Summer mercato vote (1 Viewer)

Mercato vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 19, 2007
Chelsea two years ago wasnt exactly a world beater before tuchel made them click perfectly. Teamd dynamics win. I think this team has most of the parts and Max can make the defense good enough to compete at the top. Favorites? NO Contenders? Yes

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I did say contender and not frontrunner. There is a difference in being able to beat top teams and being favored to win it all. Its fair to say both years we went to the cl final we were in similar position
Nope. We had the squad in 2015 but we didn't have the mentality. Allegri managed to take us to the next level in 2015.

In 2017, we were definitely rated as one of the contenders.

Atm there are 7-8 teams that are way ahead which was not the case in 2015 or 2017

Both the squads had no particular weaknesses.

This squad is a far cry from that with glaring weaknesses at fullback and a midfield still under construction.

You can't expect a team to contend for CL with such obvious weaknesses.

Let's try to win in Italy before thinking of a CL challenge

Apr 19, 2007
Nope. We had the squad in 2015 but we didn't have the mentality. Allegri managed to take us to the next level in 2015.

In 2017, we were definitely rated as one of the contenders.

Atm there are 7-8 teams that are way ahead which was not the case in 2015 or 2017

Both the squads had no particular weaknesses.

This squad is a far cry from that with glaring weaknesses at fullback and a midfield still under construction.

You can't expect a team to contend for CL with such obvious weaknesses.

Let's try to win in Italy before thinking of a CL challenge
Very true I just hope we finish in the top half of the table bc this squad is terrible. The front 3 are garbage. Midfield? Rubbish!!! Defense? Havent had a shutout in 20 games!! Wait that was our good coach

- - - Updated - - -

We can at least agree that our squad isnt close to the top its going to be and January will be a different squad completely. Our front 3 is scary and if Peredes plays decent our mid is pretty solid as well

Last edited:

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
It was 5 or 5.5 for me with Milik (underwhelming a bit) and the lack of LB signing but the fact that we kept Fagioli and did solid deals on Arthur and Zakaria made me extra generous. Another two mercati not hindered by COVID financials+ will get rid of some deadwood next summer and we will see the light. Now Allegri must compete for the Scudetto until the last round.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I gave it a 7.5 based on how difficult it was to even create room in the squad to bring in new acquisitions. But lowering the bill and improving the squad can't be discarded as simply a 5/10 mercato IMO. There was a lot of damage to undo.

I would have liked to see a big hit come in for the attack but instead they were stop-gaps, so that's why the rating isn't higher.

I am not as concerned with the fullbacks, we couldn't fix every single position in one window. But they fixed a lot.

MagicAardvark

Jul 20, 2006
Good solid 7 for me.

Pros:
Wage bill slashed (even if only temporary)
dead weight gone - Zak, Arthur, Ramsey
good stop gap in Di Maria and Pogba (if he shows up)
good price on De Ligt, solid replacement with less pressure on him.
youngsters being integrated

Cons:
We cant expect everything in one window
Not a ton of squad depth especially at the back
aging full backs need to be replaced
resigning Dybala at a lower rate should have been done but I also understand why not.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
6,5. Plus for the fact that there could be room for our youngsters and we got rid of many useless players (Zak and Arthur will be here again though next summer).

Then again, useless Yankee is still here and he will play a lot for some unknown reason. Useless Polak is still here (thank god he is injured). Fullbacks suck ass. Another overhaul on the horizon.

But still a pretty good job when you think what a mess this squad has been (still is).

Boksic

May 11, 2005
4.5 for me.

+ve's
- Di Maria is as good a player as we could sign.
- Bremer has potential to be a top defender.
- Kostic will hopefully come good and opens things up tactically.
- I think Paredes will help us tactically but don't like the salary.
- Arthur gone and we received money for him.
- Wage bill is coming down.

-ve's
- Fullback has been completely disregarded and we lack enough quality width, leaving us with a still unbalanced squad. I'm a bit concerned we'll be too reliant on Di Maria and possibly Miretti.
- I think Dybala still had a place in the team and we've lost him for nothing to a direct rival.
- Undersold De Ligt. With Chelsea interested we could have handled that situation far better.
- Overpaid on Bremer, seemed like a lack of planning led to a last minute fight with Inter.
- Pogba is an expensive high risk transfer. Based on what has happened so far it has been a predictable injury and the pattern of his past few seasons suggests that will continue.
- Paredes salary is too high and has a high risk of being another expensive mid we can't get rid of if he continues his injury issues from last year.
- Should have cashed in on McKennie rather than Zakaria who I think could have been useful over the season and is on a low wage.
- Kean still here.
- Had to pay off Ramsey.
- Centre back still looks weak. We needed 2 signings there.
- Milik seems too high risk for injuries to be an reliable backup.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
5/10 overall. I don’t see us as weaker or stronger than last season.

