Türkiye (142 Viewers)

Jul 2, 2006
People denied that chocolate covered shit called secular democracy as soon as they got chance to vote. Mind you, if you can't force Europe to be religious, you can't force these popular to be secular.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
People denied that chocolate covered shit called secular democracy as soon as they got chance to vote. Mind you, if you can't force Europe to be religious, you can't force these popular to be secular.
Which is why you people are incapable of self government. Fuck it, tear yourselves apart for all I care, you'll be standing there with your BS national/religious pride while a river of blood runs through Istanbul.

Edoardo

Feb 28, 2013
The problem is that democracy is distinctly western civilization concept. Now the young liberals see all the american movies about freedom and democracy and they think this is the solution in Turkey but it's not. Erdogan is a great leader for Turkey just as Putin is a great leader in Russia the small liberal minority can't see that. One size doesn't fit all.

Jul 1, 2010
Secular doesn't mean irreligious, it just means that governments cannot take sides on religious matters and that religion is mostly kept to the private sphere.

This means tolerance for religious minorities. You should talk to the Muslims in Canada, they're quite happy to live under secular democracy.

Of course we can't force you guys to be secular and we shouldn't. We're just saying that you lot would be better off living under secular democracies.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah good old putin, with the massive Alcoholism, Drug Abuse, Undynamic Economy and extremely high levels of AIDS

YAAAAAY PUTIN :nico:
:agree:

Jul 2, 2006
Which is why you people are incapable of self government. Fuck it, tear yourselves apart for all I care, you'll be standing there with your BS national/religious pride while a river of blood runs through Istanbul.
We people were capable of governing one of the three biggest empires in history, you can be sure we people contributed more than a lot to state organisation and government. This is no some isolated place in far east but City of Caliphate so there will be no river of blood.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Secular doesn't mean irreligious, it just means that governments cannot have a say on religious matters and that religion is mostly kept in the private sphere.

This means tolerance for religious minorities. You should talk to the Muslims in Canada, they're quite happy to live under secular democracy.

Of course we can't force you guys to be secular and we shouldn't. We're just saying that you lot would be better off living under secular democracies.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:
you dont want to know what i get called when i suggest what u wrote to a beardie with me in two courses :) i wish they would be open minded to accept that religion is a personal relation between a human and his or her god. politics is way too dirty to throw religion into it.

Edoardo

Feb 28, 2013
We people were capable of governing one of the three biggest empires in history, you can be sure we people contributed more than a lot to state organisation and government. This is no some isolated place in far east but City of Caliphate so there will be no river of blood.
Funny that an Irish man called you on that one. Turkish empire was once one of the mighties in the world while Ireland was always the bitch of the English people.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
An Empire built on decentralized barbarism and genocide. Oh sure it'll be peaceful, for everybody who agrees with you.

Jul 1, 2010
and if secularism means tolerance for religious minorities, Ottomans were far ahead of their time.
Medieval Muslim states and the Ottoman Empire(until the Enlightenment) were better places for religious minorities than Christian Europe, that is indeed true.

Unless we talk about polytheists, as the Muslim treatment of Hindus during the Middle Ages were terrible.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Funny that an Irish man called you on that one. Turkish empire was once one of the mighties in the world while Ireland was always the bitch of the English people.
First of all, not ethnically Irish, ethnically planter so yes, the Irish were my peoples bitches.

Second of all Ireland colonized England first.

Third of all the Ottoman Empire is dead you couldn't keep it together because you are savages that were overtaken by history. How's it feel?

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Not comments but facts. You can be voice of noisy minority as much as you want but this geography is changing in right direction, people decided that way so it will be no different than walking in the wrong direction of the ship you're in.
You are clearly biased. It's not your opinion on the topic that makes you unreliable but the way you describe the situation. It's pretty hard to spot a impartial tone in your words.

The situation in Turkey is really overanalyzed in this thread.
Indeed. What's obvious is that Turkey is handling the situation poorly. I don't believe a "noisy minority" can affect a supposedly democratic state with a huge support among its citizens this way. Calling protesters a bunch of looters, reducing accessibility to social networks and blaming everything and everyone is how I'd expect Iran to handle the situation.

Edoardo

Feb 28, 2013
I am not Turkish I live in the abomination that is the EU. I just don't agree with the liberal media here because I think with my own head. In my opinion two of the biggest disgraces in modern western civilization are Liberal media and Zionism. Many many people died because of this two things.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Neither is Ireland.

Nation-States are not the same as just plain states.

I should probably add to Turk etc that when I say 'secular' I mean SOCIALLY Islamic of course! but built on Secular foundations.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not Turkish I live in the abomination that is the EU. I just don't agree with the liberal media here because I think with my own head. In my opinion two of the biggest disgraces in modern western civilization are Liberal media and Zionism. Many many people died because of this two things.
More people die from Ignorance, and I'll tell you something you might find difficult to believe. I dislike 'Liberal media'.

I also dislike 'Conservative media'. Neither has all the answers...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 140)