Tactics and Formations 09/2010 (124 Viewers)

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
ok grygera is not the best RB especially when he comes forward,but zebina in his handfull appearances show that he has some flair and pace am i right?ok the are not as good as maicon or daniel alves but its still possible that we will sign a new RB...molinaro has pace too but his intelligence sucks...De Ceglie is the only one close to what we call "wing back" and Criscito despite starting his carreer as CB proved that he is more than solid as LB this season.so with a new RB able to attack i see no problem to use the 4-3-1-2 formation.
the bad thing is that DC most probably will join Udinese and Molinaro could be possibly our starting LB...

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
ok grygera is not the best RB especially when he comes forward,but zebina in his handfull appearances show that he has some flair and pace am i right?ok the are not as good as maicon or daniel alves but its still possible that we will sign a new RB...molinaro has pace too but his intelligence sucks...De Ceglie is the only one close to what we call "wing back" and Criscito despite starting his carreer as CB proved that he is more than solid as LB this season.so with a new RB able to attack i see no problem to use the 4-3-1-2 formation.
the bad thing is that DC most probably will join Udinese and Molinaro could be possibly our starting LB...
Zebina is not that good at defending. though i have to agree that he do has flair when attacking. yea i really hope that we will purchase a good right back and also get the left-back problem sorted out. We have been hindered by grygera and molinaro for the whole season. Everytime grygera crosses the ball, there is a 50-50 chance of it ending in the stands, and the other 40 is directed at the opponents. And for molinaro, his technique is really not up to standard, although we can see improvement towards the end of the season.

But seriously, if we wanna improve, we should not be satisfied with grygera hahaha..... he would not even b on the bench if he is playing for teams like barca, man utd or chelsea

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
haha now that u said it, yea he is decent hahaha...can't really pinpoint any mistakes he made when he was playing as RB....nice observations...
i mentioned him because people here say we need attacking fullbacks for a 4-3-1-2 and both Salihamidzic and DC can play this role.ok,he is not the best available solution but the fact that we wont play 4-4-2 makes him and Marchionni look useless,Marchionni should be sold without doubts and as Camo can play MRC then Salihamidzic can be one of our RB options...
between grygera and salihamidzic as RBs...hm...i prefer the 2nd

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I can't even begin to contemplate starting the new season with Zebina and Grygera as our options for RB, and Molinaro and Sali as our saviors on the left :eek: :scared: :shocked:

I am sure the board will focus more on defense once we have wrapped up the D'Agostino deal. Get Criscito back (please), buy a quality RB, and we are set for next season. That way, when the 2010-2011 season comes around we can focus on a quality central defender to partner Chiellini, a Camo replacement, and possibly a new target man.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
yes, once the whole d'agostino falls through (if ever), we desperately need a new RB.
we need one, I agree but somehow I doubt we will get one. With Zebina, Grygera and possibly Mellberg, I think the board already believe we are well- covered.
I hope I'm wrong about this.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
With what we know right now (according to Ciro's ideas) and the current players we have (I'm not including players that haven't signed yet) I would like to go for something like this.

-----------------Buffon
Zebina-Legrottaglie-Chiellini-Molinaro
-------Zanetti-Sissoko-Marchisio
------------------Diego
----------Del Piero-Trezeguet

Subs: Manninger, Cannavaro, Grygera, Camoranesi, Giovinco, Amauri, Iaquinta

Realistically however, one of Gio, Iaq or Amauri will have to make room for a (D)MC.

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
With what we know right now (according to Ciro's ideas) and the current players we have (I'm not including players that haven't signed yet) I would like to go for something like this.

-----------------Buffon
Zebina-Legrottaglie-Chiellini-Molinaro
-------Zanetti-Sissoko-Marchisio
------------------Diego
----------Del Piero-Trezeguet

Subs: Manninger, Cannavaro, Grygera, Camoranesi, Giovinco, Amauri, Iaquinta

Realistically however, one of Gio, Iaq or Amauri will have to make room for a (D)MC.
I don't think Molinaro will survive till next season :D and Cannavaro won't be a sub.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I would be very surprised if Molinaro is not our starting LB next season.
Canna on the bench is how I would start, but I do realize that he is probably going to be a starter.

Tacca03

May 24, 2003
Guys,

4-3-1-2 won't work with the squad we have. To play 4-3-1-2 we'll need the full backs to come forward to provide some width. No width = no options = no passing and movement.

At the same time, we also need to have good centre backs to provide cover when the full backs go forward.

As of now, we lack both.

javi_berti

May 1, 2005
i'd say we're getting there. with criscito who played on the left in 3-4-3 and zebina we have some pushing fullbacks. apart from his mental outbursts zebina is a quality right back.

we have no quality centerbacks?

chiellini, legrottaglie, cannavaro

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I can't even begin to contemplate starting the new season with Zebina and Grygera as our options for RB, and Molinaro and Sali as our saviors on the left :eek: :scared: :shocked:

I am sure the board will focus more on defense once we have wrapped up the D'Agostino deal.
They should set this as our priority from the very beginning, there is no reason why D'ago's transfer have jumped ahead of it! They have been skipping this need for 3 years and they might do it again!! Esp if we deplete our transfer funds with Dagostinos/Poulsens etc...

ok grygera is not the best RB especially when he comes forward,but zebina in his handfull appearances show that he has some flair and pace am i right?
Zebina may have the skills, but his age will soon start to be an issue and prevents him to make runs as before.
And above all, he is a liability, he is very inconsistent at his best and far too injury prone to consider him as a reliable solution for a starter place!
He is bound to lose again a large part of the season, we could afford that if we had a great back up, but we only have Grygera...
One of them should be off loaded and replaced!

Now thats a major mistake by our management, in the best case scenario, we get Criscito and we keep Molinaro as a starter/sub. Point is that they are both defensive minded LBs and they cant give that extra smth DC could give, tactically... Offloading him instead of Molinaro is both a tactical mistake for that reason and a strategical mistake, due to his potential, to become a far better player, who could become useful to a competitive team, or at least produce more funds from a future transfer!

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Zebina? The same Zebina that is always injured and 90% of the season sucks ass? C'mon guys Zebina shouldn't even be playing for Juventus.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #159
    So far, this would be my lineup

Buffon

Zebina - Chiellini - Cannavaro - De Ceglie

Camoranesi - Sissoko - Marchisio

Diego​

Iaquinta - Del Piero (C)​

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
    Jun 2, 2007
    If d'agostino really does come through then i can see Juve using a similar formation to that of milan when they used 4-3-1-2 with d'ago being the pirlo and diego the kaka,which i thought was one of the strongest team especially in the 2005,they were very strong in serie a too,especially their away form,i remember them only losing 2 or 3 games away in the 2004-2005 season,which i believe have been juve's weakness the last couple of seasons,away form is just not good enough..so if juve does use this formation i think juve can perform better with the players we have although that milan team was pretty strong,and were at their prime..i would use camo-momo with d'agostino behind them,and diego behind the 2 strikers..this could really be a good formation,and provide entertaining but still strong display,however this formation would need great fullbacks,milan used maldini and cafu,if criscito can come back and juve get someone like zuniga or srna then i would bet juve to lift the scudetto and have a really strong campaign in the CL..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 122)