Swedish women infuriate Gaucci (1 Viewer)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Kiko ] ++

Hey, maybe Anna Kournikova can play football?:cheesy:

I mean she attempts playing tennis so why not?:D
naey, the football pants wont be skimpy enough for her to wear it. she wont be able to showcase her...qualities :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
why not a womens league?

It didn't work in the US with the WUSA, and there's probably no country that has a larger following of women's football than the US.

So, it probably wouldn't work anywhere else, either.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
why not a womens league?
football leagues' money = advertising/television rights

advertising = events with high publicity.

(Women's football) - (novelty factor) = low publicity

low publicity = low dividend

low dividend = no league for women

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -CSD- ] ++

naey, the football pants wont be skimpy enough for her to wear it. she wont be able to showcase her...qualities :D
GKs wear different kits don't they?if they can wear long pants and sleeves,i don't see why not really short ones;)

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++

It didn't work in the US with the WUSA, and there's probably no country that has a larger following of women's football than the US.

So, it probably wouldn't work anywhere else, either.
even lithuania has women football league. it is rather amateur but other contries have professional women leagues. ronaldo's wife plays for rayo vallecano. that is a professional club. americans just have different approach to this thing. no one expects women football to be commercially successful. that is why wusa failed.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
come to think of it Fli brings up a good point. We've been so used to the commercial angle on regular men's football that we tend to look at the womens in the same light.

Certainly im not downplaying the role of money in the success of a womens football league venture, but it can be supported in other ways too.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
Speaking of Gaucci..in the thread...any see the way in which his son reacted yesterday? he got into a scuffle with Lazio players during the match. he claimed he was surrounded by Lazio players after warning the ref against lazio's foul play. Fiore had the best comment saying "The field is for players and not for management." In the end, Gaucci Jr., Cosmi and I believe two Perugia players were ejected and Cosimi shouted "FORZA ROMA" on the way out to which Mancini was heading towards him but was stopped by his assistants. Its the Gaucci circus indeed.

Aug 1, 2003
FORZA ROMA? :howler: how lame, but still entertaining :D
i dunno josh, i never find women's football entertaining, their flow of the game is slower etc, probably because im too used to men's football :lick:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)