Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (83 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Rugani linked with Leeds
it would be brilliant. and i wonder whether we even needed an other cb to replace him. if pirlo makes this hybrid 3-4 man backline tick properly with one of the fullbacks playing in the back 3 in possession, then a healthy quartet of de ligt, chiellini, demiral and bonbon should be enough for the season. too bad 3 of them had major injuries lately.

@JuveJay @U Picciriddu is any of the u23 guys good enough for a rugani-like backup role? dragusin maybe? i had high hopes for gozzi but looks like his progress stalled.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Rugani linked with Leeds

Can you imagine, you play highlline reckless shittty defending that concedes 3-4 goals a game so far, and your solution to improve this is Rugani :lol: Ok they are playing amatuars back there that he is objectively better then, but Rugani in highline defense line with the most intensively nonstop running physical league would be hilarious sight.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
it would be brilliant. and i wonder whether we even needed an other cb to replace him. if pirlo makes this hybrid 3-4 man backline tick properly with one of the fullbacks playing in the back 3 in possession, then a healthy quartet of de ligt, chiellini, demiral and bonbon should be enough for the season. too bad 3 of them had major injuries lately.

@JuveJay @U Picciriddu is any of the u23 guys good enough for a rugani-like backup role? dragusin maybe? i had high hopes for gozzi but looks like his progress stalled.
Plus Danilo and McKennie can fill in if needed, plenty of cover.

Brny44

Aug 24, 2020
Chiesa reminds me of simone pepe, if anyone knows him. A bit techically bad but hard worker and good in defence. Chiesa have all those atributes and he is also better in crossing and that is something sandro, mds and danilo don't know about. And also he is young and italian. With hom my mercato would be 8/10 with aouar 9/10 and with dest or gossens 10/10

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Chiesa reminds me of simone pepe, if anyone knows him. A bit techically bad but hard worker and good in defence. Chiesa have all those atributes and he is also better in crossing and that is something sandro, mds and danilo don't know about. And also he is young and italian. With hom my mercato would be 8/10 with aouar 9/10 and with dest or gossens 10/10
lol ofcourse

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Dragusin maybe, might be a season too early. Depends on the game. You wouldn't want him playing against Lukaku but if it was a home 'banker' I'm sure he'd do fine. He has more natural talent in his position than Frabotta, for example.

I don't think any of the others would be good enough long term. Coccolo and Gozzi are good athletes who can do a job but it's hard to predict.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I see the comparison but Chiesa is definitely a better player. Faster, better technique and dribbling, probably even more of a madman in terms of work rate.

electricRoo

Feb 27, 2011
You can't be serious, Simone Pepe knew how to run and basically that's it, super clumsy on the ball, couldn't dribble and attacking moves died at his feet, I hated whenever he was subbed in, he was useless. Chiesa is already 5 times the player Simone Pepe ever was.

BTW, I'm not a big fan of Chiesa, I don't watch him too often, but every time he played against Juve I recall having a good impression from him, very skilled, fast and an annoying opponent, I'd be quite happy to have him here. Why don't people like him? Because he's italian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 81)