Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (29 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If we had 7/10 mercato so far, how much is now when pogba is injured?
Its only 2 months its not an ACL... and to think we want MR. ACL to join the team.
Zaniolo would be like a brother to the J medical staff...

- - - Updated - - -

sms too much, but there is a solution.

fabian ruiz. we must get fabian
I rather we add money and go for SMS.
F.Ruiz is good, SMS is great.

- - - Updated - - -

Fabian is average at best, he would be a panic buying

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
Naah, He is definitely a good player. The problem is that Napoli would ask way more than his worth and when Juve enters the Napoli territory we know its going to be very difficult.
SMS will cost a bit more but is way better (even if F.Ruiz is a very good player)

Buy on AliExpress.com

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
If we had 7/10 mercato so far, how much is now when pogba is injured?
It's the same. Pogba's comeback was always a so-so move. Personally I'd have never taken him back. He's been broken goods for years at United, how would one expect it to be any different here?

A serious club would go for SMS instead. I mean, it' better to have a reliable Audi than a completely broken down Porche.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
It's the same. Pogba's comeback was always a so-so move. Personally I'd have never taken him back. He's been broken goods for years at United, how would one expect it to be any different here?

A serious club would go for SMS instead. I mean, it' better to have a reliable Audi than a completely broken down Porche.
I am probably the biggest Pogba fan here but I`d still rather have SMS than Pogba.
Anyway lets hope he gets back and stay healthy. Im actually optimistic (and probably naive as well)

Robee

Jun 21, 2011

Except people ain't cars and Paul is 29. So any prediction about him going to be injured all the time is just biased or stupid.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Its only 2 months its not an ACL... and to think we want MR. ACL to join the team.
Zaniolo would be like a brother to the J medical staff...

- - - Updated - - -

I rather we add money and go for SMS.
F.Ruiz is good, SMS is great.

- - - Updated - - -

Naah, He is definitely a good player. The problem is that Napoli would ask way more than his worth and when Juve enters the Napoli territory we know its going to be very difficult.
SMS will cost a bit more but is way better (even if F.Ruiz is a very good player)
Agree to disagree on Ruiz, his recent season he is average even dropped from the NT by Enrique after the Euro's. ADL already annouce that Ruiz is not signing an extension because he is on a lookout for a better team. He is on the final year, at the end of the window if he doesnt get any offers we can still force ADL"s hand. I dont think he is the Koulibaly type who is attached to the city and didnt want to play for other clubs in Italy, but same time i dont see any most remote of a rumor linking any teams to him.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I agree that LB is a position that can and should be improved/upgraded but i think our highest priorities right now are elsewhere…. If we look at the squad atm we are supposedly rumored to be building towards a 4-3-3 / 4-4-2 hybrid formation and so far we have purchased only one winger in Di Maria while our other winger and projected starter Chiesa is still recovering from an ACL, and somehow we are still yet to see any real movement towards improving the wings.

Did Allegri change plans recently or what is going on because i really find it hard to understand how we are not making any proper moves for another winger and altough i am not as much against as others regarding bringing Morata back as a versatile back up for ST and LW i still believe that another winger(preferably a natural LM/LW type) should still be a major priority regardless of any other incoming or outgoing transfers. Going into the season with Kean,Ake or Soule as the only other players capable of playing on the wings aside from Di Maria and Chiesa would be a disaster in the making unless we plan to play a totally different formation afterall.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
I agree that LB is a position that can and should be improved/upgraded but i think our highest priorities right now are elsewhere…. If we look at the squad atm we are supposedly rumored to be building towards a 4-3-3 / 4-4-2 hybrid formation and so far we have purchased only one winger in Di Maria while our other winger and projected starter Chiesa is still recovering from an ACL, and somehow we are still yet to see any real movement towards improving the wings.

