Mattias Jonson, Djurgarden
Kim Källström, Rennes
Henrik Larsson, Barcelona/Helsingborg
Tobias Linderoth, FC Copenhagen
Fredrik Ljungberg, Arsenal
Markus Rosenberg, Ajax
Anders Svensson, Elfsborg
Christian Wilhelmsson, Anderlecht

A little sensation is that three young guys Fredrik Stenman, Karl Svensson & John Alvbåge was namned.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Rosenberg is in great form, I'm hoping he'll get some chances to play. The squad is looking pretty good imo.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Key players are Linderoth, Ibrahimovic and Isaksson. Linderoth is quality, probably the most underrated player in Swedens nation team. I think he'll be a huge success in this world cup and I don't think he will play for Copenhagen next year. Ibrahimovic always produces in the NT and Isaksson is always amazing. The problem is the right back, there's only crap back there, perhaps if Stenman could play there but I don't like left footed players on that spot. Perhaps if Alexandersson could play there once more, though in my opinion he´s past his prime. Otherwise the backline looks fine, the whole team looks solid. Sweden could go veeery far if they get a good start.

Players to watch: Ibra, Willhelmsson and maybe Källström (he's been amazing for Rennes this year).

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Matteo10 said:
TBH I see several reasons why he shouldn't have picked Zlatan.
Although he's poor in Juventus, he always plays very well for Sweden. He scored 8-9 goals in the qualifiers, some of them very vital. Not as big of an ego there either for some reason.

Matteo..

Apr 30, 2006
Sadomin said:
Although he's poor in Juventus, he always plays very well for Sweden. He scored 8-9 goals in the qualifiers, some of them very vital. Not as big of an ego there either for some reason.
His ego would be my reason not to select him though. The WC lasts several weeks. Imagine what can happen with him and Ljungberg being there ;).

OP
Loppan

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14
    Sweden played a friendly today against Finland and it ended 0-0. It showed that Sweden have some problem with the defenders on the right wing and they were played out by Finland in the first half but it got better in the second. Zlatan, Larsson and Ljungberg didn't play so it can only get better from here.

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
    That game meant nothing really. It only showed that our starting attackers are 1. Zlatan, 2. Larsson 3. Allbäck 4. Elmander 5. Rosenberg. Nilsson is better of as a defender and Alexandersson is better of as a midfielder. Källström should get a place in the starting eleven against Trinidad Tobago. Stenman showed some talent in the few minutes he played. Our starting eleven should be:

-----------Isaksson-----------
    Nilsson Mellberg Lucic Edman
    ---------- Linderoth-----------
    Wilhelmsson------Ljungberg-
    -----------Källström-----------
    -------Zlatan---Henke--------

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I give you guys two more days before Zlatan starts causing problems.

Like "I want 500 000 euros for every game I have to play alongside that prick Ljunberg" or "I DID NOT headbut Larsson".

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
    Seven, you seem to know very little of Zlatan. I think you should stop letting all that crap in your mouth fly out. He feels very good playing with the squad, just like he always has. And if Zlatan starts fighting with Ljungberg, he won't be the first player in our team to do that.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Akerman said:
    Seven, you seem to know very little of Zlatan. I think you should stop letting all that crap in your mouth fly out. He feels very good playing with the squad, just like he always has. And if Zlatan starts fighting with Ljungberg, he won't be the first player in our team to do that.
    :howler:

I've seen Zlatan's arrogance within the Swedish team, and his continuous fights with Ljungberg have only made him look more stupid. As harsh as it may seem, Zlatan's just some street punk. He'll never have class, he'll never be good enough for Juve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)