Tactics and Formations 09/2010 (15 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
------------------Buffon--------------------
Caceres---Cannavaro------Chiellini ----De Ceglie
---Camoranesi----Sissoko----Felipe Melo---
------------------Diego---------------------
------------Amauri---Del Piero------------
Fixed and thats what i want to see during the season as our main formation.
Alternatively:

--------------Manningher--------------------
Zebina----Legro---Chiellini---Salih
----Marchisio----Zanetti--
Camo---Diego---Giovinco
------Trezequet

engireman

May 26, 2009
there will be 2 options in our midfield area in 4:3:1:2

1st option:

Melo_Sissiko_Tiago
_____Diego______

2nd option: if Tiago is out of form as like previous seasons.

Camoranesi_Sissiko_Melo
_________Diego________

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
------------------Buffon--------------------
Zebina---Chiellini---Cannavaro---Brazzo
Camoranesi----Sissoko----Felipe Melo---
------------------Diego---------------------
------------Amauri---Del Piero------------

I believe that in a normal condition we are going to see this formation the most :)

Geof

May 14, 2004
"A" Squad

-----------------Buffon-----------------
Zebina-Cannavaro-Chiellini-Caceres
---------Camo--Sissoko--Melo--------
-------------------Diego----------------
----------Amauri--Del Pie--------------

"B"-squad
-------------Schwarzenninger--------
-----Brazzo/Grygera-Legro-Ariaudo-Molinaro/DC---
--------Tiago--Zanetti--Marchisio---
-----------------Giovinco-----------
-----------------IQ---Trez-----------------

Jasp

Mar 19, 2009
"A" Squad

-----------------Buffon-----------------
Zebina-Cannavaro-Chiellini-Caceres
---------Camo--Sissoko--Melo--------
-------------------Diego----------------
----------Amauri--Del Pie--------------

"B"-squad
-------------Schwarzenninger--------
-----Brazzo/Grygera-Legro-Ariaudo-Molinaro/DC---
--------Tiago--Zanetti--Marchisio---
-----------------Giovinco-----------
-----------------IQ---Trez-----------------
Agree. Except.... Cacaeres i more a RB than LB(I think). I also think impossible to say who are playing RB/LB - since the guy who does best in training will/should. I think they all could becase none of them are so exceptional that they have to play. Personally i prefer cace/zebina ---------- De Ceglie. But you never know what level of play De Ceglie offers this season. However, it is fair to hope that he steps up a level and becomes a long term solution on that position.

faank

Sep 27, 2008
I am surprised to see Sissoko's name in the holding mid position in almost all the lineups. He roams forward way too often to play that strict role in front of the defense and he does not have the ability (yet?) to distribute the ball as effectively as our new signing, Melo. Sissoko certainly needs to be in the starting lineup but definitely not in the holding mid's position. He's way too anarchic for that. Nonetheless, him being anarchic is what makes him (and the team) super strong in midfield. I have really high hopes for the team this year, good to have this feeling back after all those years. :beer:

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003
From what i've seen so far i'd say our 4-3-3 is'nt working.To play 4-3-3 u need three midfielders who are very comfortable in possession n r astute at playing the quick n short-passing game.
Barcelona used it so well bcuz in Xavi and Iniesta they had two of the best passers in the world who could keep possession to themselves for all of 90 minutes if d need arose.Add to that attacking fullbacks like Daniel Alves,Abidal n Puyol (sometimes!)who could make runs from deep to take advantage of passes, as well as forwards like Messi,Henry n Eto who also run onto through-balls and presto!u're onto something.
In midfield we've used Melo,Camoranesi and Tiago (who will possibly be replaced by Momo when he's fit) to not-so-great effect n I think it's bcuz of the trio, Camo is the only one adept at the quick n short-passing game u need from a midfielder in that formation.If we could find two more of him then we'd be onto something;Alas! we can't...so here's what i propose

a 4-2-3-1 with :
two deep-lying midfielders for protecting the back four,breaking down attacks and runs from deep(perhaps momo n melo)

a trio of camo,diego and alex/gio fanning out in front of them such that alex/gio and camo can fall out wide when we lose the ball and block out that channel so oppossing fullbacks do not have the autobahn to our defence we've been gifting them in pre-season and diego can drop back to pick up the ball from momo n melo to launch attacks as well as make up the numbers when we lose the ball

one big-man upfront(luckily we have three!)who needs to be quick n his feet and even moreso in his thinking(sounds like a job for...DAVID TREZEGUET!! :)

Most of all we need for our players to be
1.mobile
2. quick-thinkers and passers
3. FIT!!

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
After watching the games I think we should have two formations, one if Diego is fit and the second one if Diego is not fit.

If Diego is fit:

______________________Buffon____________________
____Zebina____Cannavaro_____Chiellini____Salihamidic

_________Camoranesi____Melo_____Sissoko (Marchisio or Tiago)

______________________Diego____________________

___________Del Piero_____________Amauri_________

If Diego is not Fit

______________________Buffon____________________
____Zebina____Cannavaro_____Chiellini____Salihamidic

________________Melo_________Sissoko (Marchisio or Tiago)

____Camoranesi_______Del Piero______Giovinco

______________________Amauri____________________

I believe that Giovinco hasnt show what I takes to play in Diego's role, he plays better in the left side, in fact, I have seen that when he plays behind the forwards he goes and put himself in the left side, and I think thats becouse there is where he can use more of his speed and skills, he start in the left side and goes to the center.

Anyway, thats just my two cents.

Raj007

Jul 6, 2009
there will be 2 options in our midfield area in 4:3:1:2

1st option:

Melo_Sissiko_Tiago
_____Diego______

2nd option: if Tiago is out of form as like previous seasons.

Camoranesi_Sissiko_Melo
_________Diego________
:sergio: :sergio:

How many chances does that loser need ??? Are we like a relegation-struggler club or sumthing ??? It's a disgrace that we STILL are including him in our starting lineups let alone the 1st team.... :sergio:

Raj007

Jul 6, 2009
4-1-3-2 :

-------------------------------------------------- Buffon -----------------------------------

Zebina ----------------- Cannavaro ------------- Chiellini ------------------ De Ceglie

------------------------------------------------- Melo --------------------------------------

Camoranesi ---------------------------- Diego --------------------------------- Giovinco

Trezegol ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Alex

This is a slightly different variant of a 4-1-2-1-2, but which is quite clearly very offensive. Remains to be seen if Ciro will ever employ this.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
4-1-3-2 :

-------------------------------------------------- Buffon -----------------------------------

Zebina ----------------- Cannavaro ------------- Chiellini ------------------ De Ceglie

------------------------------------------------- Melo --------------------------------------

Camoranesi ---------------------------- Diego --------------------------------- Giovinco

Trezegol ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Alex

This is a slightly different variant of a 4-1-2-1-2, but which is quite clearly very offensive. Remains to be seen if Ciro will ever employ this.

I really like Trezeguet and Alex as wingers, along with playing nobody centrally to hammer in crosses. You may be on to something here.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Care to elaborate ??

Or just for the record : I don't give a FUCK what any1 else thinks. That's my perspective.

:sergio:

Why would I bother to elaborate when you don't care about what anyone else thinks?

Cretin.

I really like Trezeguet and Alex as wingers, along with playing nobody centrally to hammer in crosses. You may be on to something here.
:lol2:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Oh, you just reminded me that i was supposed to ban Raj007.

Hey, Raj, you're banned because you already had 3 accounts banned here and i see no reason to let your 4th account survive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)