Surprise!!!!!!! 2-2 (2 Viewers)

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
Read the article at football Italia.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun22m.html

what a bunch of whiners. Cry babies. Talking about how this was a great Italian squad. Get out of here. Oddo was the only one who handled it like a professional but he needs to chat with his teammates before he says "we are not blaming anyone else," because clearly many of them are.

I try to root for the Azzuri, I really do. But stuff like this makes me sick. Let's not forget that when Sweden scored, Italy were still deadlocked, unable to get a second goal against a team with nothing to play for that had allowed 7 goals in its 2 prior matches. Yeah the Italians were undefeated but it is difficult to imagine being less impressive while doing so.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yeap Bigizz....

The only possitive thing... is that Trapatonni must be saked now.. no doubts about it. And please...dont put Lippe there in the azurri, he is a great tactician...but like Tra...he loves the cattenaccio.

Lets try with anothe coahc instead.

Viva Juve

Jun 1, 2004
Guys i too was one who blames refs/ fixed matches conspiracy blah! blah! blah! ....If we had put the chances against the swedes away we wouldnt b in this situation. Vieri was commented on saying before the denmark game 'Denmark Watch out' EH FOR WHAT MATE? If anyone had to watch out it was the fans with your woeful finishing. We gotta learn to finish matches off! instead of sitting back. Against the swedes we were awesome til the last 15min. Im not jus blaming Vieri here but Totti/ Italian media etc.... what a way to start a tournament aey. The world/Europe know we are the best. Just gets to me how things aways end up with the azzurri.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
To tell yuall the truth, I was confident that the game wouldn't be fixed, and as I watched it I was even more assured of that, but FFS what's up with Sorensen? He kept brilliantly for the entire game and then drops a routine catch to gift Sweden an equaliser. It's more than possible for players to make mistakes, afterall, they're only human beings, but I'm not sure I buy it.

I agree 100% with the people that said that the Italians should stop blaming others and take their licks like real men, but I still feel that they were somewhat unfaired. It's time to stop complaining, but the Azzurri were unfortunate in these European Championships and even more so in the 2002 WC.

In the Italy-Bulgaria thread I went on and on about Italy being robbed, and I must apologise. It is still my belief that Sorensen should have done alot better and that the Danes and Swedes wanted a 2-2 draw, but the majority of my comments were out of hate and sadness as I sat at the computer crying my eyes out for the second time in as many major tournaments.

My life sucks.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
IMO he made a misstake on the penalty too, should have been much more careful.

Anyways, these things happen to everyone, Maradona's hand of God for example... It's not like there's a worldwide pact against Italy, it's just the way life is.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Funny you should bring up the word penalty as Italy were robbed of one or two as replays showed me, while Sweden's was non-existent and Bulgaria's very controversial :down:

I hate my life

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
Yes Trap must be sacked...Italy should have played well in the first two and gurantee the qualification and so on..Yeah yeah yeah...all this is right

BUT Don't tell me that Sweden and Denmark didn't make a conspiracy...it's quite obvious ... look at the game and look at the second goal for Sweden .. Sorensen passed it to Sweden's striker (can't remember who he is)

I'm Proud of the Italian team in that game ... FORZA AZZURRI PER SEMPRE...

I hope that Sweden and Denmark loose in the quarter final

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And it seems like Italy has now had its fair share of troubled times. But people still gloat and laugh about it. Probably the same in Germany 2006.

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Funny you should bring up the word penalty as Italy were robbed of one or two as replays showed me, while Sweden's was non-existent and Bulgaria's very controversial :down:

I hate my life
In the seond half....look at what the Bulgarian defender did to Cassano..

The referee was BLIND

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

I hate my life
I feel you Stu. :down:

kweku

Jul 20, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Agree Marts.

Besides, the humour, the irony, the joy and the pain, all in the time span of 10 seconds... you cant not appriciate it, football at its best :D
I laughed my arse of when it finished 2-2 :D

Me too, hahaha

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
i just hope tomorrow everyone just stop taxing del piero,
its his fault too, but did the rest of the team played better,
he didnt scored but cora or vieri did?
casa didnt miss more?
the midfes couldn t give a 7meters right pass,
the def was right?
when all the team isnt going well, its clearly the coaches fault,
every player can give more if he is used corectly,
trap dislikes alex so he let him be that!
and people are there to loud it,oh anti-juve fans!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Freddy ] ++
Sorensen passed it to Sweden's striker (can't remember who he is)

Yup, that's what it looked like to me :down: He could've caught the ball or punched it with force but instead he opted to pad it into Jonson's path. I'll say it one more time, I can't stand life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)