Surprised This Hasn't Been Mentioned Yet (2 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
ye actuaLly he is danish. to an american they are all the same ;)
He's an American. Don't you get it? He's donut... a *%#$ing donut.

Ich bin ein Berliner...

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Strange really, just as this thread was made, I've seen one of Buffon's worst performances.

against Lecce the defense really really sucked, but so did buffon.

True that he couldn't do much for Lecce's last 2 goals, but he messed up the first two.
he could have delt with the first one a lot better, and the second was just terrible! the ball was so close to him yet he went for the punch and missed the ball completely! just aweful!

it's a shame to see him crash like this.. italia really need him on top of his game for Euro 2004.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
It seems that Buffon read this thread and got demoralised.

Good one Des :wallbang:

You must be feeling really smart right now, eh? :D

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #125
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    I can understand you making a thread this season, and his first season too, but last season? For what? He was brilliant last season. He was voted keeper of the year and MVP of the CL.
    i wasn't impressed with him in the first half of the season.true he was brilliant in the CL and probably deserved it(the award).but keeper of the year is pushing it a bit since his performances in serie a were nothing out of this world(which was why i started the thread) and last year also included the second half of the 02/03 season,which was pretty dismal.

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #128
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    it's a shame to see him crash like this.. italia really need him on top of his game for Euro 2004.
    toldo's more than ready to replace him.:)

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #129
    ++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
    It seems that Buffon read this thread and got demoralised.

Good one Des :wallbang:

You must be feeling really smart right now, eh? :D
    what can i say,this thread worked like a charm:D

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    Toldo to replace him?? He has screwed up alot this season!! Alot more then buffon, whom u must rememember is only human. The 'Bests' in football always get critisized when they have a bad patch.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Veryone have bad days.

I dont know if Buffon is the best.,... but he is very consistant...and jut a few errors will not make me want him out.

He is for sure one of our most reliable players. Who cares if he is not the best...he is just what we need.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++

I dont know if Buffon is the best.,... but he is very consistant...and jut a few errors will not make me want him out.
    Selling Buffon would be ignorant. I agree with Des, Gigi hasn't been near his usual self this season and imo hasn't been good enough to be called the world's best keeper anymore, but he's still a class act, and I'm confident that he'll regain form next season. As long as Moggi buys some quality defenders Gigi will be fine.

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #138
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

I agree with Des, Gigi hasn't been near his usual self this season and imo hasn't been good enough to be called the world's best keeper anymore, but he's still a class act, and I'm confident that he'll regain form next season. As long as Moggi buys some quality defenders Gigi will be fine.
    stu,my initial point was that he was never good enough to be called the best keeper in the world in the first place.imho his "usual self" was never that great.we've only seen one good patch of form in his three years here,and even then that was only in one competition.

the 'usual' buffon is no more than a good keeper imo.nothing more.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I disagree that he wasn't once/isn't the best keeper in the world

btw, how's Kahn progressing? I heard he's going blind. I'd make fun of him and say he was just making excuses for the Bobby Carlos goal, but I'll have some respect for one of the scariest monsters I've seen between the sticks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)