Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

and now we are looking for a winger. Our team is ruining the careers of players right now.
Kulu is doing well because he is a very good player. That being said he still didnt suit our style. Its better to see him grow somewhere else than get average performances here.
EPL suits his style better, thats about it.

alaska

May 25, 2013
We desparately need wingers. It's hard for me to believe that we couldn't use Kulu right now.

Then again, if we hadn't given him up, we wouldn't have DV9 which would be its own problem.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
We desparately need wingers. It's hard for me to believe that we couldn't use Kulu right now.

Then again, if we hadn't given him up, we wouldn't have DV9 which would be its own problem.
Genuinely if you need any proof that Kulu isn’t the answer for us just watch all of the games he ever played for us. He needs to play in a team with multiple threats as he gets space to attack. He was so slow on the ball throughout his time here that he was a meme by the time we sold him

I’m glad we sold him, and I’m glad he’s doing well. Certain player-team combinations are not meant to be

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Young players require patience, at Spurs its obvious that Kulu can be a good player. R Leao also started out slow at Milan, now we'd pay top dollar for a LW like that.
You gotta see some signs of improvement though. Kulusevski arguably regressed, while Leao was inconsistent. Just whining over Kulu while ignoring EPL open game factor, and the fact that Conte gets the absolute best out of his players is plain stupid.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
You gotta see some signs of improvement though. Kulusevski arguably regressed, while Leao was inconsistent. Just whining over Kulu while ignoring EPL open game factor, and the fact that Conte gets the absolute best out of his players is plain stupid.
Perhaps we should just get one of those coaches that get the absolute best out of theit players

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I personally hate that era and group
Yeah that's when I stopped watching every game tbh. Somewhere between Bonucci coming back (squeezing out Benatia in the process, who was pretty good as I remember), Douglas Costa spitting in somecunt's mouth, Emre Can's "We're not women, we're playing football" bollocks, the whole Ronaldo rape fiasco plus Gigi deciding he did want to continue playing football but then signing for fucking PSG after we already had prepared for his retirement I just found it hard to connect with the squad. Lichtsteiner left that summer as well.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Genuinely if you need any proof that Kulu isn’t the answer for us just watch all of the games he ever played for us. He needs to play in a team with multiple threats as he gets space to attack. He was so slow on the ball throughout his time here that he was a meme by the time we sold him

I’m glad we sold him, and I’m glad he’s doing well. Certain player-team combinations are not meant to be
Does it not demonstrate how difficult it is for an attacking player (particularly a wide player) to play for us?
His limitation was obvious, but he could be helped by having a couple forwards to attract attention, a full back that overlapped or a centre mid that got in behind the back line.
We had none of those so he was often isolated and played closer to his own goal that the opposite one.

The wide attacking players that have succeeded here in recent years are ones that can go one on one against a defender, often one on two and/or create something out of nothing.
Chiesa, Douglas Costa for a spell. These guys are so rare, particularly in Serie a.

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
one week left before the new season and we still have arthur, pjaca, rugani, rabiot in the squad, haven't decided to keep or loan the kids, have no proper LW and seem unlikely to sign any fullback.
Accelerate bini and bene.:rolleyes2:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Perhaps we should just get one of those coaches that get the absolute best out of theit players
Absolutely. Our current situation demands a Conte style hard taskmaster who is going to drill players into shape and make us look solid again, atleast in Serie A.

Some of our players look totally lost with Wegwi's pragmatism.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Does it not demonstrate how difficult it is for an attacking player (particularly a wide player) to play for us?
His limitation was obvious, but he could be helped by having a couple forwards to attract attention, a full back that overlapped or a centre mid that got in behind the back line.
We had none of those so he was often isolated and played closer to his own goal that the opposite one.

The wide attacking players that have succeeded here in recent years are ones that can go one on one against a defender, often one on two and/or create something out of nothing.
Chiesa, Douglas Costa for a spell. These guys are so rare, particularly in Serie a.
He’s just the wrong kind of player for us. Our wide players need pace and they need to be able to take on their man. Chiesa and Cuadrado have done well for us so it’s not an issue of Juve not being set up for wide play. Mandzukic also managed to own the wing for us.

Kulu played a position that 3 other players played, and he didn’t fit there as well as his colleagues. He’s a RF for Tottenham and we don’t play that system. He’s not quick, he’s not particularly good on the ball but his end product has certainly improved (but it’s improved because the PL is far more open and far less tactical). Attacking players flourish in the PL and he has confidence and consistency now. He wouldn’t have got that here because he never earns it. He played basically the whole season under Pirlo as well and he did very little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)