Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Impeccable logic and planning i see, basically failing to sell a CM(Rabiot) that you now consider an automatic starter resulted in giving up on bringing a starting quality versatile forward(Depay) that can play both backup ST/CF/SS along with LW just to go ahead and focus the budget on buying another potentially starting CM(Paredes) and a not so versatile and static backup ST(Milik), all this while Paredes comes off the most injury ridden season of his career and also Milik himself is a well known injury magnet that has fallen in mediocrity due to so many of them.

Either the management completely lost the plot by changing all priorities and necessities from one day to the next or otherwise there should be another surprise winger(or maybe fullback) coming in as well for any of this to start making a bit of sense.
I’d assume Rabiot will hit the bench hard once Pogba is back. If we buy Paredes, it’s definitely gonna be:

Locatelli-Paredes-Pogba

If we go buy the reports that Allegri has a say in transfers, that means he was fine with Rabiot being sold and Paredes brought in instead, allowing Loca to be pushed forward. So I see Rabiot as a rotation option going forward if Pogba can actually remain injury free for the first time in years. Big if.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
But Rabiot non si tocca :lol:

Mgmt really fulfilling all of Max's wishes, they're really not giving him much room for excuses this season
Seriously this doesn't make sens at all , Juve tried to sell him , they agreed to sell him , Rabiot asked for 10m , what Mgmt should do ??
some of you guys like to complain about everything , you can't blame this mgmt for Rabiot/Ramsey etc ..

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I’d assume Rabiot will hit the bench hard once Pogba is back. If we buy Paredes, it’s definitely gonna be:

Locatelli-Paredes-Pogba

If we go buy the reports that Allegri has a say in transfers, that means he was fine with Rabiot being sold and Paredes brought in instead, allowing Loca to be pushed forward. So I see Rabiot as a rotation option going forward if Pogba can actually remain injury free for the first time in years. Big if.
8 CMs for 3 spots is too much tho. So it’s going to suck seeing Rovella being loaned out along with Fagioli. Hopefully someone comes in with a last minute bid for McSnacks so Rovella gets to stay.

Otherwise it’ll be: Loca, Pogba, Paredes, Rabiot, Zakaria, McKennie and Miretti as the 7 CMs this season.

On loan: Arturd, Rovella and Fagioli.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
8 CMs for 3 spots is too much tho. So it’s going to suck seeing Rovella being loaned out along with Fagioli. Hopefully someone comes in with a last minute bid for McSnacks so Rovella gets to stay.

Otherwise it’ll be: Loca, Pogba, Paredes, Rabiot, Zakaria, McKennie and Miretti as the 7 CMs this season.

On loan: Arturd, Rovella and Fagioli.
I think this is likely, and I’ll be pretty choked about it. They should really sell one of Mckennie/Zakaria and if they can’t they need to banish Rabiot to the stands. If we go into this season with just Miretti in our midfield rotation and the other two on loan we’re doing the exact same thing as last year and not using our young CMs to fill the rotation spots. Especially after all three showed they could perform in those spots.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
What percentage you give us to win the league
I want to say 20% but it depends on a lot of factors - injuries, Allegri's system, and whether our rivals perform according to expectations or not.

On paper (yes, here we go again with the on paper BS :D) we, arguably, have the best starting 11 (I'm factoring in the purchase of Parepiss), in spite of the glaring holes. However, our bench options are pathetic, and until Chiesa and Pogba come back, unless Di Maria stays healthy 80% of the time, we might even struggle to finish top 4. The margins are thin.

My concern is not only this season, but what happens beyond. In the summer of 2023, Cuads and Di Maria are both likely gone, Pogba is a year older, and Bonucci is, essentially, expired goods. We will, once again, have many positions/gaps/holes to fill.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Seriously this doesn't make sens at all , Juve tried to sell him , they agreed to sell him , Rabiot asked for 10m , what Mgmt should do ??
some of you guys like to complain about everything , you can't blame this mgmt for Rabiot/Ramsey etc ..
Wrong poster, I'm not one of the negative nancies that complain about everything about club.

What should do, really? At the risk of repeating myself too many times, it's world cup year and Rabiot is starter for France, we had some leverage. Have a mano a mano, tell him he isn't in plans and wouldn't get many minutes.

Even if that fails, which it shouldn't, freeze his ass. That'd hardly cost us much more than what's it already costing us because Rovella I assume earns pittance.

We've had many immovable objects because of that, and blaming current mgmt for struggling to rid of them didn't make sense. But Rabiot's case this summer is different. You're asking what else we could've done besides submit to him and mama Rabiot.

And I don't just blame mgmt for this. Our coach started him over Zakaria last game, played him full 90 mins and confirmed Zakaria was left out for "technical" reasons. Rovella got 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)