt suited for.

The upside is that with our current performances, you can list those complaining about the formation, and use that list to realise who you cant take serious when discussing anything related to formations or tactics.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
I'm not understanding this irrational hate.

Conte won a 102 point season with its strict shape. One could argue about it looking like a grinder, but it got results.

Allegri moved back towards it after summer changes, and made it look pretty exciting and got that 11game winning streak. AND it was succesfull against big opponents in europe.
Furthermove, it gets the best out of out cb's, rugani, Sandro/Licht, our cm's, Dybala, and whatever foward with him. Only Cuadrado arguably a little less but then we see the inter game where he was ripping it up.

Yet the 352 isnt the best because when a good team like Roma parks the bus, we didnt tear it up. Wich was actually because we didnt have crossers on the wingbacks. Suggestions of 4312 when your opponent has in form Nainggolan.
They say you cannot counter with it, but we scored a great goal on our only counter we had.

But the 352 is somehow a problem ? No logic

But i understand this. People complaining, are people who want a fancy trequartista. They dont care about results, they just want that fancy player. They'll go as far as post formations with Pogba as trequartista, wich he isnt suited for.

The upside is that with our current performances, you can list those complaining about the formation, and use that list to realise who you cant take serious when discussing anything related to formations or tactics.
Do you ever read and consider or do u just run that mouth nonstop? People that complain dont care about winning? Wtf has serie a have to do with CL or did you not know there IS a difference? Using your own logic, people shouldnt consider reading this long diahreea you call a post. Don't generalize, understand the point THEN run your mouth, whether you agree or not is a different matter to discuss, that i can live with.

. You can't always count to be perfect and 3-5-2 leaves no room for error against very top sides..those wingbacks have to be just perfect, in attack and defense and be worls class really if not the whole system crumbles..
Conte also got his ass handed to him when he was undefeatrd in the league because be was not flexible, Bayern knew what we would do before we did it, plus they stretched our CBs ..spend 70-80M for two wingers and then talk about playing 3-5-2 in Europe no problem.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Do you ever read and consider or do u just run that mouth nonstop? People that complain dont care about winning? Wtf has serie a have to do with CL or did you not know there IS a difference? Using your own logic, people shouldnt consider reading this long diahreea you call a post. Don't generalize, understand the point THEN run your mouth, whether you agree or not is a different matter to discuss, that i can live with.

. You can't always count to be perfect and 3-5-2 leaves no room for error against very top sides..those wingbacks have to be just perfect, in attack and defense and be worls class really if not the whole system crumbles..
Conte also got his ass handed to him when he was undefeatrd in the league because be was not flexible, Bayern knew what we would do before we did it, plus they stretched our CBs ..spend 70-80M for two wingers and then talk about playing 3-5-2 in Europe no problem.
Not sure what this post is trying to do, apart from weak flawed arguments and a bad attempt at insulting.

There is quite a difference between Conte's 3-5-2 and the current 3-5-2. Conte was using a less flexible form, had zero ball retention up front, the gaping hole Pirlo, no danger from his flanks(especially with Pirlo neutralised), and a different defensive positionning, and it had no counterattacking.

Today we have strong pressing up front, quality and ball retention, wich it sorely lacked. With Marchisio we have a supporting cm instead of a regista, and the other two cm's arent as bound to the central one anymore. Sandro provides the archetypical dangerwingback, able to defend and attack, deliver crosses and shoot, while with the current cm's, lichtsteiner can still add to the offence from his flank regardless on how the midfield is marked. Our defensive positionning is deeper and better suited, allowing the cb's to cope better.

As a result, last season it was very succesfull in trashing Dortmund, and locking the door against real madrid for example. This season it has been excellent in every game we played againt an opponent that wants to attack. When we face a bunkering team, we now have a good crosser with Sandro and arguably Cuadrado, who adds alot of versatility and option to lichtsteiner. Coupled with forwards that are pretty good in the air aswel. Dybala and Pogba thrive in the freedom this formation allows them.

There currently is absolutely no good reason to complain about the formation. Not a single one. For the sake of even more options then we allready got, we could buy an AM if there is a good opportunity. But with Dybala's continious improvement in ball retention and distribution, and the considerable skill of mandzukic and especially morata in doing this aswel, we could very well use Pereyra like we did last year, as we are reaching about the same retention and distribution we had with tevez at this point soon.

