[Supercoppa Italiana] JUVENTUS 2-3 Lazio [13th August, 2017] (8 Viewers)

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
I was thinking during this match that we needed someone like Vidal. Not just for his presence but his personality. Honestly if there was a Vidal like player in this team it would make such a huge difference. At this point I also would prefer Lichsteiner over MDS - just for his attitude alone.
Bonucci was such a player too. I don't miss his football or defending skills, but we might miss his precence, being there with wide chest.

Buy on AliExpress.com

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I've seen this match 1000 times. Italian team puts 11 choppers between the goal and us and prays. We look sloppy and usually win but this time we have some bad individual mistakes like De Sciglio that put an end to us.

Starting Barzagli at RB is a really curious decision. It seems our defense is more unsettled with the loss of Alves than the loss of Bonucci. We have 2 other RBs and one was specifically requested by Allegri (I'd assume) and they are both benched? Get on the market pronto Marotta.

And it's not really a surprise that we struggled initially with Mandzu and Cuadrado. Cuadrado is in horrible form and probably unsettled a bit. Mandzukic is not a winger and never will be. He does his best and if used absolutely perfectly, he can fake it on the wing. But it is hard for him to make a proper impact that a traditional winger would make against these teams that stack their whole 11 within 10 metres.

I mean, this is surely the reason we bought Costa and Berna.

But we still have to address RB and CM. Someone will come but will they be good enough is the question.
I write off the whole game as Max's unwillingness to change too many things too quickly. He'll bring in the new boys slowly and we'll be fine. I'd be pissed at losing this match if it was in the middle of the season like last year.
Also Barza shouldn't be starting. The second goal was a result of Barza committing to a ball he was never going to win. Did that multiple times last night. He doesn't have the legs to track back once he makes a mistake.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Provincial trophies don't really mean much tbh
Mickey Mouse trophy.But after we lose the game and here on TUZ.Before ,it's a important trophy for everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

at least this was a good reality check
Actually a painful one.Watching how Lukaku is making a fool out of De Sciglio and our defense looks like a swiss cheese in the dying moments of the game.So frustrating.

- - - Updated - - -

you'd think the CL final collapse would be, marotta clearly sitting around jerking off doing nothing but chasing useless transfer targets and signing trash for the most parts
Especially in the year that we earned most of UEFA we act on the mercato like we exit CL in the group stages.

- - - Updated - - -

Allegri was screaming at chiellini as they were waiting for the tophy after it ended
He was doing the same last year at Doha too.It's his fault at first place.Didn't prepare the team at the preseason.Lazio looks 10 times better prepared at this stage.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Anyone who think this trophy didn't matter is an idiot.

We always go full force in these games to try and win. Thing is Lazio outplayed us and Cardiff fucked this team up more then we thought.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I was thinking during this match that we needed someone like Vidal. Not just for his presence but his personality. Honestly if there was a Vidal like player in this team it would make such a huge difference. At this point I also would prefer Lichsteiner over MDS - just for his attitude alone.
It's interesting how almost everyone is looking for a some Vidalesque type of a player .Back then when he was sold the majority of TUZ community defends that move by Marotta with a little million of reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

This season's jersey looks a lot like the one in Ferrara's season.
Maybe we will play like in that season....

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
We need a real DM Boss, who has good passing ability. I did see that during Kondogbia's Monaco days. I have not seen enough N'zonzi to really know if he has those characteristics. Then the RB issue, maybe Spinazzola could be the fix, and then save the money for that DM!

This match shows that Khedira, really just doesnt cut it anymore. playing him next to Pjanic just makes our midfield look so soft.
100%

Either find players suited to a two man midfield or change to a three man. It was reminiscent of the CL final. Our midfield didn't match up. We were badly outnumbered in the middle of the ground. Pjanic was isolated at the back together with Chiellini and Benatia and the only way through Lazio's press were low percentage passes to the feet of the front four players. When they do receive a pass with their backs to goal there's no one in front of them to pass back to.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
It's interesting how almost everyone is looking for a some Vidalesque type of a player .Back th when he was sold the majority of TUZ community defends that move by Marotta with a little million of reasons.
back then when we sold Vidal, Marotta's glorious mercato's were still fresh in memory and everyone thought that Lemina&Khedira will turn to gold like everything that Beppe touched back then, unfortunately his midfield luck ran out

_GGB_

Jun 28, 2006
We are soft.. mentally weak.. weve thrown away 2 italian super cups..

