Tactics and Formations (25 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Zach, your weewee is going to shrink to well-nigh invisible status when you see us playing 4 at the back as our main formation this season. Emasculation shall occur, testosterone production will scale back and your balls will reduce to the size of raisins, estrogen production shall run rampant, and your emotions and boobs grow out of control. You'll become a peasant wench...

All this because you clung desperately to the outdated notion of a 3-5-2.
I dont. I only care about formations that work with the players we got.
I'm totally fine with a 4back line and actually prefer it.

If we dont get an AM, we will play it alot this season.

Oh, and "outdated" ?

102 points in serie a.
Holland nearly got into the semi finals with it, ripping argentina (you know, they have a 433 and wingers :tuttosport: ) and beeing unlucky to miss their chances while argentina had none and crash out with penalties

Its not outdated

Buy on AliExpress.com

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
When we play 3-5-2 we need to have all our midfield in attack to create something. Counterattack is almost a chimera because we always are short in numbers. Even barsa and Guardiola we-love-control-ball understood they need to counterattack properly in some point.

We.can play 4-3-3 with Cuadrado and just change to a 3-5-2 when we need to secure a game with a 2+ difference

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
All these futile attempts on 4-3-3

While we all know its 3-5-2 with cuadrado and sandro if we dont get an AM :)
Then why are we after an AM?

- - - Updated - - -

"the gaping hole" :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

And please "chiellini playmaking", please stop making such a big fool out of yourselves. Chiellini is not playmaking. He collects the ball, and gives short simple passes to bonucci or a midfielder, and once per games makes a forward run. Thats it.

Insane playmaking bro :rofl: :rofl: 10/10 :D

Bonucci does a bit of it currently while Marchisio and Khedira are out.

Seriously, two years of bitching like a menstruating femnazi about how 3-5-2 is "not getting the best out of pirlo", "while 4-3-3 is", and now suddenly "pirlo made the 3-5-2 work"

:rofl: :rofl:

these people and their silly idea they know a shit about tactics

Cmon trequartista. I expect this crap from the amurican, but not you.
Any formation which requires your least intelligent defender (and player in our squad) to have that much time on the ball is a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Second season under conte, ALOT of people including yourself, were moaning about how 3-5-2 is a static formation, and Pirlo was alot less cause he had no players that made runs behind the defence to play to, except a few lichtsteiners.

Oh HOW many times we heard that. 3-5-2 was evil, devilspawn ! Boring ! Not good for Pirlo !

But now that it suits the cause, suddenly 3-5-2 was excellent for pirlo, so you can say its not good anymore :rofl: :rofl:

Damn these kids :D :rofl:
I bet you everything that you haven't yet seen a single second of Alex Sandro's play, yet all of a sudden he's our saviour to the 3-5-2. You're a hypocrite.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Second season under conte, ALOT of people including yourself, were moaning about how 3-5-2 is a static formation, and Pirlo was alot less cause he had no players that made runs behind the defence to play to, except a few lichtsteiners.

Oh HOW many times we heard that. 3-5-2 was evil, devilspawn ! Boring ! Not good for Pirlo !

But now that it suits the cause, suddenly 3-5-2 was excellent for pirlo, so you can say its not good anymore :rofl: :rofl:

Damn these kids :D :rofl:
As the person that defended the 3-5-2 the most on this forum I do not recall anyone complaining about Pirlo's role in the 3-5-2. The 4-3-3 advocates wanted wingers and moving away from Pirlo dependency.

The criticism was that it was too Pirlo dependent and we become impotent once he is taken out of the game. Conte's 3-5-2 was built around Pirlo. Almost everyone recognized that including yourself. Even last season the common notion was that Pirlo is not at his best in the 4-3-1-2 and that 3-5-2 is the only formation that can play to his strengths at this age.

I dont think we should play that formation in the absence of a genius like Pirlo pulling the strings.

FuriaCeca

Jun 2, 2014
I think we can play 3-4-1-2 of sorts if we get Draxler or another TQ. Something like this:

Barza - Bonnu - Chielli

Cuadrado - Pogba - Marchisio - Sandro

Draxler

Dybala - Morata

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
And please "chiellini playmaking", please stop making such a big fool out of yourselves. Chiellini is not playmaking. He collects the ball, and gives short simple passes to bonucci or a midfielder, and once per games makes a forward run. Thats it.

