Tacchinardi - 1 juve player that can win CL (2 Viewers)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
ZhiXin said:
Too bad Tacchi has been overlooked again even if he is back in Juventus. I'm watching tomorrow's game to see how Tacchi performs. Gonzalo is out for the season, so he will be given a more important role as a DM. Hope he can shut the English media up for putting so much attention of Fabregas.
yeah, we'll see how they can cope with Arsenal...I'm wishin Villa wins, but I guess it doesn't matter much coz the winner of Barca-Milan game will be CL chamions

ZhiXin said:
Speaking of the phrase home-grown youths, I feel that it is important for every club to have them as they play with passion and grit all the time despite the lack of talent. On the contrary, I don't know if it really isn't a bad idea to save our $$$ and put all the effort to nurture the youths. After all it is a dream for them to play for Juventus. (eg look at Aquilani's goal celebration after he scored against Lazio)

We should have given them the chance earlier, this is one of the reasons y I don't like some of Moggi's decisions. Cassano really disrupts team atmosphere.

De Rossi no better than our youths? Every1 wants him to be in our team. He plays with passion and determination and I wish that he stays in Roma for life. The same can be said for Aquilani as well. They have the skills, but they need a good coach to truly lead them the correct way. This is where Spalletti did a good job at.
Yeah, im wishin for home grown talents..not all to fill our first team but at least 1 to breakthrough. We should have given them a chance sooner, and if we still don't then I don't see the point of so much advertisement for Juventus football school.
You're right that we've never really grown any player but now we have some youth who desrve the chance.

And no, i don't think De Rossi is no better than our youths...only that Roma's youth products/squad is no better than ours who's primavera team have been winning.
Of course De Rossi is better than any talent we have in our youth (as far as I know), but you'll never really know until we start giving these youth a chance instead of loaning them out to another team to play. Yes they gain more experience in top flight but on the other hand they will need to learn a different footballing philosophy to which they have been learning since 11 or so.

Aquilliani is doing better in the team in part coz De Rossi is already in it, alongside other breakthroughs, which makes it more easier. Imagine playing alongside players/friends whom you've trainned with since 10, doesn't that add alot to teamwork on the pitch? And confidance as a young player?
Imagine bieng in Juventus, the only young player on the pitch with people expecting he's the next GOD (coz currently only GOD can breakthrough as a young homegrown at Juve). How much pressure does that put on our young guy? Plus he needs to adapt to the stars already on the pitch.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
- vOnAm - said:
Yeah, im wishin for home grown talents..not all to fill our first team but at least 1 to breakthrough. We should have given them a chance sooner, and if we still don't then I don't see the point of so much advertisement for Juventus football school.
You're right that we've never really grown any player but now we have some youth who desrve the chance.

And no, i don't think De Rossi is no better than our youths...only that Roma's youth products/squad is no better than ours who's primavera team have been winning.
Of course De Rossi is better than any talent we have in our youth (as far as I know), but you'll never really know until we start giving these youth a chance instead of loaning them out to another team to play. Yes they gain more experience in top flight but on the other hand they will need to learn a different footballing philosophy to which they have been learning since 11 or so.

Aquilliani is doing better in the team in part coz De Rossi is already in it, alongside other breakthroughs, which makes it more easier. Imagine playing alongside players/friends whom you've trainned with since 10, doesn't that add alot to teamwork on the pitch? And confidance as a young player?
Imagine bieng in Juventus, the only young player on the pitch with people expecting he's the next GOD (coz currently only GOD can breakthrough as a young homegrown at Juve). How much pressure does that put on our young guy? Plus he needs to adapt to the stars already on the pitch.
I'm sure that we have quite some quality youths in the primavera team and a lot of them r yearning to play for Juventus. Some of them can even break it to the 1st team at early stages in my opinion.
But with Moggi and Capello at the helm, I can't see that happening. Yes even Palladino and Volpato to mention a few.

About Aquilani, I would say that he is really lucky though. Playing alongside his childhood fren and getting 1st team play in a time like this, there is nothing u can ask more for a home grown footballer. But that doesn't mean that his talent should be overlooked though. He did some good work for the U-21s. Some credit ought to go to Aquiliani as well. Indeed playing with a friend at a familiar atmosphere does minimise a lot of pressure. Juventus philosophy is definitely different from Roma's but from what I see, I really prefer Roma's squad now.

As I said, what a beautiful irony

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I guess we have to acknowledge to some extent that their misfortunes have been their blessing in disguise. Totti, Montella, Nonda injured and Cassano leaving, plus the transfer embargo left them with no option than using their youth.

