Tactics and Formations 09/2010 (3 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Suns, I consider what is best for Juve; not what is best for Giovinco, though the two things can coincide.

4-2-3-1 is not a system that suits Juve's current squad right now.
I think giving Giovinco the chance to shine is the best thing that could happen to us. I mean, we are talking about Giovinco now and not some random talent, he is extremely talanted and we all know that.

I dont even think 4-3-1-2 suits Juventus. It is a dull formation with no width and way to many defensive midfielders.

And why doesnt 4-2-3-1 suit Juventus?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think giving Giovinco the chance to shine is the best thing that could happen to us. I mean, we are talking about Giovinco now and not some random talent, he is extremely talanted and we all know that.

I dont even think 4-3-1-2 suits Juventus. It is a dull formation with no width and way to many defensive midfielders.

Because we have lots of good central midfielders and lots of good strikers, but not many attacking midfielders.

Formations are only as attacking or defensive as the coach/players choose to make it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

I'm not sure you really understand the 4-3-1-2.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005

Mate let the preseason begin before believing that Giovinco wont play.

Ferrara knows well about Giovinco talent im sure about it...You know if Giovinco is one of 15-16 players who Ferrara is counting on then he will get plenty of playingtime. The season is long..

Players like Marchionni haved played alot in this team.. If Giovinco gets his role.. then he will be ok.. We can also give him Brazzos playing time :lol:.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'm not sure you really understand the 4-3-1-2.
The 4-3-1-2 with the players that we have and might acquire is delicious, these 3 guys in the second line are skilful box-to-box midfielders, to an extent all of the ones that we own.

I know I will be criticized on that but hell even Tiago would do good in such a formation.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The 4-3-1-2 with the players that we have and might acquire is delicious, these 3 guys in the second line are skilful box-to-box midfielders, to an extent all of the ones that we own.

I know I will be criticized on that but hell even Tiago would do good in such a formation.
And the guy doesn't even understand that we can field Camoranesi on the right and he can move up on the flank like he did under Lippi.

The only concerns we should have is that we need to get Criscito back and sign an equally skilled in both areas of the game RB.

If we do, then we don't have to worry about anything because this team would be perfect for the 4-3-1-2. Absolutely perfect.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Last season, one of the things we lacked was speed. Next season, we wont have one of our fastest players Nedved(36 year old Nedved, says it all really) on the team and instead of him we are going to have D'Agostino whos actually really slow from what I've heard.

Uh, I have a really bad feeling about this formation but I really hope im wrong.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Criscito and a right back should be our top priorities from now until we achieve them before the transfer window closes. If something happens afterwards in the shape of fine tuning then I'm ok with it.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Because we have lots of good central midfielders and lots of good strikers, but not many attacking midfielders.
Really? We do? Central midfielders? So you think Tiago, Zanetti and Poulsen are so good that you wouldn't change the formation just for them?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Last season, one of the things we lacked was speed. Next season, we wont have one of our fastest players Nedved(36 year old Nedved, says it all really) on the team and instead of him we are going to have D'Agostino whos actually really slow from what I've heard.

Uh, I have a really bad feeling about this formation but I really hope im wrong.
Keep worrying then. Marchisio, Sissoko, Camo, Molinaro, Diego, Iaquinta et cetera are all slow pokes. We'll be lucky to achieve a Champions League spot.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Criscito and a right back should be our top priorities from now until we achieve them before the transfer window closes. If something happens afterwards in the shape of fine tuning then I'm ok with it.
Hey Jack, what is that "supporter of KDE" thing in your sig? How did you do that?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

It's quite a while since Nedved was one of our fastest players.

Really? We do? Central midfielders? So you think Tiago, Zanetti and Poulsen are so good that you wouldn't change the formation just for them?
Zanetti and Poulsen are very good players.

It would be very difficult and very foolish to try to totally revamp the squad at this point. It is hard enough going from 4-4-2 to 4-3-1-2 as we are, without changing direction again.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
For interest sake, have we ever even played a lone striker formation pre-Capello?
I don't think we have regularly played with one forward since before Lippi's first spell.

I don't know about before that.

I think in the mid-eighties we played Platini behind a lone striker, but I may be wrong about that.

juventino12

Jan 20, 2007
why do you guys put giovinco down as a winger when he said that he is not a winger. he said that he is a support striker / treq. he said he's not made to run like nedved does. the 4-2-3-1 requires the wingers to run back and help the full-backs..giovinco is not made for that.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Not all the attaking midfielders necessarily have to track back in a 4-2-3-1.

A reasonable balance can be mainted with only two of them tracking back at any given time.

You are right, though, it certainly isn't Giovinco's ideal position.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
So you think its ok to put a 23 year old Giovinco on the bench next year also? And please don't tell me stuff like the season is long bla bla bla. We all know, as long as Diego performs and is fit he is always going to play, both in the CL and the league. If Giovinco get to play in the cup it wont be enough cuz there is so few matches to play there.

Giovinco would be stupid not to leave. He is to good for this crap.
why do you care if Giovinco plays or not? Are you a Giovinco fan or a Juve fan? (I am not attacking you, just asking)

I honestly couldn't care less if Giovinco plays or not as long the team is performing well.

pavelnedy

Juvetus Lover
Oct 26, 2008
Don't attach to formation like 442 or 4231.You remember the match with Bologna?CR started match with 4-4-2 formation and put him as a winger,but he didn't play like winger actually.He dribbles into center or 2on1 pass to others.He didn't dribble sideline and crossed the ball!!Put gio as a winger isn't like put the beckham or vicente.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)