Türkiye (28 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
yes and no, because usually people have even less clue about the politicians they are electing and a lot depends on how good his face looks on huge banners or how good the main slogan is. I'd rather leave as much of the big decisions to the people as possible, because in a democratic system there usually is a situation where you vote for the lesser evil not for someone you actually want to vote for, therefore one vote in 4 years is not enough to control what happens in your country
God no.

Did they vote for the lesser evil in the USA?

Buy on AliExpress.com

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
God no.

Did they vote for the lesser evil in the USA?
USA apparently is a pretty retarded country. Despite Trump, Brexit and Erdogan I still have way more belief in the people of my country and not the politicians we vote for. The whole system of allowing huge political campaigns that cost a lot is self-defeating, of course mostly politicians with some hidden investor interests will get elected, because independent ones just don't have enough money to compete

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
yes and no, because usually people have even less clue about the politicians they are electing and a lot depends on how good his face looks on huge banners or how good the main slogan is. I'd rather leave as much of the big decisions to the people as possible, because in a democratic system there usually is a situation where you vote for the lesser evil not for someone you actually want to vote for, therefore one vote in 4 years is not enough to control what happens in your country
Direct democracy is a recipe for chaos

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Claudia :touched: That's some Ströbele like bullshit :lol:

about the "filth benefitting from our freedom", this extra 3 vid from before the referendum says it all really :p

I'm not a fan of national referendums about serious topics anyway. It's dangerous and somewhat pointless if half the people voting, don't even know what exactly they are voting for or against, and what the consequenes are gonna be. Brexit for example. @JuveJay
May just announced that she wants a general election for June. Easy win really, won't do much harm I'd imagine.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
it's close to impossible to achieve Direct Democracy, but I personally sympathize with the Swiss model f.e.
What you're proposing is a form of direct democracy. in the US, states and even cities do it quite a lot. Going back to referendums for every important decision is basically giving up on the current representative system which most of the democracies are based. You neither trust the system nor are willing to spend time and resources to make sure important decisions are deliberated and discussed carefully. So you just leave it to the direct vote.
A lot of bad things can happen. People vote emotionally, and in the highly politically charged referendums it's even worse. in 1980 98% of Iranians voted to establish an "Islamic Republic" without knowing what it actually is. It was literally written on the ballot that "the details of such system will be approved later".
Also, sometimes people don't simply care and turnout is pretty low. Last year in the city I live city council passed a measure that required ride sharing services do a background check on their drivers. Uber and Lyft didn't want to do it, so they gathered enough signatures to put it on the ballot, spent $9m on the campaign and were very confident that they'll win. They lost 56%-44% since only 16% (iirc) of the people actually voted.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Books sold is a weird metric :D

But really it's the same pattern you see all over the world, from Turkey to Trump, Brexit, Austria, Poland, and probably a whole other bunch of countries I don't really know about. People with higher levels of education & cities vs rural areas & people with less education.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/turkey-blocks-access-wikipedia-website-monitoring-group-080432012.html

ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Turkey has blocked online encyclopedia Wikipedia, the telecommunications watchdog said on Saturday, citing a law allowing it to ban access to websites deemed obscene or a threat to national security.

The move is likely to further worry rights groups and Turkey's Western allies, who say Ankara has sharply curtailed freedom of speech and other basic rights in the crackdown that followed last year's failed coup.

"After technical analysis and legal consideration ... an administrative measure has been taken for this website (Wikipedia.Org)," the BTK telecommunications watchdog said in a statement on its website.

It cited a law that allows it to block access to individual web pages or entire websites for the protection of public order, national security or the well-being of the public.

Turkey's communications ministry said Wikipedia was attempting to run a "smear campaign" against Turkey, saying some articles purported that Ankara was coordinating with militant groups, state-run Anadolu news agency reported.

"Instead of coordinating against terrorism, it has become part of an information source which is running a smear campaign against Turkey in the international arena," Anadolu quoted the ministry as saying in a statement.

The ban would be lifted if Wikipedia met the government's demands, Anadolu said. ::lol3::

Under the law, the watchdog is required to submit its ban to a court within 24 hours. The court then has two days to decide whether the ban should be upheld.
I come here to ask you if this is true or yet another western media lie. @Turk_Bianconero

Jul 2, 2006
I come here to ask you if this is true or yet another western media lie. @Turk_Bianconero
It is true. They have been warned several times by officials to remove disinformative content about Turkey supporting daesh despite the fact it is the only nation fighting them on ground. It's is disrespect against those who gave their lives while fighting against them, no reason to tolerate that kind of malicious shit.

@Turk_Bianconero - show us a screenshot of you using Wikipedia to disprove the lies of the meddling, Masonic and immoral West.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)