With De Rossi already firmly in the starting 11, I guess it makes it easier for the youths to adapt.
But you've gotta point that it was not merely the chance but the player's abilities in capturing their opportunities. Ofcourse players like De Rossi and Aquillini aren't grown everyday. I'm really hoping for the likes of Palladino to play or Velpato but then again, I was hoping ti see Maseillo this season but not only haven't I seen him, I haven't even seen the defender we loaned (forgot his name) from south america.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
- vOnAm - said:
I guess we have to acknowledge to some extent that their misfortunes have been their blessing in disguise. Totti, Montella, Nonda injured and Cassano leaving, plus the transfer embargo left them with no option than using their youth.

With De Rossi already firmly in the starting 11, I guess it makes it easier for the youths to adapt.
But you've gotta point that it was not merely the chance but the player's abilities in capturing their opportunities. Ofcourse players like De Rossi and Aquillini aren't grown everyday. I'm really hoping for the likes of Palladino to play or Velpato but then again, I was hoping ti see Maseillo this season but not only haven't I seen him, I haven't even seen the defender we loaned (forgot his name) from south america
The departure of Cassano has definitely bring the club to newer heights as Spalletti has a job much easier to do (yes I consider that the departure of Cassano makes his job more easier compared to an injury crisis). As for no recognised strikers, those youths must have learnt that they must fight for their lives if they wanna reach the 4th spot. I think that this has given Roma new life, even though the squad definitely needs better players. Sensi must have learnt a lot from this experience.

That was what I was trying to convey as well. De Rossi is lucky as the coaches have given him the chance to play at such a difficult time. He even gets to wear the captain armband at times. Aquilani is lucky as he is used to having De Rossi play alongside him up to this day. Both players have the talent and skills to take them to what they r today. As for our youth product, consider that they r lucky to be able to make a breakthrough.

About Gladstone, I dunno y is he here in the 1st place

Jul 12, 2002
Desmond said:
Reports say Tacchinardi may have to play in central defence against Arsenal, it'll be interesting to see how that turns out.
I've been saying that Tacch is a natural born central back for years. IMO, if it happens, he'll do well.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
yeah he didnt have the best of games as well, actually his whole team looks out of sorts in that game.
goddam gilberto he played a very physical game against riquleme and didnt even get a yellow card.

i think villareal had a good penlaty waved away by the ref. as well.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
sateeh said:
yeah he didnt have the best of games as well, actually his whole team looks out of sorts in that game.
goddam gilberto he played a very physical game against riquleme and didnt even get a yellow card.

i think villareal had a good penlaty waved away by the ref. as well.
TBH Gilberto should have been sent off.

Back tackle on Jose Mari in penalty box ---------> Red card + penalty

Tacchi game had a greater than average game IMO. Even though Villarreal looked shaky, but he did a good job in terms of defending. The scoreline could have gone more ugly, but at least he did defend and make some one-touch passes around when Riquelme is clearly @#&$*@#&$@!!

1 thing that makes me angry

When Tacchi tackles some1 --------> yellow card
When Tacchi rolls on the floor -------> Tacchi playacts :disagree:

To add, Wenger should be sent off as well

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
That 1-0 scoreline suits arsenal by heckloads, all they need to do now is, to do what they do best.. counter attack. The final seems destined to be Barca v Arsenal.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I beg a differ...Tacchi had an OK game, and the goal Arsenal scored was partly due to Tacchi playing the Arsenal players onside.

He didn't step up like the rest of the Villareal players, and in the replay I saw that Tacchi was way behind his teamates...

Other than that he had an ok game.

But I do agree with the ref's performance.....it seems Arsenal can do no wrong with how hard they play..no yellow card at all? And Gilberto's tackle? A REF watching that from such a close distance didn't call anything?? Stupid, Stupid Refereeing!!

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
- vOnAm - said:
I beg a differ...Tacchi had an OK game, and the goal Arsenal scored was partly due to Tacchi playing the Arsenal players onside.

He didn't step up like the rest of the Villareal players, and in the replay I saw that Tacchi was way behind his teamates...

Other than that he had an ok game.

But I do agree with the ref's performance.....it seems Arsenal can do no wrong with how hard they play..no yellow card at all? And Gilberto's tackle? A REF watching that from such a close distance didn't call anything?? Stupid, Stupid Refereeing!!
Josico can replace Tacchinardi, but it is an entirely different story if Senna was to be suspended.

Arsenal is clearly whipping Riquelme and co.

And Wenger claims that Villarreal players r playacting :disagree:

Beto

Nov 3, 2005
Tachinardi is not a juve player and hes glad to be outta there, he just said in an interview that he is free from stress in Spain unlike in italy and that he is very happy. You all just can take the fact that Arsenal kicked the crap outta Juve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)