[Supercoppa Italiana - Final] JUVENTUS 1-3 Lazio [December 22nd, 2019] (10 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Whats strange about that? it happens all the time. Its not just a money or club stature question, if the coach and the club dont agree on what the objectives are, and how to get there, they dont accept the offer. For Allegri, Arsenal was millions of pounds in the EPL compared to his current unemployment.

Conte at Juve was getting paid millions and then quit because he didnt agree on the project. He chose to leave and become unemployed because of the details. He didnt just say oh I am so lucky to be working at Juve and making good money. Conte spoke out at Chelsea too when he didnt get the resources he was promised and got the sack.

Mourinho spoke out about the UTD management not giving him the resources too and got the sack. He didnt say oh my I am so lucky to be at the richest club in the world I will shut up and ride this while it lasts.

It happens in business too outside of football. You don't just gush over an offer from a big company if you think the targets they are setting for you are unrealistic. Thats career suicide. Getting hired at a big place, earning a few good months of salary and then getting sacked is very short sighted. You have your credibility and your career beyond that contract to protect.

And if its a leadership position, if the leader/coach is not convinced of the objective and the plan, that will transmit to the squad and the failure will be double. So yes if he gushed over being offered a Juve job and accepted it despite not believing in the plan, then its definitely his fault ..even more so than management's.
I like how you sneaked in the "Mourinho only got 500m to spend and they didn't give him enough resources" part :lol:

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
it has been a long time i got chance to watch Juventus on tv instead of a shitty lagging stream. i felt insulted by the pathetic performance.

Don’t think the performance was pathetic. Saw the highlights. We simply lack sharpness on the final ball.

This is purely down to fatigue I guess. When you have a midfield like ours, even strikers have to exhaust energy to contribute in midfield

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
nobody gives a shit about the el. he schooled us twice in two weeks, he deserves all credit for it.
you'd give a shit if we lost to celtic twice

- - - Updated - - -

What annoys me is how bonucci is saying how lazio are in peak condition both physically and mentally, sorry but how are we not able to match that?

Jun 6, 2015
Whats strange about that? it happens all the time. Its not just a money or club stature question, if the coach and the club dont agree on what the objectives are, and how to get there, they dont accept the offer. For Allegri, Arsenal was millions of pounds in the EPL compared to his current unemployment.

Conte at Juve was getting paid millions and then quit because he didnt agree on the project. He chose to leave and become unemployed because of the details. He didnt just say oh I am so lucky to be working at Juve and making good money. Conte spoke out at Chelsea too when he didnt get the resources he was promised and got the sack.

Mourinho spoke out about the UTD management not giving him the resources too and got the sack. He didnt say oh my I am so lucky to be at the richest club in the world I will shut up and ride this while it lasts.

It happens in business too outside of football. You don't just gush over an offer from a big company if you think the targets they are setting for you are unrealistic. Thats career suicide. Getting hired at a big place, earning a few good months of salary and then getting sacked is very short sighted. You have your credibility and your career beyond that contract to protect.

And if its a leadership position, if the leader/coach is not convinced of the objective and the plan, that will transmit to the squad and the failure will be double. So yes if he gushed over being offered a Juve job and accepted it despite not believing in the plan, then its definitely his fault ..even more so than management's.
Allegri is still on our payroll. He is paid millions while doing nothing, I'd take that over coaching Arsenal too.

- - - Updated - - -

What annoys me is how bonucci is saying how lazio are in peak condition both physically and mentally, sorry but how are we not able to match that?
7kP1pn79_400x400.jpg

SimoneInzaghiLazio_MAIN.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2015
The problem was that Lazio didn't even need to counter. Lazio is really good at transitioning fast from their own half to an attack. They simply played a short goal kick and passed it between Acerbi and Strakosha for a bit, baiting us forward, before launching it long and attacking against us on an open field. They did this time after time for two straight games and we took the bait every single time. We looked like a team without a brain.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
In every league you have one or two "smaller" teams which, in certain part of the season, are almost unplayable. This usually happens before March, when these teams start losing ground.
Bonucci is saying that Lazio reached top condition in December. It would be an educated guess to say that in the last 3 months of the season they won't be able to keep the tempo and they will start losing points to teams like SPAL or Brescia. The top teams are expected to peak in March and keep it until late May, while, in the meantime, they will do just enough to be on top or near the top of the league standings.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
In every league you have one or two "smaller" teams which, in certain part of the season, are almost unplayable. This usually happens before March, when these teams start losing ground.
Bonucci is saying that Lazio reached top condition in December. It would be an educated guess to assume that in the last 3 months of the season they won't be able to keep the tempo and they will start losing points to teams like SPAL or Brescia. The top teams are expected to peak in March and keep it until late May, while, in the meantime, they will do just enough to be on top or near the top of the league standings.
believe me some here think Inzaghi is the next best thing in football management and should be in charge of Juve

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
believe me some here think Inzaghi is the next best thing in football management and should be in charge of Juve
Maybe he is.
He is not coaching Juve and he doesn't have the squad to play in cruising mode until the last third of the season. Just like Sarri with Napoli. He too knows that at the end of the season he will have trouble, but if his team does enough until March or April, then he will achieve more than what was expected of Lazio before the start of the season and he'll be in top 4 after 38 rounds.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I don't like the fact that if we are where we are now, first matches back are against cagliari and roma, potential banana skin ties there, we could already be in trouble if we aren't already

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe some, but most simply think he isn't the clueless bum you make him out to be.
come back at the end of the season and we'll compare notes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)