Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (90 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
He is very interesting talent, but ease off with the expectations, generational talents dont spend their time in Serie B at 21.
Verratti played for Pescara, has never featured in Serie A. Jorginho played for Hellas Verona until he was 23

- - - Updated - - -

Well so we agree that we didnt develop anyone for the past 15 years through our youth system

When this happens and play in top flight clubs in future then i I will change my logic and history will be irrelevant , till this happens history actually matters
Immobile is partially a Juventus youth product

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I know it's not Mbappe but we need someone who's experienced and would accept to take the bench for Vlahovic. Destro is a good player who's out of contract. Not sure we're even linked to him or anything, I'm just speculating on what player Allegri has in mind here. Paying for a bench player is kind of a waste in a summer where we need to reinforce quite a lot

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Berardi - Should we go for him?
The guy keeps performing for some seasons in a row.
My impression of him is overperforming due to Sassuolo being an attacking side - He could be useful although not as great as Sassuolo due to our tactics.
He is brilliant at times like the assist he provided against us.

If we do it we could play Chiesa Vlahovic Berardi.

Im talking about potential transfers - This is why I didnt talk about guys like M.Diaby who is probably going to cost some serious bucks to whoever want him

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
My impression of him is overperforming due to Sassuolo being an attacking side - He could be useful although not as great as Sassuolo due to our tactics.

Im talking about potential transfers - This is why I didnt talk about guys like M.Diaby who is probably going to cost some serious bucks to whoever want him
i wouldn't extend with berna and get either traoré or berardi instead. different players, both could be useful for different reasons. berardi needs to up his ambition though, he refused to leave sassuolo because the local hero status suits him better than fighting for his place in a stronger squad.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
i wouldn't extend with berna and get either traoré or berardi instead. different players, both could be useful for different reasons. berardi needs to up his ambition though, he refused to leave sassuolo because the local hero status suits him better than fighting for his place in a stronger squad.
I dont think this is the reason for him to stay at Sassuolo. I think he was afraid he wasnt ready so he stayed. He already said he feels ready now.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017

With Berardi it seems like the player that its never meant to be for us.

40m spent each on Bernardeschi, Costa, Kulusevski. Berardi was and is always better than them, fits our needs perfectly too. A playmaker from the wing. Someone that put in the workrate and combines with more vision than anyone in our team has.

There were rumors about Milan going for him. He would improve them massively as RW is a point of weakness in Milan.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
5 penalties though. Dybala is an overall better player for me, but the injuries just wont let him get in form or even play at all, so current Dybala < Berardi
You cant really compare them. They are playing for different teams with different mentality.
Juventus despite being stronger dont play as offensive as Sassuolo which means Berardi`s style would get hit. It doesnt mean we should or shouldnt go for him.

I personally want us to be stronger but Im not sure he is the right player for us even if he does improve us should he join.

Dybala - when available is very good. Vlahovic also helps him to receive some space and vice versa.

I feel we are going to lose him on a free transfer to Barcelona while we sign a replacement - Reports are saying we want Zaniolo so he might come.
Morata also needs to be addressed. He might not be here next year.
As for our midfield - Should reports be right and we get Pogba it means we can solve our link from midfield BUT then again Locatelli is one player to help Pogba but we need two.
Zakaria - I havent been impressed by him, seems like just another player for rotation rather than a must start type of player.
Rabiot - He must go - He is a bully and he isnt even good at that.

Zeus

Jun 14, 2021
Verratti played for Pescara, has never featured in Serie A. Jorginho played for Hellas Verona until he was 23

- - - Updated - - -

Immobile is partially a Juventus youth product

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I know it's not Mbappe but we need someone who's experienced and would accept to take the bench for Vlahovic. Destro is a good player who's out of contract. Not sure we're even linked to him or anything, I'm just speculating on what player Allegri has in mind here. Paying for a bench player is kind of a waste in a summer where we need to reinforce quite a lot

the same Immobile who has no impact on international level and failed in Germany and Spain ? if this is what we call a talent no thank you

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Immobile can score 500 goals and I still wouldn't consider him among the greatest strikers in this league. There's something incredibly underwhelming about him. A tier 2 striker at best. His career is literally non-existent on an elite level.

There's just far too many legendary strikers who have graced this league and have had a far bigger impact on their teams than just 'numbers'. I refuse to put Immobile in that conversation.

Last edited:

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Immobile can score 500 goals and I still wouldn't consider him among the greatest strikers in this league. There's something incredibly underwhelming about him. A tier 2 striker at best. His career is literally non-existent on an elite level.

There's just far too many legendary strikers who have graced this league and have had a far bigger impact on their teams than just 'numbers'. I refuse to put Immobile in that conversation.
Immobile is a lethal poacher, and while I agree he's no world beater, he has a unique finishing ability that has awarded him capocannoniere (top scorer of the league) three (3!) times. For comparison Zlatan has done that two times, same as Icardi, Di Natale and Luca Toni in recent years.
In 2019/20 Immobile scored 36 goals inside a single serie a season...

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Cuntobile is one of those players that is not quite a Jabroni, but he's nowhere near World Class either. He's like a mediocre Pippo, which is sort of a compliment I guess. He's definitely better than the likes of Pazzini and Borriello though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 70)