Syrian civil war (14 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Assad's regime is not trying to take syria back to the stone age, let's not forget that if not for the west training/arming the opposition we would not be here.
That's not the point. They practice killing, torturing, raping, like ISIS. Different heads but same hands.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Actually the media talk about Assad's crimes and nobody thinks Assad is 'good'. We just don't care because Assad limits his terror to his own place and doesn't bring it here. So nobody cares about dictator #56847
I'm not sure I agree with you here.

Assad's regime crimes has spread into Lebanon, Iraq and Palestine. If you mean by own place as in the zone then yes I agree.

Another thing, I think the Western governments are also to blame for ISIS spreading out of Middle-East for too many reasons.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2,728
    One of the cartoons by the Syrian cartoonist Akram Raslan who was tortured to death inside the jails of Assad gangs...

Attachments

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    That's not the point. They practice killing, torturing, raping, like ISIS. Different heads but same hands.
    how is it not the point, youd rather have syria ruled by isis than Assad?

- - - Updated - - -

Too late by now. I believe no one can give you a fair answer.
    fair answer is work with Assad to bring back stability, maybe even force him to leave by a certain date, amnesty for everyone, this is not the first time this kind of stuff happens

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2,733
    Another work by the cartoonist Akram Raslan who was tortured to death inside the jails of Assad gangs...
    Very accurate.

Attachments

Mohad

The Ocean Star
    May 20, 2009
    fair answer is work with Assad to bring back stability, maybe even force him to leave by a certain date, amnesty for everyone, this is not the first time this kind of stuff happens
    This will even make things worse, like I said it's too late by now. If anything thousands of civilians will be sacrificed to bring back stability, and that means getting rid of Assad and ISIS at the same time.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2,736
    The Irani president now at UN: "We are ready to spread democracy at Syria and Yemen."

Personally, I did not see anything spread there by Iran except blood.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I mean it's obviously extremely difficult for anyone to get much reliable comprehensive information concerning the situation, but from how it seems to me after reading articles from different sides & discussions with some refugees, is that for the Syrian population Assad is just as much a threat as ISIS. This perception actually differs greatly from how things are portrayed in western media, understandably, where ISIS is sometimes even mentioned as the only perpetrator.

It's understandable of course, seeing as ISIS is openly and very agressively hostile towards the west, while Assad's motivations seem to be primarily power-driven, but it paints a very distorted picture.
    Uhh, the difference is that Assad is THE President of Syria, AND he's not threatening to attack every nation that doesn't comply with the Muslim BS.

Get rid of ISIS first, then think about the Assad regime. It's pretty simple.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
    I agree with @X and @Bjerknes.

The only person offering stability to Syria in the near future is Assad. What the US & Russia should do is to collaborate in helping Assad getting rid off ISIS. Only then will Syria see any stability. If you remove Assad, who is going to take over? Are people seriously saying that Assad is worse than ISIS?

If you remove the Syrian President, you will strengthen ISIS a great deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)