Syrian civil war (10 Viewers)

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Erdogan said that "at the border there are no syrian rebels, so if russia bombs the border, they bomb turkmen"

Following that statement, can only be turkmen :klin:

officially, not sure yet. Both have been claimed
Well, they are fucked now.

I really feel bad for civilians whose lives mean nothing in these dirty games that are being played.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Well, they are fucked now.

I really feel bad for civilians whose lives mean nothing in these dirty games that are being played.
THe horror of assad has put erdogan in the shadow at the moment, but he has a huge responsibility in the casualties in syria, iraq, and wherever IS is murdering and raping.

I wonder if turks realise this. Cause Russia will take vengence, and it will cause civilian casualties.

Just cause Erdogan wanted to try break up Russia and VS so IS could continue to murder kurds so they could annexate territories in the future for his new ottoman empire.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Yeah, the Turkish government looks totally deluded. They don't understand that there is a huge anti islamist fervor in the West and by showing that they support a radical group they are losing support vs Russia. Turkey will be more and more isolated and there are voices to cut them from NATO. This is a huge own goal for Turkey and I won't be surprised if they lose a lot in the end.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Instead of bombing IS and hurt civilians

Cut ties with both Turkey and Saudi arabia, and offer to protect syria's borders in exchange for no violence against his own people for assad "or face what iraq had comming in the gulf war".

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014

Cut ties with both Turkey and Saudi arabia, and offer to protect syria's borders in exchange for no violence against his own people for assad "or face what iraq had comming in the gulf war".
This! But it ain't happening. Saudi Arabia is too important for USA.

zebrettino

Aug 4, 2012
Nobody is saying the deaths of civilians aren't important. How does it follow that because Russia may have killed civilians (and incidentally, Google revealed that the page you linked is the only source for this story), Turkey, which has killed thousands upon thousands of its own civilians and enables terrorists to kill a lot more Syrians than Russian planes ever will, is justified in shooting down a plane that posed no threat to it? That they were flying over Turkmen is just the usual imperialist rhetoric from Erdogan, who sees the whole region as Greater Turkey. Very interesting that the media accepts that justification but continues to criticize Russia's intervention in Crimea.

- - - Updated - - -

Not going to happen, unfortunately. The US knew immediately that the 9/11 attackers were almost all Saudis and that al Qaeda got most of its funding from Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Qatar, but they can't risk losing those allies. So they went after Afghanistan, Iraq and Iran, which have had nothing to do with terrorist attacks against the US.

That, and after the war in Iraq I don't think Americans would support another long, possibly indefinite occupation.

- - - Updated - - -

Civilians like those innocent and nice young men who were right there ready to help them descend a bit quicker.

- - - Updated - - -

The US incident was in Afghanistan, and the "Taliban intel" came from the ANA, so they can take the rap for that.

I think the incident in Syria recently was from Russian planes.
My mistake, it was in Afghanistan. Here's an interesting piece on the alleged Russian hospital bombing:

http://journal-neo.org/2015/10/27/russias-bombing-of-syrian-hospitals-the-incredible-expanding-lie/

I feel like I'm constantly defending Russia which isn't my intention, but I just get a little tired of the rhetoric from our media. They won't take Erdogan to task over his record in Syria, but they'll publish any negative innuendo about Russia. Erdogan funds terrorists, bombs his own people and shoots down a Russian plane and then runs and hides behind Uncle Sam. Putin could very likely be the greater evil in the end, but I find Wormtail infinitely more detestable than Voldemort.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3,192
    As expected earlier, Russia just used its Kurdish mercenaries to attack the opposition forces north of Syria. These opposition forces are now fighting IS on the Eastern front, Kurdish mercenaries on the Western front, and Assad gangs on the Southern front.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3,198
    $#@! Russia $#@! assad. Forza Erdogan!
    The war of words that followed the plane incident is really interesting. Erdogan makes Putin looks like a headless chicken by replying to his words in an intelligent way :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)