Tactics and Formations 09/2010 (23 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm not a staunch 4-4-2 supporter but its a bit of a worry our CL opponents can really blow us away. Our attacking strength is definately down the middle.
It was just one game and we were missing some players. And as I said before, we did get chances from the wing in the Bordeaux match, but the strikers didn't finish the chances. Switching to a straight 4-4-2 won't matter if the strikers don't finish and we lose the scoring threat from the midfield.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
If people are saying we are weak at the flanks then it is all up to our playrs to drive the game inwards where we are strong.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I mean, what do people want? No matter what we do, there will be a position that some will not be satisfied with.

If we don't use the straight 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1, we will be too weak on the wings.

If we don't use the 4-3-1-2, we won't have enough strikers.

If we use the straight 4-4-2, Diego will be left out or else we will have to play with one striker.

If we use any combination with only a "one" up top, once Del Piero is fit he won't play anyway.

There will always be something one isn't satisfied with, so you just have to choose the system that suits us the most. Strength through the middle plus a good group of strikers plus Diego equals playing the 4-3-1-2.

End of.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I mean, what do people want? No matter what we do, there will be a position that some will not be satisfied with.

If we don't use the straight 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1, we will be too weak on the wings.

If we don't use the 4-3-1-2, we won't have enough strikers.

If we use the straight 4-4-2, Diego will be left out or else we will have to play with one striker.

If we use any combination with only a "one" up top, once Del Piero is fit he won't play anyway.

There will always be something one isn't satisfied with, so you just have to choose the system that suits us the most. Strength through the middle plus a good group of strikers plus Diego equals playing the 4-3-1-2.

End of.
Pretty much sums it up.

:tup:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
When I suggested that? I come with weird suggestions most of the time.
:lol: Yeah you did in the opening post for the Livorno game:

Buffon (C)
Zebina Legrottaglie Chiellini Grosso
Camoranesi Poulsen Marchisio De Ceglie
Giovinco
Trezeguet

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
4-3-1-2 sucks! I said it before and I say it again. No wonder Italian football sucks when the 3 top teams are playing this formation.

Unless you have Villa, Zlatan, Torres or Del Piero up front, don't waste the 11th spot on a useless striker. Iaquinta, Amauri and Trez can't do anything. I'd rather play with 5 midfielders(GIO FUCKING VINCO!!!) than playing two useless strikers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)