No reason to hate on the formation. Its that simple.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Not sure what this post is trying to do, apart from weak flawed arguments and a bad attempt at insulting.

There is quite a difference between Conte's 3-5-2 and the current 3-5-2. Conte was using a less flexible form, had zero ball retention up front, the gaping hole Pirlo, no danger from his flanks(especially with Pirlo neutralised), and a different defensive positionning, and it had no counterattacking.

Today we have strong pressing up front, quality and ball retention, wich it sorely lacked. With Marchisio we have a supporting cm instead of a regista, and the other two cm's arent as bound to the central one anymore. Sandro provides the archetypical dangerwingback, able to defend and attack, deliver crosses and shoot, while with the current cm's, lichtsteiner can still add to the offence from his flank regardless on how the midfield is marked. Our defensive positionning is deeper and better suited, allowing the cb's to cope better.

As a result, last season it was very succesfull in trashing Dortmund, and locking the door against real madrid for example. This season it has been excellent in every game we played againt an opponent that wants to attack. When we face a bunkering team, we now have a good crosser with Sandro and arguably Cuadrado, who adds alot of versatility and option to lichtsteiner. Coupled with forwards that are pretty good in the air aswel. Dybala and Pogba thrive in the freedom this formation allows them.

There currently is absolutely no good reason to complain about the formation. Not a single one. For the sake of even more options then we allready got, we could buy an AM if there is a good opportunity. But with Dybala's continious improvement in ball retention and distribution, and the considerable skill of mandzukic and especially morata in doing this aswel, we could very well use Pereyra like we did last year, as we are reaching about the same retention and distribution we had with tevez at this point soon.

No reason to hate on the formation. Its that simple.
Ok you have some good points but again your posts lack focus. For example that little video you posted how to beat tiki with 352 makes zero sense as I already made clear before.
That's not how to beat 4-3-3 tiki with a 3-5-2...that's a specific game plan to beat a specific team, there's a difference. That's an Italy team whos strenghts play into Spain's weakness one of which is they are poor in the air and Italy was very disciplined to point of perfection..
Now I agree about Pirlo being a hole specially against teams like barca and Bayern which don't give you time on the ball.. and we definitely are better at passing up front no doubt..never had a problem with attacking prowess of this team with this system, my problem is the gaps and holes caused by this system soecially when we get re-countered...cuadrado out of position on wing means the cbs have to bear the pressure to compemsate for his ass..neither cuadrado or asamoah are good enough, against TOP sides. Not talking about buying players nor changing up formation in the league, not even saying we shouldn't use it in CL at all, I am saying that s team of this calibre has to be adaptive..also saying that we can NOT and will NOT win against certain teams like Bayern and barca and any team which press, they WILL overwhelm us. 3-5-2 against RM? Maybe. They give you time on the ball.
When u come out and generalize and say those who complain have no merit is assenine, read carefully next time or lets just ignore each other cuz I don't think u hit puberty yet

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
But we always knew 352 could grind out results in Serie A. The question is Europe. If it is successful, fine. But it's record isn't that good.
This is very true, listen to the man. IMO we'll fail if we play both Licht and Evra as wingbacks, we simply have seen it before. The wingbacks have to be able to attack (or at least counter attack), otherwise our front line will be cut off. Pogba won't be enough to do something offensively.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
This is very true, listen to the man. IMO we'll fail if we play both Licht and Evra as wingbacks, we simply have seen it before. The wingbacks have to be able to attack (or at least counter attack), otherwise our front line will be cut off. Pogba won't be enough to do something offensively.
we rarely do it this season

Jun 6, 2015
Without the form that Dybala is showing I would be 99% sure that Allegri would play the same formation we used against City in the Bayern game. When we last faced them they just destroyed us on the wings by overloading there and will probably try to do the same this time out. We'll see what Allegri does soon and I'm sure he knows the best.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
for bayern game 3-5-2 t give us a better chance of controlling possession Lichsteiner and sandro allows them to push forward bayern' forwards are ready and their best form but they are they STILL weak in defense we can take advantage on the counter attack.
lich'crosses are becoming better. but cuadrado can play for that spot and enough creativity he brings with all his mean lich will most likely be as wing for bayern game and cuadrado would be a sub for second half
buffon
barzagli leo chiellini
Lich khedira marchisio pogba sandro
mandzu dybala

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)