Syrian civil war (9 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
From my point of view, i know what freedoms and possibilities all these women have taken away from them in life. And thats what i find sad.

I like that on the same page you have assumed you know more about the prejudices of Belgian judges than a lawyer and more about the personal situations of muslim women than a woman from Iran.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I see. I forgot I'm just a lawyer, going to court daily.

How much experience in court do you have again?

- - - Updated - - -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_analogy

A false analogy is a faulty instance of the argument from analogy.

An argument from analogy is weakened if it is inadequate in any of the above respects. The term "false analogy" comes from the philosopher John Stuart Mill, who was one of the first individuals to engage in a detailed examination of analogical reasoning.[2] One of Mill's examples involved an inference that some person is lazy from the observation that his or her sibling is lazy. According to Mill, sharing parents is not all that relevant to the property of laziness.

I understand you are not used to debating. But if you are trying to make a point and are using an analogy to do so, it matters that the analogy is correct. You were trying to argue that just because women choose to do something, doesn't mean it is correct. For example women have a rape fetish they might indulge in, but that does not condone rape. This analogy is false, because you cannot compare it to the situation at hand. As such the analogy made was completely meaningless. This means that you failed to make a point.
Mothers get the vast majority of prime child custody after a divorce of the first child, and the majority of visiting time on two.
Everyone and every statistic knows this and shows this. As a man its incredibly hard to get the child. I can name 7 examples where the father

- more cash
- good job
- reasonable houres
- owned the house
- good impression

Mother got the child. or majority of visiting time if more then one and split.

Give me any statistic to prove that wrong instead of hiding behind "im a lawyer"

I know several biochemists who'll debate the hazards and risks of DNP. Statistics are objective, dont care about your feelings and never lie.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Wrong.

i'm not assuming that at all. My grandparents were devote catholics. They followed various rules and didnt question them. In fact, they wore some sort of haircoverage aswel. (which is funny as these days it sets off people.
I'm well aware many just follow it and dont question it or dont mind.
But the burka is just a symbol of an entire opressed region. And they dont know better, "its expected, its the norm".
What i find sad is how men have opressed these women, and what possibilities they could have had.

Who are the ones who bring their daughters to the butcher for circumcision ? Mothers mostly. Cause they see it as expected and the norm.

From my point of view, i know what freedoms and possibilities all these women have taken away from them in life. And thats what i find sad.
Watch this and watch it carefully

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Zach, is there as subject that you don't know, a subject that you are not expert in, a subject that you would not know best?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I like that on the same page you have assumed you know more about the prejudices of Belgian judges than a lawyer and more about the personal situations of muslim women than a woman from Iran.
Oh nice. And now the strawman argument.

Hoori is questionning my viewpoint. I'm defending and explaining what i tried to say, and i have nuancated it to a point where she sees she misinterpreted me.
I offcourse didnt assume i know her situation better then herself.

You on the other hand come with a ridiculous notion, about situations i have plenty of experience with (sadly).

Yeah, there i make assumptions

I know lawyers use works to get around these annoying facts, where as engineers dont have that possibility.

So i repeat. Find me your evidence, or shut up

- - - Updated - - -

Zach, is there as subject that you don't know, a subject that you are not expert in, a subject that you would not know best?
In regards to the burka thing

I expressed a sadness and why i am sad. Its extremely simple. If you bother reading why, you'll easily understand.

In regards to the other, i had a decade of unwanted personal experience with it, and it recently has begun again.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Mothers get the vast majority of prime child custody after a divorce of the first child, and the majority of visiting time on two.
Everyone and every statistic knows this and shows this. As a man its incredibly hard to get the child. I can name 7 examples where the father

- more cash
- good job
- reasonable houres
- owned the house
- good impression

Mother got the child. or majority of visiting time if more then one and split.

Give me any statistic to prove that wrong instead of hiding behind "im a lawyer"

No. You are the one arguing that family courts in Belgium are prejudiced and biased and favour women. The burden of proof is on you. Please provide me with the statistics. Oh, and statistics showing that women generally get more time with their children is not sufficient. Because, like you and far far more than you, I also have a lot of anecdotal proof where the father doesn't even want to see the child. Please prove the bias you claim.

If you can't, shut the fuck up.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh nice. And now the strawman argument.