We still need to strengthen this squad upfront and at back , until we do we wont be anywhere near as dominant as previous years

Xorim

Aug 31, 2015
Imho we lost this in the midfield.
>So many lost balls while going forward
>Nobody free in the center to distribute the ball
>No grinta in the center, Pjanic (a lil better) and Khedira (worse) didn't offer much. I think even sturaro/rincon would have been a better MF for this game

overall flops: cuadrado (at least he tried, but everything went wrong), mandzukic (inexistent), khedira, benatia
unblamed: barzagli (out of position), higuain (he got no good balls tbh)
positive: dybala, costa (seemed headless, but he was on fire)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I have high hopes for this team once it gels but we clearly miss someone in the middle who can defend and provide help in the build up play

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
So i havent watched most of the game, but seen analysis and highlights and i had this idea :

- We decided as always to start without any new players
- We were horrible in building from the back and severely miss bonucci
- We need overlapping fullbacks according to @Osman and i kinda agreed with it. Need a way to depart from the side of via pjanic
- Khedira is as i said, black particle dogpoo. We need Marchisio in the center. Especially since he's masterfull in supporting players by always giving them a short pass solution, and he has the range to either give it to pjanic, long to the other wing, to a fullback, or over the defence to a winger.
- Our central defence was actually quite bad.
- De Sciglio isnt finished over 1 mistake, but he hasent exactly shown anything worthy of starting either.
- Douglas Costa is a gamechanger and specifically his movement which confused markers on him and Dybala. Douglas effectively killing the marking on Dybala. Now say what you want of Costa, but beeing able to do that WILL give a tremendous boost to Dybala. Think barcelona game where he was freed cause they had marking on Higuain. Costa moving all over the place and knowing how to do this was awesome. ( @Osman your opinion ? I'd like Costa in a free role as a result)

- There is alot of potential in this team. But without Bonucci, we need an upgrade over De Sciglio. Barza/Chiellini With Rugani comming up is fine for me. But both fullbacks need to be awesome

Do comment please

Aug 1, 2003
Never cared about pre season or the supercup. Dont recall a good pre season campaign under allegri but here we are with doubles and cl finals. Once the season excl supercup starts thats all that matters

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
looks like we'll start slow just like last time we came close to a treble, hopefully this time we find our feet sooner than we did in 2015/16, I don't want another torture like that

May 23, 2013
So i havent watched most of the game, but seen analysis and highlights and i had this idea :

- We decided as always to start without any new players
- We were horrible in building from the back and severely miss bonucci
- We need overlapping fullbacks according to @Osman and i kinda agreed with it. Need a way to depart from the side of via pjanic
- Khedira is as i said, black particle dogpoo. We need Marchisio in the center. Especially since he's masterfull in supporting players by always giving them a short pass solution, and he has the range to either give it to pjanic, long to the other wing, to a fullback, or over the defence to a winger.
- Our central defence was actually quite bad.
- De Sciglio isnt finished over 1 mistake, but he hasent exactly shown anything worthy of starting either.
- Douglas Costa is a gamechanger and specifically his movement which confused markers on him and Dybala. Douglas effectively killing the marking on Dybala. Now say what you want of Costa, but beeing able to do that WILL give a tremendous boost to Dybala. Think barcelona game where he was freed cause they had marking on Higuain. Costa moving all over the place and knowing how to do this was awesome. ( @Osman your opinion ? I'd like Costa in a free role as a result)

- There is alot of potential in this team. But without Bonucci, we need an upgrade over De Sciglio. Barza/Chiellini With Rugani comming up is fine for me. But both fullbacks need to be awesome

Do comment please
-agree
-Rugani has shown good ability on the ball I hope eventually he will be able to replace Bonucci in that aspect
-Though he is a dick theres no denying how crucial Dani was.
-I have a feeling that Allegri dislikes Marchisio but hopefully I am very wrong.
-What can we expect when Benatia is starting. Very worried about our CBs going into the season. Wish those Manolas rumors were true.
-I have hope in De Sciglio but we may not want to risk on depending on him as a starting option.
-Douglas Costa is like dynamite. Should be starting immediately. That cross to Higuain was very similar to his assist for Lewandowski vs us in 2016 :(
-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)