Insane playmaking bro :rofl: :rofl: 10/10 :D

Bonucci does a bit of it currently while Marchisio and Khedira are out.

Seriously, two years of bitching like a menstruating femnazi about how 3-5-2 is "not getting the best out of pirlo", "while 4-3-3 is", and now suddenly "pirlo made the 3-5-2 work"

these people and their silly idea they know a shit about tactics

Cmon trequartista. I expect this crap from the amurican, but not you.

Actually I do think Chiellini on the ball is a problem. You'll see that many of our attacks have to start from him and that our opposition won't pressure him when he has the ball, because they know that's where our weakness lies.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
As the person that defended the 3-5-2 the most on this forum I do not recall anyone complaining about Pirlo's role in the 3-5-2. The 4-3-3 advocates wanted wingers and moving away from Pirlo dependency.

The criticism was that it was too Pirlo dependent and we become impotent once he is taken out of the game. Conte's 3-5-2 was built around Pirlo. Almost everyone recognized that including yourself. Even last season the common notion was that Pirlo is not at his best in the 4-3-1-2 and that 3-5-2 is the only formation that can play to his strengths at this age.

I dont think we should play that formation in the absence of a genius like Pirlo pulling the strings.
:tup:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Then why are we after an AM?

- - - Updated - - -

"the gaping hole" :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

Any formation which requires your least intelligent defender (and player in our squad) to have that much time on the ball is a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

I bet you everything that you haven't yet seen a single second of Alex Sandro's play, yet all of a sudden he's our saviour to the 3-5-2. You're a hypocrite.
Apparently, of all the matches to choose from in the CL, Zach chose to watch every single one of Porto's CL matches. Or so he claimed... :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

No one complained about Pirlo in the 3-5-2. It was the only formation that suited him at this stage of his career.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
why are we referring back to the Conte era and the amount of points we gathered under him in that season using the 3-5-2?? It was a disaster in the CL...we got eaten alive by any team that played with attacking wingers and 4 at the back. Plus we dont have pirlo to pull the strings from midfield and we lost our warrior in Vidal who used to push forward and offer us goals. We dont have Vidal anymore either. And dont even get me started with Cuadrado as the RWB facing Real, Barca or Bayern....come on,this is joke...thought we moved on from this formation after clearly succeeding with the 4 at the back move.

as for the formation...4-3-something is what needs to be deployed and if draxler does not arrive then just play cuadrado and dybala wide with morata as the CF. it has pace and creativity and with all that has been lost with vidal and pirlo (prior to last season) is made up in that final third. That is how the best teams over the past few years have had CL success. As for Serie A, i don't believe this wouldn't still win us the scudetto.

The only position that concerns is that last spot in midfield. Can Khedira return and stay fit? Can Sturaro step up and make it is own? Can Pereyra do the job? Last ut not least, can Asamoah return and stay fit to take on that role?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Apparently, of all the matches to choose from in the CL, Zach chose to watch every single one of Porto's CL matches. Or so he claimed... :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

No one complained about Pirlo in the 3-5-2. It was the only formation that suited him at this stage of his career.
Not every one, i missed 2

And "no one complained about Pirlo" ? What ?? Please stop making up shit :D

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Assuming Draxler will be joining us, we'll probably see all three of the formations below with the back-4 ones being the primary systems of course. 352 is used when we need more defensive oomph and when we have injuries.

Buffon
Lichtsteiner Bonucci Barzagli Alex Sandro
Khedira Marchisio Pogba
Draxler
Dybala Morata

Buffon
Lichtsteiner Bonucci Chiellini Alex Sandro
Pogba Marchisio Asamoah
Dybala --- Morata --- Draxler
(Cuadrado)----------------------

Buffon
Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini
Cuadrado Khedira Marchisio Pogba A.Sandro
Dybala Morata​

352 looks sexy all of a sudden with these two WBs.

After Draxler, ideally, we'd still need another CM. Otherwise, the XIs look good as does the bench.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)