Syrian civil war (5 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
putin is the only politician in the world who doenst have to answer to any one entity/person, so his populism is more egomaniacal than necessary
If you make yourself the lone ruler of a country, you need to be a massive populist, and people need to buy what you say.

Putin gets away with alot, cause people believe his stuff.

A lone ruler that is hated by his nation, is a civil war away from getting overtrown

- - - Updated - - -

1. Domestically? Almost nine out of 10 Russians approve of their president, according to survey that also highlights support for Ukraine strategy. http://www.theguardian.com/world/da...dimir-putins-approval-rating-at-record-levels

2. I would love to see how US would react to Russia helping overthrow the Canadian/Mexican government to install a puppet government and have them join an anti-USA alliance. Putin annexed Crimea, where most of the people voted for the democratically elected President that had been ousted by US help.

US invasion of Iraq was worse than Russia have ever done, and that's the reason ISIS exists today.
I never get how people so blindly swallow what the US says, and label anything contratictive towards it as "russian propaganda".

Both gulf wars were started on a blatant lie in the media and the US meddeling in the background. Iraq was the golden country in the gulf. Nothing close to that anymore.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
@radekas :lol:

almost 9 out of ten Germans approved of Hitler, I guess his domestic politics were also not as bad as the US ones. Compared to Putin's propaganda machinery Göbbels was a pretty level-headed and objective dude. I wonder if the Russians&Crimeans approved of the annexion because they have been told that Ukrainian Nazi hordes are on their way to Sevastopol and they want to drink children's blood.
Hitler did a lot for Germany at the time. They were in ruins and he made them a world power.

If you think Russian propaganda is anywhere near the Nazi propaganda you should sue your history teacher.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Hitler did a lot for Germany at the time. They were in ruins and he made them a world power.

If you think Russian propaganda is anywhere near the Nazi propaganda you should sue your history teacher.
Regardless of whether Russian propaganda is as bad as Nazi propaganda(it most probably isn't tbh), Russian propaganda is still pretty unbelievable. The state controls most media outlets, do you not agree with that?

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Regardless of whether Russian propaganda is as bad as Nazi propaganda(it most probably isn't tbh), Russian propaganda is still pretty unbelievable. The state controls most media outlets, do you not agree with that?
I don't disagree with that, but to say it's worse than Nazi propaganda is exaggerated.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
The Spain analogy is an extremely poor one that removes context away from the discussion. I know you picked Spain randomly to make a point, but to me it makes a big difference. Spain's leader's are democratically elected, the only source of legitimacy Assad has is power and might. He was not democratically elected, he was not legitimately appointed. His father assumed control of Syria with a military coup and he inherited it to his son.

and yes, it is extremely sad what has happened in Syria. Despite all I am saying right now, I truly do believe it probably would have been better had the revolution not happened at this point of time. The one thing X was definitely right about, is that Arab countries are not ready for the kind of change people were hoping for with the Arab spring, in countries like Syria, Egypt, Libya and others people are just not educated enough to make the kind of changes people were hoping for possible. Look at Libya, we got rid of Geddaffi, but sprung up a bunch of warlords who grew up the "Geddaffi way", instead of having one tyrant, we now have a bunch of tyrants vying for power.

One word: Momentum. The Syrian's would not have revolted against the regime had it not happened in Tunisia and Egypt, Syrian people, the vast majority that took out to the streets were not funded and coordinated by the CIA, that's a preposterous claim, and one that is not supported at all by the links you posted. Maybe the opposition's political elite/militias were funded/armed/supported by the CIA, but not the hundreds of thousands of people that went out to the streets to revolt against the regime, those people were inspired by the revolutions that happened in Egypt and Tunisia.

Unless you believe the whole Arab spring was orchestrated by the CIA, which would be odd, because Mubarak was their staunchest ally in the region, in fact calling him an ally would be an extreme inaccuracy, he was a puppet.
your conclusions about Mubarak are oversimplified my friend:

http://www.copticassembly.org/showart.php?main_id=1908

http://www.haaretz.com/print-editio...s-replacing-egypt-as-regional-leader-1.270794

http://aangirfan.blogspot.com/2008/02/will-cia-topple-egypts-mubarak.html

those people were used and manipulated:

http://landdestroyer.blogspot.com/2011/12/2011-year-of-dupe.html

@Ocelot @Trequartista @Fake Melo @king Ale

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
And that's why most Russians support Putin, because they think he is bringing the good old world superpower days back. But as IgorTudor points out, that's nothing to do with how their foreign policy is perceived abroad. If you tell people that their nation can be richer, stronger and better then who is going to be against it? Only those with the conscience to see further than the end of their noses.

I don't know why Russia has to be the good guy in your argument, they are just a different kind of bad to the American approach.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
And that's why most Russians support Putin, because they think he is bringing the good old world superpower days back. But as IgorTudor points out, that's nothing to do with how their foreign policy is perceived abroad. If you tell people that their nation can be richer, stronger and better then who is going to be against it? Only those with the conscience to see further than the end of their noses.

I don't know why Russia has to be the good guy in your argument, they are just a different kind of bad to the American approach.
Look at my post in the previous pages.

Everyone in politics are worse than each other, there are no good guys.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2,893
    It's show for the braindead simpletons in front of their TVs at home who kiss their crucifix every time a cloud has the shape of a cross. Putin himself couldn't care less about religion. He wipes his ass with Jesus icons
    I know but that just shows how stupid those words of fighting extremists he is trying to use to kill a whole people for his own colonialist desires. He is trying to occupy Syria, but Syrians will teach him to behave politely when trying to touch free people there...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I know but that just shows how stupid those words of fighting extremists he is trying to use to kill a whole people for his own colonialist desires. He is trying to occupy Syria, but Syrians will teach him to behave politely when trying to touch free people there...
    i don't understand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)