[Supercoppa Italiana - Final] JUVENTUS 1-3 Lazio [December 22nd, 2019] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Van Helsing

Oct 2, 2007
our midfield is not compatible with sarriball. too slow, static and average passing skills. I can't blame to Sarri for that weak midfielders and not having plan B. it was a choice of management to appoint him.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Don't have faith in Sarri, don't have faith in some players but I have 100% faith in Agnelli and Neddy, if they wanna chop and change, they will otherwise hold on tight, it was never gonna be easy. Fino alla Fine.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
can all agree give credit to lazio though? they have a very impressive starting 11 and a coach that knows how to play to their strengths.

too bad they lack depth, otherwise they would actually challenge for scudetto

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
our midfield is not compatible with sarriball. too slow, static and average passing skills. I can't blame to Sarri for that weak midfielders and not having plan B. it was a choice of management to appoint him.

And his choice to accept the offer, knowing the season's objectives and the resources at his disposal. Allegri turned down Arsenal based on the project details TWICE.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
what bullshit is this? you think coaches will say no to juve and coaching ronaldo and getting paid millions cuz the team doesnt have right project details? and then u compare it to arsenal? are u mad

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
what bullshit is this? you think coaches will say no to juve and coaching ronaldo and getting paid millions cuz the team doesnt have right project details? and then u compare it to arsenal? are u mad
Whats strange about that? it happens all the time. Its not just a money or club stature question, if the coach and the club dont agree on what the objectives are, and how to get there, they dont accept the offer. For Allegri, Arsenal was millions of pounds in the EPL compared to his current unemployment.

Conte at Juve was getting paid millions and then quit because he didnt agree on the project. He chose to leave and become unemployed because of the details. He didnt just say oh I am so lucky to be working at Juve and making good money. Conte spoke out at Chelsea too when he didnt get the resources he was promised and got the sack.

Mourinho spoke out about the UTD management not giving him the resources too and got the sack. He didnt say oh my I am so lucky to be at the richest club in the world I will shut up and ride this while it lasts.

It happens in business too outside of football. You don't just gush over an offer from a big company if you think the targets they are setting for you are unrealistic. Thats career suicide. Getting hired at a big place, earning a few good months of salary and then getting sacked is very short sighted. You have your credibility and your career beyond that contract to protect.

And if its a leadership position, if the leader/coach is not convinced of the objective and the plan, that will transmit to the squad and the failure will be double. So yes if he gushed over being offered a Juve job and accepted it despite not believing in the plan, then its definitely his fault ..even more so than management's.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
oh my I am so lucky to be at the richest club in the world I will shut up and ride this while it lasts.
:agree:

That's what managers who got their jobs more due to luck and fortunate circumstances rather than thanks to their professional level do. Like Pioli when he was at Inter. They cling to their jobs because they know it's likely their once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and they don't really belong there. Which means that if this is the mindset of your coach then you made a huge mistake by appointing him.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Our midfield's lack of tenacity and pace was cruelly exposed in this encounter. Lazio were able to bypass our midfield with ease. What's the point of having possession if you're too slow, sluggish and static to do anything with it? Every time we received the ball, we just passed it around with ZERO end product, allowing Lazio the opportunity to set up their defense and comfortably deal with anything we throw at them. Even in the last 10-15 minutes, we lacked urgency and rarely looked like troubling them.

At least in the league encounter we were decent until Bentancur was sent off; here, we were pathetic for the entire game.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Would've liked to win this even though it's the least important trophy and doesn't bode well that we lost to the same team back to back no matter whether it happened before or not, but like clockwork, the bovines are really grazing tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)