Tactics and Formations 09/2010 (95 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Its better, but we dont have the right tools...
Of course we can play 4-2-3-1. We have two great wingers in Camo and Giovinco, a great playmaker in Diego and Sissoko and Marchisio/D'Ago as defensive midfielders. This is the new football, we should adapt. It's not like boring italian football is doing anybody any good today.

Look at the best teams in CL these past years, all teams play with one striker. Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool play the 4-2-3-1 formation while Barcelona play 4-3-3.

More attacking midfielders/wingers and less clumsy strikers..

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Barca and Chelsea play 4-3-3.

Man Utd usually play with two forwards.

Milan and Liverpool do play with just one striker.
Yeah but Messi and Henry play as wingers for Barca while Anelka and Malouda also play on the flanks, they are not typical strikers like Etoo, Iaquinta, Amauri, Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic etc etc who works inside the penelty box.

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
Yeah but Messi and Henry play as wingers for Barca while Anelka and Malouda also play on the flanks, they are not typical strikers like Etoo, Iaquinta, Amauri, Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic etc etc who works inside the penelty box.
Spot on IMO!..
Drogba is the only real striker!.. I see the Chelsea formation more of a 4-5-1 then 4-3-3 ! While Barca play much more attacking and do play a real 4-3-3 where Henry and Messi are higher up the field then Anelka and Malouda..

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
4-3-1-2

Buffon
Zebina - Cannavaro - Chiellini - Criscito
Camoranesi - Sissoko - Marchisio
Diego
Amauri - Del Piero

4-2-3-1

Buffon
Zebina - Cannavaro - Chiellini - Criscito
Sissoko - Marchisio
Camoranesi - Diego - Giovinco
Amauri

And Yes the 4-2-3-1 would work IMO!. As its no problem switching to a 4-3-1-2 with Camo going back and Giovinco moving up aside Amauri!..
And it could even turn into the christmastree formation with Diego and Gio under Amauri if needed!
Looks really good,only new RB is missing.
the 4-2-3-1 indeed coud work really well,it's just that we'll have 3 strikers benched in that case.even with unjuries,2 will be benched...

Unless....Dp will start in stead of Gio.but i doubt it...

Buffon

New RB - Cannavaro - Chiellini - Criscito

Sissoko - D'ago/Marchisio

Camoranesi - Diego - DP

Amauri

so IMO 4-3-1-2 will first to be played by Ferrara.

Looks good anyway;)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Of course we can play 4-2-3-1. We have two great wingers in Camo and Giovinco, a great playmaker in Diego and Sissoko and Marchisio/D'Ago as defensive midfielders. This is the new football, we should adapt. It's not like boring italian football is doing anybody any good today.

Look at the best teams in CL these past years, all teams play with one striker. Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool play the 4-2-3-1 formation while Barcelona play 4-3-3.

More attacking midfielders/wingers and less clumsy strikers..
Camo is great but not reliable and we only have just one LM and no back ups.
To use two wingers, we are going to need 4 to rotate from.
And at least 2DMs able to defend like Sissoko for starters and 2 for back ups.

What happens if Diego is suspended and Camo+Giovinco as to play in other starter positions?

And why wasting 3-4 expensive forwards on the bench?
We can field a 4-2-3-1 once in a while, but it cant be our permanent formation...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Now about the not having the right tools for the 4-2-3-1 issue.
Cheer up, one less reason to complain:bigscarf:

But you wouldnt lose the chance to make one more pathetic comment, wouldnt you...

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Fuck, this 4-3-1-2 makes me really mad. It is going to destroy so much. No Giovinco, no Camo, no width, nothing. I was really looking forward to see Giovinco grow out to become this amazing player next season but with the boring italian 4-3-1-2 obviously that won't happen. I would rather sacrifice a clumsy striker with a more creative Giovinco. I mean, for example, when Trezeguet play and doesnt score its like we are one man short on the field.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Fuck, this 4-3-1-2 makes me really mad. It is going to destroy so much. No Giovinco, no Camo, no width, nothing. I was really looking forward to see Giovinco grow out to become this amazing player next season but with the boring italian 4-3-1-2 obviously that won't happen. I would rather sacrifice a clumsy striker with a more creative Giovinco. I mean, for example, when Trezeguet play and doesnt score its like we are one man short on the field.
Giovinco and Camoranesi will play when Alex is on the bench and deploying the 4-2-3-1

But as Red said, some people are never happy.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Some people are never happy.
So you think its ok to put a 23 year old Giovinco on the bench next year also? And please don't tell me stuff like the season is long bla bla bla. We all know, as long as Diego performs and is fit he is always going to play, both in the CL and the league. If Giovinco get to play in the cup it wont be enough cuz there is so few matches to play there.

Giovinco would be stupid not to leave. He is to good for this crap.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Suns, I consider what is best for Juve; not what is best for Giovinco, though the two things can coincide.

4-2-3-1 is not a system that suits Juve's current squad right now.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Im happy! :D

What i agree with cron is that the lone striker formation should be used just when the circumstances call for it...as it would be a waste of talent to bench 3 of our 4 dangerous strikers, unless Iaq or amauri are used like wingers or something weird.

But with the 4-3-1-2, everyone will hacve their chance to shine.... specially that there will be always some players injured which make room for benchwarmers to show their football.

If Camo or diego suffer from someting.. there will be always a giovinco to adapt the formation...altho i just wish gio gets omre playing tome to see what he is capable of in a long season.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
So you think its ok to put a 23 year old Giovinco on the bench next year also? And please don't tell me stuff like the season is long bla bla bla. We all know, as long as Diego performs and is fit he is always going to play, both in the CL and the league. If Giovinco get to play in the cup it wont be enough cuz there is so few matches to play there.

Giovinco would be stupid not to leave. He is to good for this crap.
Ferrara mentioned many tactical options where Giovinco could fit.. if he plays wonderful im sure that Ferrara will be more fair then fucking Ranieri.

4-2-3-1

Camo Diego Giovinco

Amauri

Giovinco could well play in all three positions under the attacker.. depending on injuries or if someone are suspended.

4-3-1-2

Camo Sissoko Marchisio

Diego
Amauri Giovinco

also here he could play at top, if Ferrara want to rotate or rest Delpiero or another attacker. We will play many matches so

4-3-2-1

Diego Giovinco

Amauri( or Trez/Iaquinta)

also in this system Giovinco would work fine..

Im not saying he will have easy to get a starting eleven in this team.. but he can play in many positions.. And this systems will be much better for him then 4-4-2.
As I said I believe Ferrara is more fair then Ranieri.. if Giovinco plays good his chanses will come.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 95)