Syrian civil war (8 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You have such deep humanitarian concerns.
"you cant say you feel bad for a man with a bruised arm, cause some people are amputees".

I always feel sad when i see women in that oppressed situation. What an asshole thing of me to say that. Such a douchebag i am for expressing a feeling. I'll return to what is stereotypically expected of me.

All women are whores to a certain degree. Its only just us men keep them in line.

Happy now ?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
"you cant say you feel bad for a man with a bruised arm, cause some people are amputees".

I always feel sad when i see women in that oppressed situation. What an asshole thing of me to say that. Such a douchebag i am for expressing a feeling. I'll return to what is stereotypically expected of me.

All women are whores to a certain degree. Its only just us men keep them in line.

Happy now ?
Nah she called you out on that half assed indirect attempt at defending the bomb drop. Whats burqas got to do with anything here, you could have just as well said i hope this doesn't affect the quality of heroine in my town

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004

Happy now ?
What you said, given the timing and context, was ridiculously out of place. Besides, the premise of what you said is that all women who wear burqa are doing it against their will, hence your sympathy, which is false.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The US was just practicing great humanitarianism in euthanizing scores of burqa-clad women. 'tis better to be dead than to wear a burqa. Objective, right-wing truth there. Because the right only works with actual truth.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
What you said, given the timing and context, was ridiculously out of place. Besides, the premise of what you said is that all women who wear burqa are doing it against their will, hence your sympathy, which is false.
You're a smart girl Hoori, but you need to lay down the drinking or pot habbit a bit, cause it creates holes in your memory.
Not that you said you do it, i just made the assumption. Not nice when someone does that, isnt it ?

I said i didnt want the US meddeling internationally. I head this news of the massive air ordinance bomb beeing used in action in afghanistan. Which made me raise a brow, cause i tought the invasion of afghanistan was over since '14. Which would anger me.

So i google the afghan war following the US invasion and see that its technically over since '14 but the US remained there and decided to bomb stuff cause they can. While reading that i came across this picture

Thats where i made my post about. I found the contrast just so sad. You can see the joyfull little girl, and next to her the raw image of what they are forced to grow up to.

btw

i see your "not all women do it against their will" argument and i'll raise with "some women enjoy rape cause its a fetish of them".

Yup, thats actually true. The percentage is incredibly small, but there are some.

Perhaps some women also liked that they were circumsized.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
You're a smart girl Hoori, but you need to lay down the drinking or pot habbit a bit, cause it creates holes in your memory.
Not that you said you do it, i just made the assumption. Not nice when someone does that, isnt it ?

I said i didnt want the US meddeling internationally. I head this news of the massive air ordinance bomb beeing used in action in afghanistan. Which made me raise a brow, cause i tought the invasion of afghanistan was over since '14. Which would anger me.

So i google the afghan war following the US invasion and see that its technically over since '14 but the US remained there and decided to bomb stuff cause they can. While reading that i came across this picture

Thats where i made my post about. I found the contrast just so sad. You can see the joyfull little girl, and next to her the raw image of what they are forced to grow up to.

btw

i see your "not all women do it against their will" argument and i'll raise with "some women enjoy rape cause its a fetish of them".

Yup, thats actually true. The percentage is incredibly small, but there are some.

Perhaps some women also liked that they were circumsized.

I don't need to know what made you make that post. It sounded ridiculous given the context. Also, stick to providing stats for the topics you have knowledge about. I'm from Iran, i know what i'm talking about. The simple fact that you make that rape analogy when talking about burqa shows how ignorant you are on this topic and how arrogant you are to feel the need to talk about something you have no clue about.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I don't need to know what made you make that post. It sounded ridiculous given the context. Also, stick to providing stats for the topics you have knowledge about. I'm from Iran, i know what i'm talking about. The simple fact that you make that rape analogy when talking about burqa shows how ignorant you are on this topic and how arrogant you are to feel the need to talk about something you have no clue about.
Nice. I'm from Belgium. Women here have absolute freedom of choise and more rights then men.

I'm not ignorant. "its a gruesome future but some women like it". That doesnt make it fucking okay. I made a more extreme example with the same reasoning. "rape is gruesome, but some women like it". Stop trying to be emotional and look at that from rational pov.

Both are statements of bad things, one more horrific then the other. Both have the same narrative : its bad cause its bad, a strict minority dont minding it doesnt change this fact.

yet how gruesome the complete and utter oppression of women is, they'll have to endure it. Invasions arent an answer. The society needs to evolve to the point where they dont find it okay, go in hard against the establishment and overtrow it themselves.

Us outsiders should offer local shelter and human needs. But dont invate.

In case you didnt get it by now, yeah, i'm fully against the bombing.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Yet, all you freaks want to come live here.

Go figure.
I have no desire to live there. Only place I would love is Chicago for blues clubs and New Orleans for Jazz scene. Oh and just curiousity of another country, same as china, brazil or whatever else.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yet, all you freaks want to come live here.

