Summer Transfers (1 Viewer)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++
From the BBC:-

On-loan Fulham midfielder Junichi Inamoto is hoping his move from Gamba Osaka can become a permanent one.
"I hope I will still be here next season because there are great players and great staff," Inamoto said.

"I have felt good this season and I hope that I can keep my concentration and carry that on to next season.

"There will be good things happening here and it would be great to be part of it. There is a lot to look forward to," he told the Cottagers' website.
i thought Inamoto is back to Arsenal.or at least thats what i read in BBC.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #82
    Real Madrid striker Fernando Morientes says he does not know who he will be playing for next season.
    The Spaniard, who has been linked with Chelsea and Arsenal, has returned to Real after a spell on loan at Monaco.

"I'd love to know where I'll be playing next season but as it doesn't depend on me, I'm calm about it," the 26-year-old told Spanish newspaper El Pais.

Morientes, who has two years left on his deal, had said in May that a deal to join an unnamed club was "90% done".

Morientes had a prolific spell at Monaco, including scoring two goals against Chelsea to help the French team reach the Champions League final.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Thanks for posting all the articles Pat :thumb:

I wonder how Morientes is getting treated in Madrid :LOL:

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    I wonder how Morientes is getting treated in Madrid :LOL:
    I've also been wondering that. I heard he's a very well liked player (or was before he left), so his (short?) return could result in some players being upset at the management.

I hope Real just ship him off to antoher club if they have no intention of keeping him.

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

I've also been wondering that. I heard he's a very well liked player (or was before he left), so his (short?) return could result in some players being upset at the management.

I hope Real just ship him off to antoher club if they have no intention of keeping him.
    like they need money. although i am not surprised that if somebody checks their books finds a huge amount of debt

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    Don't bet on it Don. Three or four years ago, when UEFA began making noise about banning clubs that did not balance their books, Real Madrid was some $525 Million in debt. In came the Madrid City Government and purchased the Real training complex and surrounding land from the club for, you guessed it, $525 Million. Then the city leased the complex back to Real Madrid for a laughable amount of rent.

But then, the government has always helped Real Madrid while ignoring every other club in Spain. This was a main complaint during the reign of Franco.

OP
    Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #88
    Boro close in on Viduka

Leeds striker Mark Viduka will begin talks with Middlesbrough next week about a move to the Riverside.
    Boro have had a long-standing interest in the 28-year-old Australian international and remain the only club to have tabled an official bid for him.

Viduka, for sale at around £4m, is currently in Australia and negotiations will begin when he returns to the UK.

His agent Chris Page said: "We will be assessing Boro's interest now Leeds have told us we can talk to them."

Several other European clubs are interested in Viduka, with Roma and Benfica leading the chase.

But Leeds are keen to sell quickly to free up money for their own signings.

Elland Road boss Kevin Blackwell has already spoken to Everton goalkeeper Paul Gerrard and Coventry striker Julian Joachim.

And he is planning talks with Fulham striker Barry Hayles, Wolves defender Paul Butler and Manchester City midfielder Danny Tiatto.

OP
    Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #89
    Two seasons ago this guy was a £15 mil target for some of Europes biggest hitters - what happened to him?

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
    Ok some questions to Roverhboy who seems to keep this thread running well....

Funny that everyone is ignoring Werder Bremen wonder coach who is he and where will he end up??

I think Ottmar is in for the running of the NT spot if Voller screws up, Rudi is not popular amongst the federation....

I heard Celtic is looking at
    Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink of CHelsea
    whos becoming an Bosman this summer (right?)....

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
    Don't bet on it Don. Three or four years ago, when UEFA began making noise about banning clubs that did not balance their books, Real Madrid was some $525 Million in debt. In came the Madrid City Government and purchased the Real training complex and surrounding land from the club for, you guessed it, $525 Million. Then the city leased the complex back to Real Madrid for a laughable amount of rent.

But then, the government has always helped Real Madrid while ignoring every other club in Spain. This was a main complaint during the reign of Franco.

YEs but that was the right wing government
    at the time when the complex was leased there were both right wing (Franco Friendly) governments in the Region of Madrid and in the Nation of SPain...

2 years ago MAdrid got a left wing government and this spring Spain got one as well...

First thing Regional government did was proclaim the deal illicit....
    Forcing Madrid to buy the complex back allbeit not for the same amount of money....

and Now you can bet that the left wing government who sees Real Madrid as an old relic from the Franco era...
    Will hand them nothing for free....
    And Real may indeed face a tuff time...

