Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (29 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Out: Chiellini, De Ligt, Morata, Dybala.

That's not easy to replace, let alone make the squad better then it was (finished 4th).

And season starts in month and a half...

Difficult times...

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Out: Chiellini, De Ligt, Morata, Dybala.

That's not easy to replace, let alone make the squad better then it was (finished 4th).

And season starts in month and a half...

Difficult times...
I think with Chiellini, its exageratted a bit, he has played 1600 min whole season, wasnt key player for us at all, 7mins in whole CL campaign. One could say we were already playing with out Chiellini this past season. Gatti can cover that gap probably, replacing de Ligt is a problem though.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
I think with Chiellini, its exageratted a bit, he has played 1600 min whole season, wasnt key player for us at all, 7mins in whole CL campaign. One could say we were already playing with out Chiellini this past season. Gatti can cover that gap probably, replacing de Ligt is a problem though.
Some players bring more to the table then minutes played and that is why they are hard to replace.

Gatti doesn't have a minute in Serie A and to cover the gap we need someone like Koulibaly or Bremer. Even both if De Ligt leaves.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
You guys are really overrating this Gatti guy, he’s no juve starter material. Next Masi

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

May 26, 2016
Need a strong Defender to replace De Ligt with leadership abilities.

We cant afford to gamble on CB position. Bremer/Kouli would be nice if possible.

Kimpembe is a clumsy defender with poor marking, id rather get someone young and promising, funny enough someone like Christian Romero would have been great for us now imo

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Bremer:
This is his comment: " Where will I go to play? I'm talking about it with my agent and at the moment there is nothing defined. We are talking. I don't know if I will stay in Italy or go abroad ".
There is only one fundamental detail for the Brazilian: " The only fundamental thing is to play the next Champions League and this is important to continue to grow. It will all be defined in the next few days, in the next few weeks "

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Gatti is a fucking bricklayer from Frosinone with 1 good season in Serie B, insane how people just slot him in Chiellini's place without a second thought.

Kimpembe is a just a plain, average defender with no exceptional abilities based on all I've seen of him and his stats. Not an exciting option and would be a horrible replacement for either of our starters.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Gatti is a fucking bricklayer from Frosinone with 1 good season in Serie B, insane how people just slot him in Chiellini's place without a second thought.

Kimpembe is a just a plain, average defender with no exceptional abilities based on all I've seen of him and his stats. Not an exciting option and would be a horrible replacement for either of our starters.
dont shoot the messenger - its the clear intend of the managment to include him in our squad as 4th/3rd choice CB. I have my reservations but it is what it is.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
no, what’s insane is writing this and thinking you’re making some sort of point. Name one other player that went from bricklayer to NT cap within three years. That alone speaks to Gattis quality. To try and hold that against him is idiotic.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If we dont get a serious defender for MDL this market worth 0 even if we get all the players we want.
I really hope Koulibaly is indeed an option

Robee

Jun 21, 2011

Chiellini's place last season was the bench or the stands, pal.

Now let's wait and see what Gatti's all about.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
no, what’s insane is writing this and thinking you’re making some sort of point. Name one other player that went from bricklayer to NT cap within three years. That alone speaks to Gattis quality. To try and hold that against him is idiotic.
He obviously must have talent if we've signed him, but the sample size with him in top flight football is literally non-existent so to regard him immediately as a potential starter and third CB for us, which Chiellini was when fit, is absolutely baffling to me. He has only one good season in Serie B and zero top flight minutes, so maybe let's cool the hype.

Apparently the requirement for some sort of actual experience to be a Chiellini replacement is idiotic though.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Mmm agree. And what the hell are we doing going for Paredes. He's rubbish.

I think Rovella isn't as exciting as Fagioli and Miretti but he is the most experienced of those four if that's what Allegri thinks he needs.
I like Rovella a lot. He started playing for Genoa in Seria A as a 19yo. He's very good with the ball, good short and long passing, skilled set piece taker. He's also very agile and aggressive in defense. Imo, he has all the tools to become a very good regista.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)