Syrian civil war (13 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
It's virtually a fact that the US/various US agencies were responsible for a couple of coups (Allende, Guatemala, failed attempt at Pig's Bay...), but I haven't seen compelling evidence that they were behind this revolution/civil war. Of course they did at same stage support the rebel factions, but I don't think that they were behind it originally.
;)

Yes, this I believe completely. The events started on their own, and then the major powers tried to take advantage of it some way. That is not only believable but very probable.

But here's what I want to ask you, what have they benefited from Libya since the toppling of Geddaffi? In fact I'd say the West has paid a hefty price for it. The US ambassador was actually killed in Libya, and for Europe, the vast majority of illegal immigrants now come from Libya. We produce oil at less than 30% of our pre 2011 capacity, so it can't be oil either. Most embassies and other diplomatic presence is non existent in Libya

I'd say the West has actually been harmed by the Libyan revolution.
Nope, Syria, and we call them refugees :p
Otherwise agreed as usual :D

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Yes, this I believe completely. The events started on their own, and then the major powers tried to take advantage of it some way. That is not only believable but very probable.

But here's what I want to ask you, what have they benefited from Libya since the toppling of Geddaffi? In fact I'd say the West has paid a hefty price for it. The US ambassador was actually killed in Libya, and for Europe, the vast majority of illegal immigrants now come from Libya. We produce oil at less than 30% of our pre 2011 capacity, so it can't be oil either. Most embassies and other diplomatic presence is non existent in Libya

I'd say the West has actually been harmed by the Libyan revolution.
They got rid off a crazy dictator and the public seem to be happy that their countries helped removing a mad massmurderer with "humanitarian aid".

Obama scored points by looking like a tough guy. The world is a game for these guys, they don't care how Libya is now.

I agree with you, the West have been weakened indeed.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Because that was the closest Arab country with the most refugees allowed to vote.
Well as Lebanese myself, I can confirm that the corruption and manipulation in Lebanon isn't the best example.

Refugees were manipulated, promised many things and even some where threatened. It was never going to be fair and safe let alone a civilian Syrian going to any Syrian Embassy in the world and voting against Bashar. That would literally be committing a suicide.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2,828
    Now, he called for the help of Putin to help him against his people as usual. Russian airfighters hit three locations near Homs and Hama cities so far, and the funny thing is that none of these locations are under IS rule.

Does he imagine that bringing Russian airifghters will affect anything except shedding more blood of civilians? He tried Hezbollah fighters and failed. Then, tried Irani fighters and failed. Then, Afghani and Pakistani fighters, and most of them were arrested or killed. Then, begged for USA to bombard IS and Nosra, and they failed in making any impact except by making more massacres. Will Russian airfighters be different? Of course, no. But the blood of civilians is the target for such a deluded dictator.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
    Now, he called for the help of Putin to help him against his people as usual. Russian airfighters hit three locations near Homs and Hama cities so far, and the funny thing is that none of these locations are under IS rule.

Does he imagine that bringing Russian airifghters will affect anything except shedding more blood of civilians? He tried Hezbollah fighters and failed. Then, tried Irani fighters and failed. Then, Afghani and Pakistani fighters, and most of them were arrested or killed. Then, begged for USA to bombard IS and Nosra, and they failed in making any impact except by making more massacres. Will Russian airfighters be different? Of course, no. But the blood of civilians is the target for such a deluded dictator.
    Do you have any evidence of this? Pakistan have stayed neutral in this conflict.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    ;)

Nope, Syria, and we call them refugees :p
    Otherwise agreed as usual :D
    I should have been more clear. I was referring specifically to those that go via the midditeranean sea route to Italy, France, via North Africa. Before 2011, Algeria, Tunisia and Morocco were the illegal immigrant exporting countries in North Africa.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I should have been more clear. I was referring specifically to those that go via the midditeranean sea route to Italy, France, via North Africa. Before 2011, Algeria, Tunisia and Morocco were the illegal immigrant exporting countries in North Africa.
    That's highly debatable. Most migrants from those countries have family in Europe, which makes legal immigration a whole lot easier. To be honest with you I rarely see cases of illegal Algerian, Tunisian or Moroccan immigrants and there are a lot (I don't think you'd quite fathom how much) of Moroccan immigrants in Antwerp.

They got rid off a crazy dictator and the public seem to be happy that their countries helped removing a mad massmurderer with "humanitarian aid".

Obama scored points by looking like a tough guy. The world is a game for these guys, they don't care how Libya is now.

I agree with you, the West have been weakened indeed.
    Obama never looked like a tough guy to anyone.

Don't believe that CIA stages revolutions in countries where they don't like the government? Check out USA's history, check out 1954 Guatemalan coup d'état, check out bays of pig invasion, check out the 1953 Iranian coup d'état.

The US funded ISIS with weapons in Lybia to take out one dictator they didn't like, then they moved to Syria.
    The CIA helps staging revolutions and the US funds certain parties. They do not control these countries and parties though.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2,835
    Church says Russia fighting 'holy battle' in Syria

Moscow (AFP) - Russia's powerful Orthodox Church on Wednesday voiced support for Moscow's decision to carry out air strikes in Syria against the Islamic State group, calling it a "holy battle".

"The fight with terrorism is a holy battle and today our country is perhaps the most active force in the world fighting it," said the head of the Church's public affairs department, Vsevolod Chaplin, quoted by Interfax news agency.

Chaplin explicitly said the Church backs Russia's decision to deploy its airforce in Syria to attack Islamic State.

"This decision corresponds with international law, the mentality of our people and the special role that our country has always played in the Middle East," Chaplin said.

Russia's Orthodox Church, after years of repression under the Soviets, has regained much of its influence and built up close ties with the government despite a formal separation of Church and state. President Vladimir Putin is regularly depicted attending services.

--------------------

How sweet! Crusaders again and publicly :D

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    I don't regard it as a fact that the revolution was due to CIA influences.

Legitamacy in terms of international recognition does not give you any moral claims whatsoever (especially if the regime was heavily critisiced virtually everywhere), don't know why this is relevant.

As for the last part, not sure I understand your reasoning here. In chaos & wartime I'd argue that it's at times even easier for a minority with far superior financial & military resources to keep in power over a minority not in favor of them.

@Fred

back in 2011 wikileaks had outed CIA involvement

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/terr...veal-covert-US-support-for-Syria-s-opposition

also check out sibel edmonds shes really good, i posted some of her vlogs before

http://www.boilingfrogspost.com/201...rations-on-the-jordan-syria-border/#more-9506

by now it's pretty common knowledge

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...f45a9e-1114-11e5-adec-e82f8395c032_story.html

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)