(IT was also after the election and train bombings) That Real Madrid for went from good to useless but that could just be a conicidence...

But after the government switch the Reff's have been tuff with Real
    while in Winter Raul was getting gifts from the Reffs in form of penaltys so who knows

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++
    Two seasons ago this guy was a £15 mil target for some of Europes biggest hitters - what happened to him?
    Well Viduka was always a good player
    with great qualities

Just a little slow for Top Class football
    a knee and a back injury and 2 years older hasn't exactly made him any faster...

Now I would say he is at the stage
    that Sutton was when Celtic bought him....

OP
    Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #93
    ++ [ originally posted by Evelyn8 ] ++
    Ok some questions to Roverhboy who seems to keep this thread running well....

Funny that everyone is ignoring Werder Bremen wonder coach who is he and where will he end up??

I think Ottmar is in for the running of the NT spot if Voller screws up, Rudi is not popular amongst the federation....

I heard Celtic is looking at
    Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink of CHelsea
    whos becoming an Bosman this summer (right?)....

Do you mean Klaus Allofs or Thomas Schaaf at Bremen?

Hitzfeld could be going to a number of clubs or NT's. Anyone whose won two CL with two different clubs is in demand

And as for JFH your right, he has been linked as a replacement for Henke, but I think his wage demands will put an end to that potential move

OP
    Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #94

YEs but that was the right wing government
    at the time when the complex was leased there were both right wing (Franco Friendly) governments in the Region of Madrid and in the Nation of SPain...

2 years ago MAdrid got a left wing government and this spring Spain got one as well...

First thing Regional government did was proclaim the deal illicit....
    Forcing Madrid to buy the complex back allbeit not for the same amount of money....

and Now you can bet that the left wing government who sees Real Madrid as an old relic from the Franco era...
    Will hand them nothing for free....
    And Real may indeed face a tuff time...

(IT was also after the election and train bombings) That Real Madrid for went from good to useless but that could just be a conicidence...

But after the government switch the Reff's have been tuff with Real
    while in Winter Raul was getting gifts from the Reffs in form of penaltys so who knows

I look forward to see how this will pan out

OP
    Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #95

Well Viduka was always a good player
    with great qualities

Just a little slow for Top Class football
    a knee and a back injury and 2 years older hasn't exactly made him any faster...

Now I would say he is at the stage
    that Sutton was when Celtic bought him....
    Vid has great feetwork for such a big man...play him alongside a fast foil and he'd be good enough for any team who employ a powerful centre and quick forward combo

Suton has been rejuvenated by his move to Scotland, winning this years Player of the Year even ahead of Larsson in his final year. Personnaly I wouldn't say no to Viduka returning to Celtic, but I would be in the minority of the Support

OP
    Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #96
    Mexes nears Roma move

By John Sinnott

Liverpool target Philippe Mexes has edged closer to a move to Roma after the Italian club offered the French international a four-year deal.

Defender Mexes will leave in the summer for one of Europe's giants and Roma have emerged as favourites to sign him.

Mexes' agent Olivier Jouanneaux told BBC Sport: "Roma have offered Philippe an interesting sporting proposition.

"There is a four-year deal on the table and we're now just waiting for Roma to reach an agreement with Auxerre."

Auxerre are resigned to losing the 22-year-old, and have signed Banik Ostrava's Czech international defender Rene Bolf to replace him.

At the end of May, Roma named Parma's Cesare Prandelli as their new coach to replace Fabio Capello who walked out to join Juventus.

As well as playing for a side in the Champions League, Mexes' other motivation is to switch to a club where the coach will help him improve as a player.

"Philippe wants to play under a coach with a strong personality who will help him become a regular in the French national team," said Jouanneaux.

Mexes has won six caps for France, but the French defender just missed out on making Jacques Santini's final Euro 2004 squad.

OP
    Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #97
    Cocu joins PSV

PSV Eindhoven have confirmed the signing of Holland midfielder Phillip Cocu from Barcelona.
    Cocu, who was out of contract at the Nou Camp, has put pen to paper on a two-year deal with the club that he left six years ago to go to Spain.

The Dutchman had attracted interest from England, but made a gentleman's agreement that he would first speak to PSV if he ever left the Primera Liga.

"Our lost son has returned," said PSV's departing chairman Harry van Raaij.

The 33-year-old was linked with a move to the Premiership but he wanted to find another club before the Holland team jetted over to Portugal for the European Championships

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)