Hoori is questionning my viewpoint. I'm defending and explaining what i tried to say, and i have nuancated it to a point where she sees she misinterpreted me.
I offcourse didnt assume i know her situation better then herself.

You on the other hand come with a ridiculous notion, about situations i have plenty of experience with (sadly).

Yeah, there i make assumptions

I know lawyers use works to get around these annoying facts, where as engineers dont have that possibility.

So i repeat. Find me your evidence, or shut up

You clearly don't get how this works. You are stating something. You are claiming bias. You need to come up with evidence. I need to do fuck all. So far you have provided nothing. And it's far from a strawman argument. Whereas anecedotal proof is never enough, we at least know for a fact that both Hoori (as a woman from Iran) and I (as a lawyer) have actual relevant experience when it comes to these subjects.

You have provided zilch.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
No. You are the one arguing that family courts in Belgium are prejudiced and biased and favour women. The burden of proof is on you. Please provide me with the statistics. Oh, and statistics showing that women generally get more time with their children is not sufficient. Because, like you and far far more than you, I also have a lot of anecdotal proof where the father doesn't even want to see the child. Please prove the bias you claim.

The amount of fathers that doesnt want to see the child, arent remotely enough to change the outcome of the statistics.

Find me any that contradict me

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You clearly don't get how this works. You are stating something. You are claiming bias. You need to come up with evidence. I need to do fuck all. So far you have provided nothing. And it's far from a strawman argument. Whereas anecedotal proof is never enough, we at least know for a fact that both Hoori (as a woman from Iran) and I (as a lawyer) have actual relevant experience when it comes to these subjects.

You have provided zilch.
Again the strawman. its time to quit the strawman argument.

My discussion with Hoori is about about how i feel about a certain viewpoint. Based on simple differences.

My discussion with you is that you are full of shit. Stop beeing full of shit.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The amount of fathers that doesnt want to see the child, arent remotely enough to change the outcome of the statistics.

Find me any that contradict me
Again. You don't get it. You present an argument. You are saying Belgian courts favour women. The burden of proof is on you. Not me. You need to provide statistics.

- - - Updated - - -

My discussion with Hoori is about about how i feel about a certain viewpoint. Based on simple differences.
Thank you. We've arrived at our destination.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Again. You don't get it. You present an argument. You are saying Belgian courts favour women. The burden of proof is on you. Not me. You need to provide statistics.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. We've arrived at our destination.
It took you this long to realise that

"Saddens me each time when you see pictures of afghanistan and than see women in burka's"

Was about how i feel ?

I finally understand why these lawsuits take so long to conclude. Its not the money, its the lawyers

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It took you this long to realise that

"Saddens me each time when you see pictures of afghanistan and than see women in burka's"

Was about how i feel ?

I finally understand why these lawsuits take so long to conclude. Its not the money, its the lawyers

Again, you have failed to provide me with evidence as to the bias of Belgian courts. Please do so or admit you simply know fuck all about any of this.

Your debate with Hoori was not about feelings. It was about opinions. And as soon as it turns out you can't substantiate yours, you'll call it a feeling. Because that's what it is. A gut feeling you mistook for a fact.

Your arrogance in all of this is astounding. You have shown nothing but ignorance every single time it comes to the law or Islam, yet you continue to think of yourself as erudite in these subjects.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Again, you have failed to provide me with evidence as to the bias of Belgian courts. Please do so or admit you simply know fuck all about any of this.

Your debate with Hoori was not about feelings. It was about opinions. And as soon as it turns out you can't substantiate yours, you'll call it a feeling. Because that's what it is. A gut feeling you mistook for a fact.

Your arrogance in all of this is astounding. You have shown nothing but ignorance every single time it comes to the law or Islam, yet you continue to think of yourself as erudite in these subjects.
Lets repeat the simple facts

- These women have next to no personal freedom
- i dont blame islam. religion is just a very good medium to get people to follow you. We both can write books about how the catholic church did this.
- Most of them consider it normal. the norm. isolation gets you that
- my entire point is that living in the west i know what freedoms they can have, and how much they are missing out off.
- exposure to other cultures will change this.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Where does that leave ZoSo?
On these topics? Ether a troll or retard. But I think just attention seeking troll. Andy and Zach they aren't doing this for attention, it's what they believe is true and only option and everybody else just don't seem to understand it and are wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)