Tactics and Formations 09/2010 (3 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
traitors!!! blasphemy!!! Gio "could" have been our miracle this season...but we will never know now thanks to the old man.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Criscito and a right back should be our top priorities from now until we achieve them before the transfer window closes. If something happens afterwards in the shape of fine tuning then I'm ok with it.
Absolutely. There should really be zero doubt - this has to be the priority

Not all the attaking midfielders necessarily have to track back in a 4-2-3-1.

A reasonable balance can be mainted with only two of them tracking back at any given time.

You are right, though, it certainly isn't Giovinco's ideal position.
His ideal position is definitely, from what I've seen (which includes a solid chunk of Azzurrini games), that left forward slot of the 4-3-3.

I think that if we grab Criscito and a quality RB, we'll definitely have excellent pieces for 3 or 4 formations. I really enjoyed the way Ciro switched things up in the second half of the Siena match... hope he keeps it flexible.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I think 4-3-2-1 suits Giovinco best, with him one of the two attacking midfielders.
Good stuff, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Alongside Diego, or Ale, that would be deadly. Not sure if I like him as much behind the forwards in the 4-3-1-2, but with a little extra support, I think he could really shine in that 4-3-2-1.

Seriously though, for this team on the whole, If we fix those fullback slots we have the personality to really shift around - depending on whose injured, on form, etc.

Since I read the news about Ciro (about 8 hours ago), I've been ridiculously excited to see what happens next... hit that Defense, Ciro.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I think in reality we will play with our best player and the formation can be change in the game depend on situation.

4-3-1-2 --> 4-2-3-1 -- > 4-3-2-1 or 4-4-1-1

-------------Buffon-------------------

Zebina Cannavaro Chiellini Criscito

--------Sissoko----Marchisio---------

Camoranesi-----------------Giovinco

----------------Diego-------------------

---------------Amauri------------------

This formation can be easily to change like this in game
Camoranesi go more center to the midfield and giovinco play more
attacking alongside Diego

--Camoranesi--Sissoko--Marchisio--

--------Diego---------Giovinco-------

Or to be 4-2-3-1 with Camoranesi and Giovinco more attacking from left and right side.

Or 4-3-1-2 with Giovinco more forward than Diego.(not alongsid amauri - but a slight between amauri and diego)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think in reality we will play with our best player and the formation can be change in the game depend on situation.

4-3-1-2 --> 4-2-3-1 -- > 4-3-2-1 or extremely 4-4-1-1

--------Sissoko----Marchisio---------

Camoranesi-----------------Giovinco

----------------Diego-------------------

Great formation.

Sell Del Piero. :tup:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
lol its funny how letsbrushurteeth go nuts everytime someone leave del piero out of a formation.

Not criticizing or anything but its funny anyways XD

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's not like I'm saying start Del Piero every single match no matter how he plays. I'm just saying that he's our captain, our leading scorer these past few years, and that he's going to be playing when we start the new campaign. Everyone knows he's going to be starting, so why keep him out of formations? He's going to be playing no matter what, you know.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Not only that, but he's going to be wining us matches like he does usually, and then we'll see where the people that wanted the team to "move on" and drop Del Piero will go.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
its the same thing that happens every year, the doubters come and go but the legend that is alex del piero remains.

Juventine

Little Witch
Jul 11, 2008
Fuck, this 4-3-1-2 makes me really mad. It is going to destroy so much. No Giovinco, no Camo, no width, nothing. I was really looking forward to see Giovinco grow out to become this amazing player next season but with the boring italian 4-3-1-2 obviously that won't happen. I would rather sacrifice a clumsy striker with a more creative Giovinco. I mean, for example, when Trezeguet play and doesnt score its like we are one man short on the field.
I think as long as Ciro doesn't play two center strikers together like Ranieri did, (i.e. Iaquint+Trezequet, Amauri+Iaquinta, Trezeguet+Iaquinta or etc) which is really dull, Giovinco will get more opportunities. My idea is Giovinco, Diego and Del Piero rotating the two positions behind one center striker. If DP plays, 4-3-1-2, with Giovinco we can switch to 4-3-2-1.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
yeh, as far as he stays playing this way...he will continue starting... at least until he admits he is sucking and cannot play anymore XD.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I am not add Del Piero in that formation because I want to show how that formation can be change in the game. with Giovinco we can play any formation more flexible.

Because with Del Piero the only option is 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-2-1
with Del Piero Up Front or as second striker alongside Diego.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Ferrara said we will probably start out with a 4-3-1-2, which in my opinion is the best formation to start out a game. We can easily alter it to 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1 during the course of the game, depending on the result and stamina of certain players.

My main concern is not fielding Giovinco, but whether the kid is actually going to be here next season, with all these rumours about him going on a co-ownership deal to Udinese in exchange for D'Agostino :wallbang: Quite disturbing and unsettling realy, simply because he can take the role of both Diego and Del Piero, which makes him an ace up our sleeves ;)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
And the guy doesn't even understand that we can field Camoranesi on the right and he can move up on the flank like he did under Lippi.

The only concerns we should have is that we need to get Criscito back and sign an equally skilled in both areas of the game RB.

If we do, then we don't have to worry about anything because this team would be perfect for the 4-3-1-2. Absolutely perfect.
:agree:
I think 4-3-2-1 suits Giovinco best, with him one of the two attacking midfielders.
And the 4-2-3-1 as he can go a bit wide and his speed/acceleration in open spaces.
But he is a versatile player, that can cover many roles in similar formations and he is young enough to adapt in new role!
If he can play as LM, in a 4-4-2, than he can easily play in those formations!
Ferrara said we will probably start out with a 4-3-1-2, which in my opinion is the best formation to start out a game. We can easily alter it to 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1 during the course of the game, depending on the result and stamina of certain players.

My main concern is not fielding Giovinco, but whether the kid is actually going to be here next season, with all these rumours about him going on a co-ownership deal to Udinese in exchange for D'Agostino :wallbang: Quite disturbing and unsettling realy, simply because he can take the role of both Diego and Del Piero, which makes him an ace up our sleeves ;)
Ferrara said that he will not build the team on Diego, but that he will become an important part of the team's gameplay. However, in case he gets injured/suspended, we got to have a plan B.
I believe that plan B will be Giovinco and alternative formation that will use Giovinco as a basic part of its composition!

Of course, that doesnt excludes the possibility of fielding a formation, able to use both of them. Giovinco can also be used for DP, doesnt he?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)