Go figure.
I don't want to live in the USA. Don't get me wrong, I think there are fantastic places in the US. But I definitely prefer to live in Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not ignorant. "its a gruesome future but some women like it". That doesnt make it fucking okay. I made a more extreme example with the same reasoning. "rape is gruesome, but some women like it". Stop trying to be emotional and look at that from rational pov.
You do realise that women who have a rape fetish generally do not want to be raped by just about anyone? Also, it's a fetish. That's something completely different than making a choice to wear a piece of clothing.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
That's just not true. There was a time when women were favoured in family court, but that's just not true anymore today.
Thats bullshit if i ever heard it.

Unless a women is a prostitute or registrated drug addict, she'll get child custody.

If men and women have the exact same situation, the mother will always draw the longest straw when dividing the time where the child stays.

This was the case 20 years ago when my parents divorced, its the case this year when my sister and two other girls i know separated.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want to live in the USA. Don't get me wrong, I think there are fantastic places in the US. But I definitely prefer to live in Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

You do realise that women who have a rape fetish generally do not want to be raped by just about anyone? Also, it's a fetish. That's something completely different than making a choice to wear a piece of clothing.
One of the more irritating things to do, is seeing a comparison to make a point. And you are completely aware of the point as i said why i made the comparison.

yet instead of debating the point, you put your effords in trying to find holes in the comparison

The point is if something is horrible, its horrible. Some not minding it doesnt change this fact.

but nah, lets debate the comparison i made :tup:

I see why you went into legal

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Thats bullshit if i ever heard it.

Unless a women is a prostitute or registrated drug addict, she'll get child custody.

If men and women have the exact same situation, the mother will always draw the longest straw when dividing the time where the child stays.

This was the case 20 years ago when my parents divorced, its the case this year when my sister and two other girls i know separated.

I see. I forgot I'm just a lawyer, going to court daily.

How much experience in court do you have again?

- - - Updated - - -

One of the more irritating things to do, is seeing a comparison to make a point. And you are completely aware of the point as i said why i made the comparison.

yet instead of debating the point, you put your effords in trying to find holes in the comparison

The point is if something is horrible, its horrible. Some not minding it doesnt change this fact.

but nah, lets debate the comparison i made :tup:

I see why you went into legal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_analogy

A false analogy is a faulty instance of the argument from analogy.

An argument from analogy is weakened if it is inadequate in any of the above respects. The term "false analogy" comes from the philosopher John Stuart Mill, who was one of the first individuals to engage in a detailed examination of analogical reasoning.[2] One of Mill's examples involved an inference that some person is lazy from the observation that his or her sibling is lazy. According to Mill, sharing parents is not all that relevant to the property of laziness.

I understand you are not used to debating. But if you are trying to make a point and are using an analogy to do so, it matters that the analogy is correct. You were trying to argue that just because women choose to do something, doesn't mean it is correct. For example women have a rape fetish they might indulge in, but that does not condone rape. This analogy is false, because you cannot compare it to the situation at hand. As such the analogy made was completely meaningless. This means that you failed to make a point.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Nice. I'm from Belgium. Women here have absolute freedom of choise and more rights then men.

Both are statements of bad things, one more horrific then the other. Both have the same narrative : its bad cause its bad, a strict minority dont minding it doesnt change this fact.

yet how gruesome the complete and utter oppression of women is, they'll have to endure it. Invasions arent an answer. The society needs to evolve to the point where they dont find it okay, go in hard against the establishment and overtrow it themselves.

Us outsiders should offer local shelter and human needs. But dont invate.

In case you didnt get it by now, yeah, i'm fully against the bombing.
Iran has a 99% muslim population. I grew up wearing a hiajb i didn't want to wear, so i'm in fact pretty biased against the concept, but my opinion is irrelevant here. Fact is you're falsely assuming that all women who wear a burqa do it against their will, and what's funny is that it somehow saddens you right when bombs are being dropped on them. It's like telling a dying person that their hair doesn't look good.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Iran has a 99% muslim population. I grew up wearing a hiajb i didn't want to wear, so i'm in fact pretty biased against the concept, but my opinion is irrelevant here. Fact is you're falsely assuming that all women who wear a burqa do it against their will, and what's funny is that it somehow saddens you right when bombs are being dropped on them. It's like telling a dying person that their hair doesn't look good.
Wrong.

i'm not assuming that at all. My grandparents were devote catholics. They followed various rules and didnt question them. In fact, they wore some sort of haircoverage aswel. (which is funny as these days it sets off people.
I'm well aware many just follow it and dont question it or dont mind.
But the burka is just a symbol of an entire opressed region. And they dont know better, "its expected, its the norm".
What i find sad is how men have opressed these women, and what possibilities they could have had.

Who are the ones who bring their daughters to the butcher for circumcision ? Mothers mostly. Cause they see it as expected and the norm.

From my point of view, i know what freedoms and possibilities all these women have taken away from them in life. And thats what i find sad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)