[Supercoppa Italiana] JUVENTUS 2-3 Lazio [13th August, 2017] (1 Viewer)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
you'd think the CL final collapse would be, marotta clearly sitting around jerking off doing nothing but chasing useless transfer targets and signing trash for the most parts
:agree: I thought we would be angry and fired up at the mercato, breaking the bank to stack more quality into the team, not willing to put up with the humiliation. But Beppe acts like a blind racoon in a garbage container

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
you'd think the CL final collapse would be, marotta clearly sitting around jerking off doing nothing but chasing useless transfer targets and signing trash for the most parts
Im in denial on this tbh. I want to still think we have a plan.

But its difficult to not be negative. The season will start soon and things seems to not be falling in place. At this stage we should havd had everyone bought and making the final adjustments.... Not being as worried as we are now

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
We need a real DM Boss, who has good passing ability. I did see that during Kondogbia's Monaco days. I have not seen enough N'zonzi to really know if he has those characteristics. Then the RB issue, maybe Spinazzola could be the fix, and then save the money for that DM!

This match shows that Khedira, really just doesnt cut it anymore. playing him next to Pjanic just makes our midfield look so soft.

Mar 9, 2006
Higuain, Benatia, Khedira and Barzagli let us down in the first place, but i can't blame Barzagli because when you put super aggresive attacking player infront of 37 yeards old dude that have to cover his ass you gonna have problems, even blind can see it but not Allegri

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Hard to isolate any 1 bad performance as there were so many of them. Clearly Cuadrado was the one I was most annoyed with - he seemed to get everything wrong.

The team didn't look as sharp as Lazio. I suspect their pre-season physical training was better optimized for this game. Costa looked like he was on steroids when he came on.

Then again, I really thought we had the momentum when we equalized but we gave away that goal. De Sciglio in hindsight shouldn't have committed to that challenge unless he was much closer to the player. Otherwise, I am convinced we would have won the game.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I've seen this match 1000 times. Italian team puts 11 choppers between the goal and us and prays. We look sloppy and usually win but this time we have some bad individual mistakes like De Sciglio that put an end to us.

Starting Barzagli at RB is a really curious decision. It seems our defense is more unsettled with the loss of Alves than the loss of Bonucci. We have 2 other RBs and one was specifically requested by Allegri (I'd assume) and they are both benched? Get on the market pronto Marotta.

And it's not really a surprise that we struggled initially with Mandzu and Cuadrado. Cuadrado is in horrible form and probably unsettled a bit. Mandzukic is not a winger and never will be. He does his best and if used absolutely perfectly, he can fake it on the wing. But it is hard for him to make a proper impact that a traditional winger would make against these teams that stack their whole 11 within 10 metres.

I mean, this is surely the reason we bought Costa and Berna.

But we still have to address RB and CM. Someone will come but will they be good enough is the question.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I was thinking during this match that we needed someone like Vidal. Not just for his presence but his personality. Honestly if there was a Vidal like player in this team it would make such a huge difference. At this point I also would prefer Lichsteiner over MDS - just for his attitude alone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)