Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus

Jun 14, 2021
What about Declan Rice? Is he already worth 70M and bound for 15M wage? Or is he still on the cheaper side since he's in West Ham? Or should we just count him out because he's English and we don't have recent history with English players?
we don't need over hyped overpriced English flop

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Rice is a good player but the price is too expensive and period if adjustment too risky. He'd have ended up at Chelski or Man Utd without their issues, probably will still end up at the latter as they have fricking Fred in his position.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
I would sign Bellingham without a seconds hesitation, if his price wouldn't be too crazy. Which it most likely would be.

I mean, if you use that logic, I agree.

I'd sign Bellingham if he would only cost us 5-10m too.

I dislike Sancho but if we could get him for a 5m transfer fee and on cheap wages, sure. I'd sign him too.

But it's like creating a fantasy lineup. It's not real. In real life, English players are vastly overrated and massively overpriced. Even Rice. And they KNOW that if they stay in EPL with average talents, they will get massive wages. So to convince them to come here would require massive cost (to compete with EPL) and massive wages (to compete with EPL).

It's not feasible. There are equal players available for far less.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Who said 5-10m? I would pay 60-70m for a quickly maturing world class super young talent like Bellingham(as I would for the even better Wirtz). But when I say crazy I mean if he continues on this rapid rise in capability with Dortmund, they will demand 90-120m-ish for from EPL sides lol.

So that's out of the question. But if its closer to Vlahovic type sum, I would consider it. Top 3 most impressive young mids around. One that will likely dominate in top football for a long time. His type of talent is like a young Pogba that can defend. For him it doesn't matter if he is English or whatever nationality, he eventually belongs in a top club and whoever gets him will be lucky for a long time.

Rice is defenitely overrated tho, or not at all actually, everyone knows he is just a serviceable good DM, but West Ham will still demand crazy sums because they have no incentive to sell (they aren't strapped for cash), and know English clubs will pay necessary crazy sums for domestic key players in smaller clubs. Hence Maguire and Grealish sums.

With Bellingham the difference might be its Dortmund so maybe they won't hold off for only the craziest sum and move him on eventually for a high enough figure, and sign another talent for cheaper sum (tho this kid they bought for 25m pounds at 16...).

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
I would pay 60-70m for a quickly maturing world class super young talent
So not Bellingham.

This kid doesn't look worldclass. You're reading/seeing too much English hype media.

Just look at the stats.

2022: 3g6a in 23 Bundlesliga appearances
2021: 1g3a in 29 Bundesliga appearances
2020: 4g2a in 41 Championship appearances

He looks like he'll be decent, maybe even good. But worldclass?

Come on...

Edit: Like is Schmid on Werder worldclass? He's had a better 3 years in the Bundesliga than Bellingham? Those stats are severely average for somebody who is a quickly maturing world class super young talent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)