Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (37 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
The Chiesa signing makes no sense at all, besides being overrated and very expensive, he literally likes to play in the same areas as Kulusevski.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I think pirlo has spoken with all players that are not in his plans and costa was one of them. I feel for costa...he is a quality player just unlucky with injuries.

Nonetheless my concern right now is whilst cuads and even chiesa may fit the bill for the rwb/rw role against the likes of samp, can they perform against the best in europe? I'm referring to their defensive abilities.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Just like Dzeko being a better player than Alvaro, Costa is definitely better than Chiesa at this moment in time. But that doesn’t mean all that much, when he plays 2-3 games in a row and then misses the next 8 weeks through injury. And he’s also 30. It finally looks like the long awaited project of massively lowering the average age of our squad has really begun. And it’ll be even younger next season when Chiellini and Buffon leave.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Costa looked really unhappy when I saw him vs Samp. I think he is not a part of Pirlo's plans.
Schira reported he’s not.

- - - Updated - - -

Nonetheless my concern right now is whilst cuads and even chiesa may fit the bill for the rwb/rw role against the likes of samp, can they perform against the best in europe? I'm referring to their defensive abilities.
considering they’re more mids than defenders in Pirlos system, yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
he can press. but would you use him as a fullback or a wingback? i won't.
He puts in his shift defensively, runs and tackles.

No one is talking about about him playing FB. He CAN play WB, and we aren't even technically playing with a WB but a RM (and LB on other side), which is the best role for both Chiesa and Cuadrado.

He's better/more consistent than Cuadra, but only needed if Pirlo has to have someone right-footed hugging touchline at all times and doesn't want Kulu cutting in and Wes becomes too important as mediano to be an option there.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
The Chiesa signing makes no sense at all, besides being overrated and very expensive, he literally likes to play in the same areas as Kulusevski.
Chiesa and Kulusevski don’t play the same role and are not in any way similar players.

Kulusevski plays as a second striker and will likely be moved to CAM once Dybala comes back.

Chiesa plays the Cuadrado role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)