Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (64 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2020
The biggest problem wasn't buying ageing midfielders. It was buying the wrong ones, all the same type of players with no one there to score nor anyone to dictate play. That and handing out insane wages and extensions.

I'd prefer Berardi and Zaniolo over Perisic, easily if it weren't for the fact both of them are purely right sided; same as Di Maria and Soulé. And that makes such a heavy investment hard to defend. I'd try Zaniolo next season (when he has 1y left on his contract) to take over from Di Maria.
Ok well at least we agree that we rather see Berardi or Zaniolo than Perisic. There are obviously more names.

The hardest part of lowering the wages and stuff is already over. I think that we should be at the level that we could invest in some good players. Bentancur and Kulusevski paid Vlahovic for us, and every year there’s a budget. Costa, Arthur, Mandragora, Ramsey, Dybala, Berna, Chiellini and possibly even Rabiot or McKennie will be sold/of the books. And there’s the U23 with some possible plusvalenza. Honestly I think that this is the year that we could invest in a few good players. That’s why I continue to hope for Di Maria and Pogba. It are two good players for free and it allows us to continue to invest I guess

But if we sign Di Maria and Perisic, it really gives me a deja vu of lowballing a department in order to heavily invest somewhere else. Please spread the money and reinforce every line.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
i just wanted to say that im drunk as fuck and no matter what will happen in this next mercato, respect to all of u guys to be with that club in this shitty period. Because dropping off that dominance throne is the hardest thing we have encountered in the least 10 years, only relegation can be compared to this.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Ok well at least we agree that we rather see Berardi or Zaniolo than Perisic. There are obviously more names.

The hardest part of lowering the wages and stuff is already over. I think that we should be at the level that we could invest in some good players. Bentancur and Kulusevski paid Vlahovic for us, and every year there’s a budget. Costa, Arthur, Mandragora, Ramsey, Dybala, Berna, Chiellini and possibly even Rabiot or McKennie will be sold/of the books. And there’s the U23 with some possible plusvalenza. Honestly I think that this is the year that we could invest in a few good players. That’s why I continue to hope for Di Maria and Pogba. It are two good players for free and it allows us to continue to invest I guess

But if we sign Di Maria and Perisic, it really gives me a deja vu of lowballing a department in order to heavily invest somewhere else. Please spread the money and reinforce every line.
Hmm, I agree we should reinforce every line. But that is exactly where a guy like Perisic comes in imo.

We always neglected midfield. Pogba alone is simply not enough and I can't see us getting Zaniolo and adding other marguee signings in midfield and defence while we already splashed 90 mil in the winter mercato... If we can, sure, do it. But it would seriously surprise me :D

Neither one of those guys being sold is bringing in serious cash, except maybe McKennie. They're basically all leaving for free or on loan (Arthur) or probably not at all (Rabiot).

Jun 16, 2020
Hmm, I agree we should reinforce every line. But that is exactly where a guy like Perisic comes in imo.

We always neglected midfield. Pogba alone is simply not enough and I can't see us getting Zaniolo and adding other marguee signings in midfield and defence while we already splashed 90 mil in the winter mercato... If we can, sure, do it. But it would seriously surprise me :D

Neither one of those guys being sold is bringing in serious cash, except maybe McKennie. They're basically all leaving for free or on loan (Arthur) or probably not at all (Rabiot).
It could be like Pogba + Frattesi for the midfield. And Di Maria + Berardi/Zaniolo for the attack. Sign one of those young backs that going around the media for 10/15m. I think it should be possible. :ferrari::boh:

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
It could be like Pogba + Frattesi for the midfield. And Di Maria + Berardi/Zaniolo for the attack. Sign one of those young backs that going around the media for 10/15m. I think it should be possible. :ferrari::boh:
Frattesi. I like him but I doubt he's going to be an upgrade on McKennie in his first season here... Fine with a young fullback but we'd need a starting CB (doubt Gatti is that guy) and possibly a backup striker (if Morata and Kean are leaving) as well. Hopefully we can keep Morty on a serious discount.

Tomate

Jul 19, 2014
We need to end that midfield disaster we suffered for years with a bang this summer. Enough is enough.

Sign both Pogba and Milenkovic-Savic. The path to reclaim our throne as clear number 1 in Italy runs through midfield signings.

Apr 29, 2006
Euhm, overreacting a bit? Di Maria, Soulé and possibly Bernardeschi (or even Zaniolo). How many left footed wide players do you want?
So let me get this straight:
1. To be signed
2. 19 year old with no games, goals or assists for the first team
3. A sub, whose contract expires and as of today we are still evaluating

Come to think of it you are right - more than enough. Especially when we can count on players we haven't even signed. Maybe Agnelli or Arrivabene are left-footers as well...

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
So let me get this straight:
1. To be signed
2. 19 year old with no games, goals or assists for the first team
3. A sub, whose contract expires and as of today we are still evaluating

Come to think of it you are right - more than enough. Especially when we can count on players we haven't even signed. Maybe Agnelli or Arrivabene are left-footers as well...
1. You're the one who suggested 'if we sign Di Maria'. I reacted to that scenario, not so difficult to understand.
2. Yeah, if we want to play some youth. We should start and count on the somewhere instead of making them sixth choice.
3. A sub, yes. We need those as well.

4. 2 players for 1 position should probably be enough and we still have right footed alternatives. Not sure why that's such a problem.
5. We don't have the funds to buy 2 players in every position. So a bit of realism is needed here. Hence why we're probably extending Desci and Berna on doable wages.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2006
1. You're the one who suggested 'if we sign Di Maria'...
My first sentence is "No to Di Maria". I am all for playing youth, but burdening them with the responsibility of a starter or even ~20games player(at top teams with expectations) is unwise even for some generational talents. Going from 0 to 100 on the first try usually ends with one's final 100 to 0. Bernardeschi is no sub material, he is an expensive flop that we overvalued so much that we couldn't even sell for accounting purposes. Yeah, 2 players for a position is ideal, especially complimented with youngsters and alternatives. We are very far from that and we can't find a cure in one transfer window, therefore my whole point is that we must chose very well the one starter there for years to come and it can't be Di Maria.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
My first sentence is "No to Di Maria". I am all for playing youth, but burdening them with the responsibility of a starter or even ~20games player(at top teams with expectations) is unwise even for some generational talents. Going from 0 to 100 on the first try usually ends with one's final 100 to 0. Bernardeschi is no sub material, he is an expensive flop that we overvalued so much that we couldn't even sell for accounting purposes. Yeah, 2 players for a position is ideal, especially complimented with youngsters and alternatives. We are very far from that and we can't find a cure in one transfer window, therefore my whole point is that we must chose very well the one starter there for years to come and it can't be Di Maria.
"as he will be the only naturally left-footed wide player in our team" is a part of the reasoning you give. And I'm giving my 2 cents about why I think that is nonsens.

Same goes for the Soulé as starter as he'd clearly be the backup to other players like Di Maria and Cuads in that scenario.

About Berna; thing is he was overrated and therefor too expensive and with expectations way too high. As a cheap backup and handyman, he's fine. The new Giacherini as you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)