Sweden WC-Squad (4 Viewers)

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
Yes he's haughty and quite lazy on the pitch, but this bashing has taken too big of proportions. Either the papers are too harsh or they are too sweat on him. He deserves neither. People's praise through the years has taken a blow on him. Everyone continously compare him to the biggest names in the sport and while he's not able to uphold those high expectations people, like those on this forum, holds him as one of the worst players ever to play for Juventus. That's pure bull. Whatever happend to those moments when he were called "Ibracadabra"? Are they forgotten? You seriously don't think he can serve us some good seasons in the future?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
I'm just worried about that if we sell him to Milan or Inter for example, he will start playing magnificent in the league and against us. That'll be embarrassing.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Akerman said:
Yes he's haughty and quite lazy on the pitch, but this bashing has taken too big of proportions. Either the papers are too harsh or they are too sweat on him. He deserves neither. People's praise through the years has taken a blow on him. Everyone continously compare him to the biggest names in the sport and while he's not able to uphold those high expectations people, like those on this forum, holds him as one of the worst players ever to play for Juventus. That's pure bull. Whatever happend to those moments when he were called "Ibracadabra"? Are they forgotten? You seriously don't think he can serve us some good seasons in the future?
I don't think he has ever played a good game in his life. Tricks and foul play, that's all the man got.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
That's why no one takes you seriously on the subject.

@ Boksic: Karl Svensson might just be the next Patrik Andersson for Sweden in the defensive line. He's got everything a defender needs except routine. Therefor I'm glad he reached Europe at only 22.
Elmander is a striker, a fast one. Has been namned top 5 best player in the Danish league for the second year running. Haven't done a lot of good games with the national team though, but obiviously he's doing good down there.

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
Elmander was a huge promising talent four years ago, but that's some quite time ago. Maybe he didn't break through like the experts first thought, but he's still good. Has been great in the danish league and will probably fit in well in the scottish league.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Just bought last minute tickets for the Sweden - Chile game (fortunately I live 5 minutes from the stadium). Cheap, but also very poor seats. I'll give you my impressions from the game, if I manage to see something.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Seven said:
:howler:

I've seen Zlatan's arrogance within the Swedish team, and his continuous fights with Ljungberg have only made him look more stupid. As harsh as it may seem, Zlatan's just some street punk. He'll never have class, he'll never be good enough for Juve.
I saw several posts of yours (need I even add they were about Zlatan, as bashing him is your main purpose in life) that included the word "class". Why did I find that worth noticing? Let's just say you're not one to pass such a verdict, seeing that your posts are everything but... class. :shifty:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Swede dreams of World Cup upset
By Nathan Mercer

Sweden are likely to start as underdogs when they meet England in the final World Cup Group B match on 20 June.

But Sven-Goran Eriksson's side will have to upset the record books if they are to beat their manager's compatriots for the first time in 38 years.

And Swedish midfielder Niclas Alexandersson told BBC Sport his team can cause England a shock again.

"We prefer being underdogs. We are more relaxed and don't have as much pressure on us when we play them," he said.

When the draw for the World Cup finals was announced on 9 December, there were many smiles from the England camp, particularly on the face of Swede Eriksson.

But there would have been knowing grins from the Swedish contingent because of the Scandinavians' recent record against the English.

The last time England managed a victory over the Swedes was in 1968 when Martin Peters, Bobby Charlton and Roger Hunt were on the scoresheet in a rare 3-1 win.

And when the two sides line up in Cologne, the Blagult (blue and yellow) as they are known, will again fancy their chances of upsetting the English.

Alexandersson, who plays for IFK Gothenburg, told BBC Sport: "It seems like even though we have this good record against England, we still come up as underdogs every time.

"There has never been any pressure on us to beat them and we have always done better when that is the case. We prefer being the underdogs as we are more relaxed and don't have as much pressure on us when we play them.

"The expectations are higher for England and they won't be happy unless they are in the semi-finals, that will work as an advantage to us.

"We have raised our standards when we played against good teams. It will be more of an open game now."

Alexandersson scored Sweden's equaliser in the 1-1 draw at the 2002 World Cup in Japan and has re-established himself as a regular in coach Lars Lagerback's line-up.

And the former Everton, West Ham and Sheffield Wednesday utility man is confident that the current squad have the star quality to provide a shock in this year's tournament.

He said: "We know if we have a good day we can beat any team.

"The difference with Sweden now, compared to five or 10 years ago, is that some of our players are playing in the biggest clubs in Europe, not just in England but with Zlatan Ibrahimovic at Juventus and Henrik Larsson at Barcelona.

"We have players in top clubs that have become individual stars in their own right and we haven't had that for a while.

"Before, it was always based on team spirit and hard work with no stars. Now we have famous players with experience of playing in the Champions League.

"That takes away a bit of our respect for the big countries and those players also know what it's like to play against the big players each week.

"Our players know how to play against them and get used to coming up against them."

Eriksson is still highly thought of in his homeland and Alexandersson is relishing the latest encounter with his countryman.

"There is always a lot of hype and build-up when we play against Sven, but once you get on the pitch you don't think about it too much. It's like playing against a good friend.

"I think the criticism of him has been unjust as he has got a good record in his matches.

"If you look at the managers who have been before him I don't think they had that direct criticism on him, and the high expectations on England make it hard for anyone to manage them."

Eriksson is still in search of his first win over his homeland after two friendly draws and the World Cup stalemate in Japan.

And he knows he must overturn an impressive record and a bullish Sweden camp if he is to return home with his pride intact.

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/sweden/4759699.stm

=================================
Seven, I'm gonna need to ask you to back off Zlatan for the next few games, we (Sweden) need him to perform 100% :scared:

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Zé Tahir said:
Seven, I'm gonna need to ask you to back off Zlatan for the next few games, we (Sweden) need him to perform 100% :scared:
And he won't be able to do that unless "Seven" is off his back. Makes sense.

OP
Loppan

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #32
    The swedish line-up against T & T:

Shaaban
    Alexanderson - Mellberg - Lucic - Edman
    Wilhelmsson - Linderoth - Svensson - Ljungberg
    Zlatan - Larsson

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)