[Supercoppa Italiana] JUVENTUS 2-3 Lazio [13th August, 2017] (8 Viewers)

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
5-75 mins we were atrocious. TBH we didn't look in great physical shape, but I think the mentality was well off.
Thanks.

What's confusing is our strength as a team is now in attack, yet we hampered that by playing Mandzukic and Cuadrado as our wingers, if we want to take the pressure off our midfield and defence, we can't be bedding in 85 million euro's worth of wingers, they have to start, Bernardeschi has played in Italy for nearly bloody 10 years he shouldn't be on the bench.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
-agree
-Rugani has shown good ability on the ball I hope eventually he will be able to replace Bonucci in that aspect
-Though he is a dick theres no denying how crucial Dani was.
-I have a feeling that Allegri dislikes Marchisio but hopefully I am very wrong.
-What can we expect when Benatia is starting. Very worried about our CBs going into the season. Wish those Manolas rumors were true.
-I have hope in De Sciglio but we may not want to risk on depending on him as a starting option.
-Douglas Costa is like dynamite. Should be starting immediately. That cross to Higuain was very similar to his assist for Lewandowski vs us in 2016 :(
-
I wouldnt worry about the starting lineup. Both Conte and Allegri have the idea that a new player cannot immediatly start and there have been extremely few exceptions.

So i wouldnt worry about Khedira either as Marchisio is considered "newly returned from injury". And obviously better

next game should see Sandro, Chiellini, Barzagli, Desciglio, marchisio, pjanic, Mandzukic, Dybala, Costa, Higuain start.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks.

What's confusing is our strength as a team is now in attack, yet we hampered that by playing Mandzukic and Cuadrado as our wingers, if we want to take the pressure off our midfield and defence, we can't be bedding in 85 million euro's worth of wingers, they have to start, Bernardeschi has played in Italy for nearly bloody 10 years he shouldn't be on the bench.
You really should know these things by now Nich.

We never start new signings unless there is a gaping hole.

Douglas Costa came in and Lazio got completely runneth over with his movement and ability. It seems exceptionally likely he'll start ahead of Cuadrado in the next game. His impact on the game was that great.

Thing is, Costa is moving all over the place. Which is disgusting for the opposition to mark, since both him and Dybala are running circles around the static markers.

So you kinda have to let the Bernardeschi idea go for now, cause we'll need that Manbro steel to balance it out. Especially with the issues we got at the flank.

A return to worldclass Marchisio or a very solid physical DM (nzonzi), and a much more impactfull RB would change this.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Thanks.

Bernardeschi has had no pre-season, that's why he is not starting. He went from U21 finals to holiday then limbo with Fiorentina, then turned up late for our US tour and played a few minutes. It'll take time for him to get into the team based on that. TBH some of this is applicable to Rugani too, and I'm sure it's what Allegri would say if you asked him.

I understand the panic but it's a long season.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Bernardeschi has had no pre-season, that's why he is not starting. He went from U21 finals to holiday then limbo with Fiorentina, then turned up late for our US tour and played a few minutes. It'll take time for him to get into the team based on that. TBH some of this is applicable to Rugani too, and I'm sure it's what Allegri would say if you asked him.

I understand the panic but it's a long season.
Meh, I'm not panicking that much, I'm kinda expecting a disappointing season, but I'd like to see our young/new players getting a chance sooner rather than later.

Rugani has to be the one starting now in defence, no excuses.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think we're going to see a random Juve team for the first 5-6 games, hopefully our home form keeps rolling and makes settling in easier and boosts confidence.

Genoa away second game is a real banana skin though, we often save our worst (and they their best) for that fixture. Early on we're a target for teams until we settle.

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
In my opinion we can not longer play with Pjanic and Khedira in midfield. It is time to change formation. We need a good MF and another CB
We do not need Keita. We are fine up front. Mandzukic, I feel sorry for him but he can be Higuain replacement. We need to return to a 3 man midfield.
and up front Dybala ( in free role) Costa and Higuain.

- - - Updated - - -

If we stay 4-2-3-1 we need a Nzonzi or simular player with Marchisio. That would mean Khedira and Pjanic out.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
We don't necessary need 3 man midfield, we can pair Pjanic with someone who can basically apply Mandzo's workrate and physicallity but at CM position. And field Berna instead of Mario. But we don't have this kind of CM (yet?).

EDIT: it's gonna be pretty noninspiring first couple of month again, we at lesat need to integrate two wingers, one RB, hopefully one CM and glue central defenders pair.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Meh, I'm not panicking that much, I'm kinda expecting a disappointing season, but I'd like to see our young/new players getting a chance sooner rather than later.

Rugani has to be the one starting now in defence, no excuses.
The best players start in defence, this isnt fucking genoa

- - - Updated - - -

In my opinion we can not longer play with Pjanic and Khedira in midfield. It is time to change formation. We need a good MF and another CB
We do not need Keita. We are fine up front. Mandzukic, I feel sorry for him but he can be Higuain replacement. We need to return to a 3 man midfield.
and up front Dybala ( in free role) Costa and Higuain.

- - - Updated - - -

If we stay 4-2-3-1 we need a Nzonzi or simular player with Marchisio. That would mean Khedira and Pjanic out.
:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

We don't necessary need 3 man midfield, we can pair Pjanic with someone who can basically apply Mandzo's workrate and physicallity but at CM position. And field Berna instead of Mario. But we don't have this kind of CM (yet?).

EDIT: it's gonna be pretty noninspiring first couple of month again, we at lesat need to integrate two wingers, one RB, hopefully one CM and glue central defenders pair.
Mandzukic will obviously play for quite a while, but Costa will replace cuadrado

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
you could see it with bernadeschi in his first pre-season game for us. he was out of breath after 10 minutes and failed to make anything work even though you could see that he is probably capable of doing something fancy.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
I didn't watch the game, just highlights. I don't consider the Supercup a real cup, it's more like a more important friendly, so I'm not too worried. Was the defense the main problem as I suspect?

May 26, 2016
This loss made me really angry. I dont care for this stupid cup, but our performance was just weak. That De Sciglio tackle Was the cherry on top and kind of a symbol to the frustrating state of our problems. I expect a total different mentality next games, even if we dont sign anyone.

Players need to man up. We lost important players and It can be difficult, but someone has to Step up and take responsibility. I Was hoping Benatia would take The opportunity to show himself. We looked like we lacked leadership, which was very dissapointing to see.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I dont think the trip and constant travelling helped. It would have been ok had we not lost traumatically in the CL but clearly we have mental issues.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)