Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (53 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Says more about the club than the player.
He has 1 goal - 6 assists… great? No… serviceable as a rotation piece on reasonable wages, who seems to be fine with such a role? Absolutely.

- - - Updated - - -

If Dybala leave, I think that 7-8M is fair for Kessie.
5-6M + good bonuses for top performance would be fair imo.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Zaniolo, Kessie, LB, CB, recall Rovella and Fagioli. Max at the wheel, Cherubini and Arrivabene beating up on the transfer market

We back baby
Perfect, just not Kessié. At the expected salary he wants, we can definitely do better.

And get Alex Sandro, Arthur and Rabiot the fuck out of here.

Jun 16, 2020
What makes me think that? Simply the fact we just bled shitload of cash for Vlahovic and before it happened Juve's future seemed like as cheerful as a graveyard. We still have a lot of deadwood to remove and there won't be another recapitalization, so the club needs to be smart about spending which I think they will.

Current Zaniolo is a duplicate to Dybala IMO. Sure it might turn out Allegri thinks differently and puts him on the right wing with Dybala in the middle, behind Valhovic. Then, who plays on the left? Chiesa? Possible but not perfect. It may still happen, none of us know at this point. For sure we need someone for the left wing, more so than on the right.

I think the club would be way less afraid of Raspadori who would have very low wages here instead of 10m net for Dybala, but let's see. If Dybala stays I see Zaniolo as an unlikely transfer, he's not a Cuadrado type of winger at all and we need these for 4231. We're very short on the wings with Berna and Cuadrado expiring and Chiesa injured for the next 6-8 months.

In the end all we're doing is guessing now, obviously.
Dybala and Zaniolo might play in similar positions but they can play together with Chiesa on the left and Vlahovic as ST.

Dybala’s best position remains as CAM/SS while Zaniolo lost his place as CAM to Pellegrini before. He’s fine as RW. I do agree that we’ll need someone who overlaps but that shouldn’t be a problem with Cuadrado.

Besides that we’ve yet to understand how far we’ll go for Zaniolo, personally I doubt that it will be a +50m deal or something excessive. He will cost obviously but his injuries lowered his price.

Btw insane how our mercato exploded it’s just over and already we’re linked to him by Agresti.

Darkhorse

Aug 11, 2013
Injury free Zaniolo is by far the best young Italian player right now. If he can be signed on a contract with an injury clause or something along those lines, that is a no brainer.

Sent from my ...

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Isn’t it weird that the only player we ever talk about being able to play with other players or in specific formations is Dybala?

AND when we do talk about our other players in formations it’s almost always how flexible they are (I.e. cuads, Danilo etc)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Losing dybala for free, and replacing him with a player like zaniolo who has been injured so much would just be too risky.

Allegri needs to settle on tactics/formation. I think the two key signings in January would suit any formation allegri wants but moving forward and to complete the team we need to be more targeted in midfield and the final third. Dybala will be hard to replace, especially if he is clinical for us for the rest of the season. Alternatively if he leaves it opens up other opportunities.

Insigne on a free would have been a good gap fill for a couple of years especially if allegei opted for a 433. But that ship has sailed.

Kessie's wage demands are fucked, anyone who is willing to pay him 9 or 10m net has too much cash. Hope he enjoys the EPL.

While midfield reinforcements remain key, I think that our defense needs future proofing. MDL isn't here long term, chiellini and bonucci the same. Danilo isn't young either. Sandro is shit. Rugani has actually proven he can be decent back up.

Still lots of work to do. Lots of unknowns.

- - - Updated - - -

Injury free Zaniolo is by far the best young Italian player right now. If he can be signed on a contract with an injury clause or something along those lines, that is a no brainer.

Sent from my ...
Agree, but what type of injury clause can there be? And would he accept it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)