Swedish women infuriate Gaucci (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Swedish women infuriate Gaucci
Tuesday 18 November, 2003

President Luciano Gaucci has hit out at female stars Victoria Svensson and Hanna Ljungberg for turning down the chance to join Perugia.

Gaucci is hoping to make his club the first to field a woman in Serie A but things are not going according to plan.

Svensson revealed on Sunday that she wouldn’t be moving to Italy and Ljungberg has now mirrored her decision.

"I don’t think that women can compete against men on a regular basis," Svensson stated. "We would not be able to get the better of players such as Paolo Maldini and Alessandro Nesta."

Those comments were not well received by Gaucci who had pinpointed the two Swedish players in his latest headline grabbing transfer stunt.

"They’ve wasted three months of our time," the Umbrian chief told newspaper Aftonbladet. "If they didn’t feel like joining Perugia then they could have told me immediately.

"But I’m not giving up on my dream. A woman player will appear for my club and there are many that would love the opportunity to do so."

However, Ljungberg claims that she was only made an official offer last week and she wasn’t totally convinced by it.

Meanwhile, stories in Brazil report that one of their female internationals, Marta, could now be targeted by the Italian side.

However, the plan to sign a woman player may fail as the FIGC is already moving to tie up the loophole that would allow a female to play in a man’s team.

Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I read the thread title and thought "Still can't get laid eh?" :p

It actually would've been interesting to see women play in Serie A

Jul 12, 2002
:LOL: This is the perfect ending to this ridiculous story. When women are ready to compete (in a sporting sense) with men equally, they will, and it shouldn't happen as some sort publicity stunt.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
For once I agree! Gaucci AKA The PT Barnum of football should concentrate on helping his team win rather than getting them in the news: The Ben Johnson hiring, the firing of the Korean player, the Quadaffi signing..now this! CAFONE!
Oh yeah he also claimed a few weeks back that refs have a vendetta against Perugia

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
For once I agree! Gaucci AKA The PT Barnum of football should concentrate on helping his team win rather than getting them in the news: The Ben Johnson hiring, the firing of the Korean player, the Quadaffi signing..now this! CAFONE!
Oh yeah he also claimed a few weeks back that refs have a vendetta against Perugia
Wait...hold on, I'm still coming to terms with this...We are agreed, and you've put in a positive remark backed by both factual evidence and a logical argument...This is fantastic...:LOL: (you'll make it yet, I'm convinced)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
The Ben Johnson hiring, the firing of the Korean player, the Quadaffi signing..now this! CAFONE!
I like you a bit more now ;):p

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
:confused:I thought your australian:dontcare:
dude didn't u raise this with me before? I recall that the post said something like "gray what do you have to do with korea? You play the role of lawyer every time they're mentioned."

In reply, I said something like "Oh, nothing really... i just like them... oh, and my parents are Korean"

:p:p

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Wait...hold on, I'm still coming to terms with this...We are agreed, and you've put in a positive remark backed by both factual evidence and a logical argument...This is fantastic...:LOL: (you'll make it yet, I'm convinced)

Sing with me, everyone.......

"All we are saying, is give peace a chance"

If he wanted to have a female player in Serie A, why doesn't he try one of the US or Chinese nationals??

Fred, Gray lives in Australia, but he is South korean.

For the fifteenth time, already ;)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

dude didn't u raise this with me before? I recall that the post said something like "gray what do you have to do with korea? You play the role of lawyer every time they're mentioned."

In reply, I said something like "Oh, nothing really... i just like them... oh, and my parents are Korean"

:p:p
sorry mate yes i do remember me telling you that*feeling embarassed*but i never went back to that thread so i didnt see your reply
hehee forgive me for that will you?:cheesy:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
If he wanted to have a female player in Serie A, why doesn't he try one of the US or Chinese nationals??
Agreed.

Fred, Gray lives in Australia, but he is South korean.
That's a big assumption to make Sergio... actually, both my grandparents on my father's side are from North Korea. They didn't know eachother in NK, but when the war started, they both fled to the South. They met there and got married, and since nationality is usually considered the same as your father's, I guess that would make me North Korean :p

There's something to go and tell ur friends about... u're in daily contact with a communist :p (i hope i don't offend any follow north koreans here when i say that)

++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
hehee forgive me for that will you?:cheesy:
Never!!!

Oops, sorry...typo...

I meant yes :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Oops, I just assumed, and you know what that does.

Sorry, you Pinko Commie Bastard!!!;):D:D

I consider you a friend, and that's the important thing.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
Why? Isn't Hanna Ljungberg considered as one of the best woman players? Or wasn't skill the issue here? Why one of the Chinese nationals?

gray

Apr 22, 2003

I consider you a friend, and that's the important thing.
I (seriously) wonder what it would have been like if you'd known all this from the beginning. Would you still be saying the same thing? I'm not calling u shallow/judgmental/racist btw ;)

++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++

Why? Isn't Hanna Ljungberg considered as one of the best woman players? Or wasn't skill the issue here? Why one of the Chinese nationals?
I remember one of the last WWC finals was between the US and China. That's when Brandi Chastain took off her shirt :eek:

:p

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I (seriously) wonder what it would have been like if you'd known all this from the beginning. Would you still be saying the same thing? I'm not calling u shallow/judgmental/racist btw ;)

You're kidding me, right??

Look, it's not where you're from, it's who you are.

You could live right down the street from me, but if you're a jerk, I'm not going to like you just because you're from the same country as me.
Please don't lump me into that "ugly American" pool, I get the feeling sometimes that I'm not welcome here simply because I am american, and we're not exactly the darlings of the world right now. Not by you, obviously, or the moderators, but by some people. I can just sense it in the way that they respond to some of my posts, but that's cool.

Damn, gray.

Sep 28, 2002

You're kidding me, right??

Look, it's not where you're from, it's who you are.

You could live right down the street from me, but if you're a jerk, I'm not going to like you just because you're from the same country as me.
Please don't lump me into that "ugly American" pool, I get the feeling sometimes that I'm not welcome here simply because I am american, and we're not exactly the darlings of the world right now. Not by you, obviously, or the moderators, but by some people. I can just sense it in the way that they respond to some of my posts, but that's cool.

Damn, gray.
calm down sergie, i like you :D

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
Gaucci is just a clown, I don't think these girls ever wanted to go there but of course they were interested in what they could offer. From what I have heard the contracts were not very impressive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)