Tactics and Formations 09/2010 (6 Viewers)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
The 4-3-1-2 is going to leave us exposed against sides in CL who play with width and great wide attacking players. Our attacks are going to be predictable aswell and if they successfully mark Diego then we're going to have a lot of trouble scoring ..I was thinking about playing a 4-4-1-1.

Zebina - Canna - Chiellini - Grosso
Camo - Melo - Marchisio - Giovinco/Marrone
Deigo
Iaquinta

Remember the Chelsea game? Gio ripped it up in Pavels spot and he would link up quite well with Grosso. But he would still leave us exposed down the wing which is why I'd contemplate using Marrone. And I'm not usually for a lone striker but I think with Diegos scoring ability playing behind Iaquinta more then makes up for it.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
well once we have del piero back the teams will make the fatal mistake of over marking up on diego, leaving alex with space to roam.

nabulio

Jan 31, 2008
i´m not a fan of the 4-3-1-2, we are not used to it, my biggest problem is, that there are too much space in the midfield among all the midfielders, we have to keep it tight. I really like the change, but we have to try another formations, such as 4-2-3-1, 4-3-2-1, just experiment a little bit if possible.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Good to see folk pining for the good old 4-4-2 already.

I've never hidden the fact that I'm not a big fan of the 4-3-1-2, but once the team grows fully accustomed to the new system, the flanks won't appear anything like as exposed.

Best to focus on tweaking the current formation than looking to change systems already.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Good to see folk pining for the good old 4-4-2 already.

I've never hidden the fact that I'm not a big fan of the 4-3-1-2, but once the team grows fully accustomed to the new system, the flanks won't appear anything like as exposed.

Best to focus on tweaking the current formation than looking to change systems already.
By the 30th? I think the team has to know how to adapt to a range of formations as well even in the middle of matches. I wanna see Gio on the wing in a 4 man man midfield too. He played so impressively in that role yet we still assume his natural position is behind the strikers.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
By the 30th? I think the team has to know how to adapt to a range of formations as well even in the middle of matches. I wanna see Gio on the wing in a 4 man man midfield too. He played so impressively in that role yet we still assume his natural position is behind the strikers.
funny you say that, because last year when Gio was on the wing, people said that his natural role to play behind the strikers. Now that he is playing behind the strikers, people want back on the wing.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
funny you say that, because last year when Gio was on the wing, people said that his natural role to play behind the strikers. Now that he is playing behind the strikers, people want back on the wing.
Comparitively he seems to take to a LW role (in some matches last year)better then behind the strikers (in his last few games). And I would love to see him playing in the same team as Diego like in the formation I posted. So much creativity.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Giovinco playing on a flank isn't going to help the team avoid getting overrun out wide.

All that needs to happen is the midfield three have to get better at moving from side to side quicker to help fullbacks.

In general, I agree about the team being versatile. However, this is Juve's first season of not playing a standard 4-4-2 for many years, so I think the priority needs to be getting comfortable with the main system before thinking about trying different ones.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
Giovinco playing on a flank isn't going to help the team avoid getting overrun out wide.

All that needs to happen is the midfield three have to get better at moving from side to side quicker to help fullbacks.

In general, I agree about the team being versatile. However, this is Juve's first season of not playing a standard 4-4-2 for many years, so I think the priority needs to be getting comfortable with the main system before thinking about trying different ones.
+ 1..it's a total blow out if we change tomorrow to a 4-4-2 ...all our tactics talk/training/pre'season effort to implement the sistem too is based on 4-3-1-2 . So no...i don't agree with a change not even with a backup formation, 4-3-1-2 till the end of the season and in next summer we will draw the line and see the results.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Oh come on, people want to use the straight 4-4-2 again, and already?

Jesus, as if we haven't had a good start to the season..

How are we going to play the straight 4-4-2 week in, week out when we only have a few true wingers? Our strength is in the middle and not outside; no reason to play that crap again.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Oh come on, people want to use the straight 4-4-2 again, and already?

Jesus, as if we haven't had a good start to the season..

How are we going to play the straight 4-4-2 week in, week out when we only have a few true wingers? Our strength is in the middle and not outside; no reason to play that crap again.
I'm not a staunch 4-4-2 supporter but its a bit of a worry our CL opponents can really blow us away. Our attacking strength is definately down the middle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)