I liked the signings of Bremer, Di Maria & Pogba. Paredes I think will also be a good signing. Kostic hasn’t impressed so far but may come good and Milik is a good option so we don’t burn Vlahovic out.

But to not address our full back positions at all is a glaring error and it’ll put us under a lot of pressure this season. Sandro is just not good enough to start. I wanted to see more improvement at CB as well. Bremer is a good MDL replacement but we can’t expect Gatti to replace Chiellini. Losing Dybala is also a negative Mercato mark, we clearly could have renewed him for a reasonable salary.

Impressed by the Arthur deal though and also the Zak deal. Shame we couldn’t ship out McKennie or Rabiot and kept Rovella. Also we should have moved Kean on but that never looked likely. Positive also that we keep Fagioli and Miretti with us.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Happy overall. The amount of deadweight was ridiculous and as much as everyone is a mercato guru, some players are just too hard to offload..sandro and rabiot for example.

I think our biggest mistake is not upgrading the left back position. It has been an issue now for many seasons, not sure why it is ignored, or not a priority.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
5/10 overall. I don’t see us as weaker or stronger than last season.

I liked the signings of Bremer, Di Maria & Pogba. Paredes I think will also be a good signing. Kostic hasn’t impressed so far but may come good and Milik is a good option so we don’t burn Vlahovic out.

But to not address our full back positions at all is a glaring error and it’ll put us under a lot of pressure this season. Sandro is just not good enough to start. I wanted to see more improvement at CB as well. Bremer is a good MDL replacement but we can’t expect Gatti to replace Chiellini. Losing Dybala is also a negative Mercato mark, we clearly could have renewed him for a reasonable salary.

Impressed by the Arthur deal though and also the Zak deal. Shame we couldn’t ship out McKennie or Rabiot and kept Rovella. Also we should have moved Kean on but that never looked likely. Positive also that we keep Fagioli and Miretti with us.
Mods we might have a bot problem

1662161452342.png

@lgorTudor

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Looking at big picture this mercato is quite good. We need to compare it with the goal they have like Allegri said keep young players, Sell/Loan excessive players, reduce wage bill and getting the players that fit with Allegri.

Some points are :
- We can argue that we sell too low for De Ligt. Max 75m incl bonuses. But we need to consider that De Ligt really want to go to Bayern and our fast action make it possible for us to buy Bremer for 40+9m. If we hold too long, it also possible that Bremer already gone or we have bidding war with EPL Club. Bremer also able to have longer pre-season to US
- We are able to get agreeement to rescind contract with Ramsey, loan Pellegrini
- We move fast after failed Rabiot transfer. We let the player decide and not froze him out of squad. At least Rabiot can still appreciated and play well for us after the transfer failed. He played good to compliment Miretti and Locatelli and i see him more ideal and will have good season. Then we get the best loan deal for Arthur and Zakaria (with fee and salary covered). Even for Arthur when Valencia lowball us, the risk is there. But in the end with Liverpool the option is better. They have more chances of buying than Valencia if Arthur success there. Even if Liverpool dont buy him, Other clubs will
- Get the players Allegri asked : Paredes, Milik for backup ST, Kostic. Retain and Get the space in squad for Miretti, Fagioli
- Able to register all of the players to CHL even have 1 spot for Ake/Kaio as winger/ST backup
- In beginning i dont like Rovella's loan but with Paredes came, its a must and we retain HG players : Fagioli and Miretti
- Too fast to decide for Cambiasso, but in the end it also OK. We didnt have roster spot to be registered at the time for Cambiasso. And all movements is very dynamic. Cambiasso will have a better chance developing in Bologna
- Minus are we didnt get LB and another winger but i guess Kostic will be deployed as LB if needed like Cuadrado as RB. For winger, we have Ake and Soule. Both seems included as first team

Last edited:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Honestly it was a 5/10 mercato (at best) until we fucked off Arturd on deadline day and actually managed to make Liverpool pay for his loan + wages for the season as well. Bumped it up to a 7.5 for me.

We’ve slightly improved the squad and we have gotten rid of a lot of trash. Still baffling to me that LB wasn’t a priority going into this new season. I really hope the club manages to rectify the fullback positions as soon as possible. Hopefully in January?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
A mercato in which we didn't spend any money but managed to offload some of our junk. We're somewhat better off than we were last season, and could challenge for the title if we have good fortune with injuries.

I'll give it a bare pass. 5.5

singus

Sep 22, 2020
We are Juventus

You must have seriously low expectations.
I have very high expectations for this season. I dont try to underrate what a huge mercato the management has provided Allegri (given our circumstances), just to have an excuse to use later on if the team still plays like shit and all the new players appear to be broken. You will notice how some of the hardcores in here have rated the mercato surprisingly low, likely setting up an early escape route.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)