Did Allegri change plans recently or what is going on because i really find it hard to understand how we are not making any proper moves for another winger and altough i am not as much against as others regarding bringing Morata back as a versatile back up for ST and LW i still believe that another winger(preferably a natural LM/LW type) should still be a major priority regardless of any other incoming or outgoing transfers. Going into the season with Kean,Ake or Soule as the only other players capable of playing on the wings aside from Di Maria and Chiesa would be a disaster in the making unless we plan to play a totally different formation afterall.
We still got Cuadrado , who can play a RW and move Maria there if needed . Two youngsters in Soule and Ake . Maybe they want to weather the storm till Chiesa returns and see how he copes after injury before deciding to splash big on the next winger.

Tolath

Jun 3, 2018
I personally believe that the only hope for Pogba to be any good for us was with Dybala on the team.
Sooner or later he will get bored and be the Man U Pogba. and i fear that time already started with his injury.

Regarding Di Maria, he will be our best player for as long as it stays. But a 34 year old Di Maria should be a bonus to a good team, no your best player.

Bremer looks promising but we overpaid. no, the safest transfer, if that happened last year with Chiel still on the team i will make the transfer no as risky as it is right now.
Our whole defense performance is based on how Bremer will perform.

Overal, our Mercato is average so far,
I prefer our team to focus on our young talents and spend money only for players that make a difference.

Paredes will not make any difference, that transfer makes less sense that the transfer of Rabiot, Arthur or Ramsey at the time.

Morata transfer is totally safe. We know the player and how he performs. He is very useful on the pitch no matter the position we used him.
If from economical stand point we can add him. i prefer him that any other striker that we linked so far.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
We still got Cuadrado , who can play a RW and move Maria there if needed . Two youngsters in Soule and Ake . Maybe they want to weather the storm till Chiesa returns and see how he copes after injury before deciding to splash big on the next winger.
Moving Cuadrado up means leaving us mediocre on the RB role because he is the only efficient attacking fullback that we have…. I did mention the youngsters as well and i doubt they can be trusted in a team that is supposedly aiming to compete for trophies this season, it’s enough for Di Maria to miss one or two games at most at the start now when Chiesa is also not available and we will end up playing Roma or the likes with a wings pairing of Ake and Soule who earlier this year were playing together in Serie C with the U23’s.

The team at this moment is still very much incomplete in more ways than one and there are some key positions that probably need to be addressed sooner than others and in my opinion another proper winger is an absolute must right now.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Moving Cuadrado up means leaving us mediocre on the RB role because he is the only efficient attacking fullback that we have…. I did mention the youngsters as well and i doubt they can be trusted in a team that is supposedly aiming to compete for trophies this season, it’s enough for Di Maria to miss one or two games at most at the start now when Chiesa is also not available and we will end up playing Roma or the likes with a wings pairing of Ake and Soule who earlier this year were playing together in Serie C with the U23’s.

The team at this moment is still very much incomplete in more ways than one and there are some key positions that probably need to be addressed sooner than others and in my opinion another proper winger is an absolute must right now.

I agree we definitely need a winger , but i can see the club is having an economical approach to the situation. I can only think a loan deal with obligation to buy situation something we did for Chiesa and Loca if they want to sign a top end winger in this window.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
New Memphis links (Mundo Deportivo - no idea how reliable)
We officially in panic mode?
why? If he can fight for his needs with Barcelona and gets released for free then i would get him instead of Morata.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: also BUY A FUCKiNG WORLD CLASS LW already.

Last edited:

Tolath

Jun 3, 2018
Very unreliable.

Would be a better option than Morata though.
I do not think its a better option than Morata. Morata is a proven player to our team, and he makes a difference, the only problem is the cost of the transfer and his age.
Memphis is a player that he failed in any top team so far, i found no reason to add him to our team except if its loan with no obligation that can be terminated from our side
half way.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Very unreliable.

Would be a better option than Morata though.
More technically gifted indeed, nothing against him from this point of view, in fact even a bit similar to a right footed Dybala in skill, but also just as injury prone lately and way less willing to run and track back or sacrifice for the team the way that Morata would, also less likely to be happy accepting a back-up role here and his wages will also probably be much higher than what a back-up should be paid.

I don’t necessarily think one excludes the other as they are very different type of players in regards to what they can contribute and i believe that if the club is really serious about Depay than it means we are looking at him as a potential starter and also as one of the main goal threats we will have for this upcoming season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)