Tactics and Formations 09/2010 (7 Viewers)

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #22
    We should better just wait and see what happens in our transfer market first.
    So far it is kind of disappointing.
    Our main issue for the past 3 years has once more been ignored.

Our five year plan seems to have been scrapped.
    I would only like to see us minimizing damages...

It seems that our transfer activities will be concluded with the sale of Treze and the acquisition of a new forward...

Just like we did with CR, our new coach was consulted first...
    I'm very satisfied with Diego and D'Ago transfer so far. But all in all I agree we still need to improve, specially defensively.

We still have time. Btw, with Ciro in charge I see us having tough defense line and an organized one.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Hopefully Ciro will demand some better material for our defense,
    but i doubt that our board will improve any funds for that department...

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    ----------Zuniga-----Cannavaro-----Chiellini-----Criscito

---------------Sissoko------------Marchisio

Camoranesi---------Diego-------------Giovinco

-----------------------Amauri

Giovinco is our left wing attack with Criscito staying at home. Camoranesi and Zuniga handle the right like Cam and Zambrotta used to. Sissoko and Marchisio destroy and pass the ball to Diego and Cam. Simple!

Or we can do this for some games:

Zuniga ----------- Canna -------- Chiellini ------- Criscito

----------Momo ------ D'Ago ---------- Marchisio

-----------------------Diego

--------------------Amauri Del Piero

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    ----------Zuniga-----Cannavaro-----Chiellini-----Criscito

---------------Sissoko------------Marchisio

Camoranesi---------Diego-------------Giovinco

-----------------------Amauri
    ATM, this is the worst and most unrealistic formation we can field.
    Firstly, it relies on two wingbacks we dont have, to work.
    And secondly it does not calculates our current material and makes the optimal use of them.

Lets say we are offloading Almiron, Tiago and Treze, they are likely to go, no one wants them and they wont fit there anyway.

The Sissoko- Marchisio duo sound good, but it is most likely to be a 2 DM duo,
    because the 3 midfielders upfront will be mostly used as offensive units.
    That would mean that Poulsen or CZ are most likely to start in front of Marchisio.
    Adding Dagostino to the mix and the fact that Marchisio is highly unlikely to play in the front line, we might as well loan him out...

In the event of Sissoko's injury/suspension, we dont have a hardcore DM to add his dynamic play and defensive solidarity.
    Normally, we should have two real DMs and 2 sub DMs. But we only have Sissoko... A Marchisio-Poulsen duo, has been proved inefficient defensively.
    And that Canna there, is not the old Canna we used to have.
    It is a 36 year old and slow Canna...
    We will need that extra coverage, as much as we need it now, when fielding Legro.

As for the Camo-Diego-Giovinco line, its totally unrealistic!!
    3 AMFs, is the only thing we have, who is going to replace them, if just one of them gets injures suspended?? We need 3 subs for that and we only have Dagostino. (unless we consider Marchionni and Tiago too)
    Camo, Gio and Marchionni can play wide, but Dagostino and Tiago cant! (neither Marchisio/CZ there)

This formation would need at least two more subber AMFs there and a high probability of using Marchionni.

And finally, the lone forward. Amauri is really suited for that position!
    But, we have at least 2-3 more forwards standing on the bench
    (if we sell Treze we are probably buying another one)
    And they are far too expensive to afford that!

Ciro will not permanently bench DP and DP cant play wide there, neither as a target-man...

I think we are setting up our team for a 4-3-1-2

We will need 4 starter defenders and 4 subs
    2 DMs and 4 CMs
    2 AMFs/CAMs and
    4 strikers

Grygera(Zebina) Canna (Mellberg) Chiellini(Legro) Molinaro(DC)

Camo(Marchionni/Tiago) Sissoko(Poulsen/CZ) Dagostino (Marchisio/Almiron)

Diego (Giovinco)

Amauri (Treze/Iaq) DP (Iaq/new SS/Giovinco)

This is how our team looks atm...

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
    As long as we stay away from the 4-4-2 next season I'm happy enough. a 4-3-1-2 or a 4-3-2-1 gives us better flexibility and with the players we're signing a 4-4-2 wouldn't work.

a new Rb is without doubt needed.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    People get so bogged down with a system or style of play that it becomes detrimental to the team. Saying that one striker is better than fielding two without providing any details about the strikeforce itself is very problematic, especially considering strikers such as Trezeguet and to an extent Amauri thrive when having a partner. Then when your captain is Del Piero, your leading point getter over the years, such a thought process becomes a clear case of insanity.

Moreover, it would be in our best interest to not be set on one particular formation and style of play. What we need to do is break out of the one-dimensional approach to the game we've taken for five years and develop a team that can adapt to certain situations. Thankfully, we've already taken a step in doing so by purchasing a player who can provide more ideas in attack, but now it's up to the coach to make sure we find a decent working formation while not being afraid to change it when necessary.

This is something Ranieri didn't do because he's a coward. All he did was ride the pant legs of Capello's Juve, so lets hope that Ferrara decides to implant his own views for the team.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    4-3-1-2 with the players we have right now or on loan/co-own

Buffon
    Zebina-Cannavaro-Chiellini-Criscito
    Camoranesi-Sissoko-Marchisio
    Diego
    Iaquinta-Del Piero(just for Rab)​

even with D'Agostino in the team I'd play this formation. He'd take Camo's place when needed in the middle of Momo and Marchisio/Zanetti.

Since Zebina is always injured, we need a new RB. Motta, Lichtsteiner, Miguel, Rafinha, Corluka, Zuniga, Zambelli...are good choices.

I hope Genoa don't disturb us and let Criscito go.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    People get so bogged down with a system or style of play that it becomes detrimental to the team. Saying that one striker is better than fielding two without providing any details about the strikeforce itself is very problematic, especially considering strikers such as Trezeguet and to an extent Amauri thrive when having a partner. Then when your captain is Del Piero, your leading point getter over the years, such a thought process becomes a clear case of insanity.

Moreover, it would be in our best interest to not be set on one particular formation and style of play. What we need to do is break out of the one-dimensional approach to the game we've taken for five years and develop a team that can adapt to certain situations. Thankfully, we've already taken a step in doing so by purchasing a player who can provide more ideas in attack, but now it's up to the coach to make sure we find a decent working formation while not being afraid to change it when necessary.

This is something Ranieri didn't do because he's a coward. All he did was ride the pant legs of Capello's Juve, so lets hope that Ferrara decides to implant his own views for the team.
    very well said i completely agree :tup:

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
    I found this formation on a Norwegian Juve forum today:

Buffon
    Backline
    Camoranesi D'Agostino Giovinco
    Diego
    Del Piero Amauri​

The guy was serious.

juventino12

Jan 20, 2007
    christmas tree:

-------------------buffon
    zebina - cannavaro - chiellini - grosso
    -----d'agostino - sissoko - marchisio
    ---------------diego - giovinco
    ------------------iaquinta

------------------manninger
    grygera - mellberg - legrottaglie - de ceglie
    ------------tiago - poulsen - zanetti
    ----------------camo - del piero
    --------------------amauri

i think juve needs a better starting RB but they're not really linked too seriously with anybody so that's why i left zebina there.

i think it's pretty crucial that both diego and giovinco start. that will ensure that the targetman will get the service he needs.

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    That's the modern football. Less big clumsy strikers and more fast attacking midfielders/wingers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)